Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Charlotte Hornets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Liberty Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
I visited Chicago for a week back in 2013 to watch the Bears and some other stuff and I remember running into Shea McClellin at a convenience store near the stadium. I talked him to very briefly(Really nice guy) and wanted to talk to him longer but had to excuse myself and make a beeline to the restroom as I had the runs.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t say hung out but I’ve met Fields at the airport on several occasions

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A long ass time ago, I put together a deal w/ Wheel of Fortune as a prize sponsor for a company I worked for in the travel space. Anyways, they used to do an NFL Players Week thing. They were filming down in Ft Lauderdale and I got invited down. I got the chance to chat w/ Gale Sayers backstage for like 15-20 mins.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t say I hung out with players but have met several including the majority of the 2018 team. Someone I know runs events at Soldier Field and I got the opportunity to go in 2018.

bandhammer

Liked Posts:
When I was in about 9th grade, there was a senior named Thomas Jones that used to show up at parties. He would hang out for a bit but didn't drink and he always tried to get everyone to be responsible and make sure everyone was taken care of. Very mature for his age. I used to hang out quite a bit with little brother, but this isn't a cowboys thread so there's that.

My mom used to work as a lab tech in a blood bank with a traveling lab tech who was the brother of Ron and Bam Morris. I got to hear quite a few stories about those guys as well.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
J’Marcus Webb. Not by choice, for a job. Used to do hotel security in Streeterville and Webb’s side gig while he masqueraded as an nfl blocker was big and tall menswear/suits. His own clothing company and another got a small conference room for some collaboration and I had to move their boxes/meeting stuff and kick out vagrants after they ran into him first.

Wanted to tell him he sucked to his face, but after he cussed out a homeless guy and told him to go/I had the front desk call the cops for guest safety; decided keeping my mouth shut was better than antagonizing a guy 3 times my size, with almost a foot on me.

Shot the shit with him for a bit. Truly a kind dude, just a turnstile and one of the worst offensive linemen I’d ever seen.

I also kicked out a bunch of ladies Demarco Murray smashed before a mnf game in 13 or 14 at soldier field against Dallas.
Nah, J-Webb was just a subpar OL. The bolded term was trademarked and is exclusive to its namesake, aka Frank Omiyale.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/small-world-i-hung-out-with-mitch’s-fiancé-tonight-ama.81801/

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One afternoon while on vacation my wife and I went bowling and were two lanes down from Walter Payton and Connie years before he got sick. Very friendly, unassuming couple who after my wife brazenly approached them, asked us to join them. They were probably one of the most friendly, outgoing couples I have ever met. He wrote a message and signed my wife's bowling bag.....lol, wish I knew now where we put it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had two in my garage... Had to shew them out as they were trying to get into my trash cans.... Good thing I didn't have my gun. Not sure that's hanging out but for a bit, they did look like they were trying to dance with me... ?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a kid I met Walter and got his autograph at an awards banquet my friend's dad took me to so a ticket wouldn't go begging. Footnote: the MC was Bill Cosby and I thought he was cool because he gave Big Jim Thompson a bunch of shit from the podium. AJ Duhe came up to my friend and me and asked us where he could get a beer and we were like dude we're 11 how should we know.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I went to a game with dez clark the year after he got cut but he had to leave at half time to do his show with alex brown and someone and we were destroying the lions. He said lovie’s doghouse was a thing but was otherwise tight-lipped
i was sitting in a bar in Irving TX with a fantasy football magazine doing pre draft study and this dude sits next to me and asked me about it and i said yeah but my team is the Bears, he says, oh yeah, i used to play for them...i said come on man....he said really, so i asked him for clues and i had had a few by this point so when i got it i punched him in the arm and said Keith Jennings! i was pumped, i bought him a few and we talked Bears football for a good long while he was cool as hell. I told him i owed him because I once played him in fantasy on my bye week and he had a 2 TD game

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Didn't "hang out", but we sat a couple seats away from Gale Sayers at a game. I'm not one to ever bother "celebrities" when I see them, but my gf at the time asked for his autograph. He grabbed the pen and paper, signed his name, and gave it back to my gf all without saying a word or making any eye contact. He just looked straight ahead the entire time, even while signing his name lol.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i was also at TC in Bourbonnais and my brother was a cop near there who did camp a lot, his friend became friends with Atrain and we were at this cops house and Atrain came by...he was a little quiet i think it was the year they signed Thomas jones so he didn't seem very happy

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Atrain was just a quiet guy in general from what I recall.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I hung out with Mongo a few years back, and two of the guys there were Packer fans. He said he didn't give a shit because if they would have paid him, he'd have played for Al-Qaeda.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Closest thing to hanging out would be about 20 minutes with Julius Peppers at a Carolina Hurricanes game. We bought him a drink and he hung around for a bit to shoot the shit with us. Me being a Bears fan and my brother being a Panthers fan, was a pretty cool experience.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I drank all night with Keith Van Horne one night. Was at as friends cottage and he was the next door neighbor. He wandered over when we had a bonfire going. We kept giving him beer and he kept answering questions about the 85 Bears. Was a real cool dude.