CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What current and past players have you met? Who was awesome and who wasn't?

From the 2 years I went to Bears training camp as "Media" - got to chat with Matt Forte, Shaun Draughn, Jordan Lynch, Julius Peppers, Brandon Marshall, Jerry Azumah, Brad Maynard. Outside of that opportunity, haven't personally met any Bears players. 2-3 being actual conversations and the rest just occuring in passing. Not many opportunities to do so living in North Carolina.

Zack actually got to hear my brief exchange with Brandon Marshall coming out of the cafeteria at lunch. He had an awful day, 4-5 big drops, enough that there was a thread about it on CCS that day. A little star struck I gave him a "great day man" not even thinking about it - to which he thought I was being sarcastic and said something like "that was the worst practice of my life".

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wife and I met Brian Urlacher and had dinner with him at Ginos East of all places. So fucking random I know. A once in a lifetime situation. It was awesome.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Met Peanut at the Kalahari in the Wisconsin dells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I met Mike Ditka at his restaurant. Our waitress saw that I bought that famous picture of him flipping off the camera from the gift shop and told me to go upstairs to meet him, so I did. I also ran track against Curtis Conway in high school and "met" him during the 4x100 relay.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I met Dick Butkus at an autograph signing. The guy in front of me asked him if he would pretend to strangle him for a picture. He laughed and then made a snarling face while wrapping his hands around his neck. It was great! Super nice guy. I'm a pretty big guy, but his shoulders and hands were huge.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I met Steve McMichael at a WCW event about 20 years ago.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My company hired Dan Hampton, Otis Wilson, and Steve McMichael to sign autographs at a Christmas party a few years ago. I think those are the only Bears I've ever actually met.

dayn44

Liked Posts:
Eddie Goldman goes to my gym. I talked to him briefly.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Standing in front of a butcher counter to get some steaks, Alex Brown was right next to me. It took me a minute to realize it was him, I said hi Alex he grinned and said hi talked briefly about the beloved and moved on.

Rex Grossman was in a paint store I was in, he was friendly said hello.

Jimmi Mac at a farmer's market, he did not want to be bothered when I said hey.

I was house hunting a couple years ago and wait for it... the realtor informed me Maury Buford used to be the owner.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Kyle Long and Jordan Mills in Pittsburgh in their rookie year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd like to clarify here that those of you slobbering aggressively all over Mack when he's out shopping have not really "met" the man.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Met Lance Briggs at a house party in Schaumburg the week following our 41-14 victory against the 49ers in '06. At first he refused to take shots with us but that changed pretty quick.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Only Bears players I've actually met are Raymont "ultra back" Harris and James "Big Cat" Williams. Quite possibly the largest human being I've ever seen.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The husband of my mother's best friend from college was the head coach at Wisconsin Platteville in the 80s. We went up during training camp a few times and got to meet the players after practice. Of course meeting Walter, I believe in 1983 when I was 7, was the greatest highlight, but I shook hands with a lot of those guys.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Took my boys to the Senior Bowl autograph event when they were wee tots. My boys, Gators fans, got Chris Leak's autograph. I stood in line for 2.5 friggin' hours while they ran around and met other players. Bet no one else has a ex-Bears QB Chris Leak's autograph.
:yes:

The shit we do for our kids.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Brian Baschnagel - at a company function.
Emery Morehead - played 18 holes with him at a fundraiser.
Chris Zorich - banquet.
Roland Harper - played 18 holes with him at a fundraiser.
Mike Ditka - Ditka's Restaurant
Bruce Herron - played 18 holes with him at a fundraiser.