dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wins, especially against GB. As good as Pagano was against the Vikes, Fangio would have been better yesterday.

Leno and Kyle getting better or replaced is another answer. We just saw what VG OL play can do to a great D.

Cohen taking initial holes and not getting smarter. Antmil doing less harm than good.

I mention those 2 because they have ability but Cohen constantly diverts from lanes and runs OB when he needn't. Miller had that stupid penalty and then compounded it on the kickoff coverage when he ignored the runner to jump on a pile he wasn't in. If you want to know why Mitch pulled it down 2 weeks ago look at our last O play. The QBs don't trust him to stay on a route or make the best read. Don't get me wrong, that was a very poor choice by Daniel but your guy staying on route and in the area can at least defend.

Mitch playing better is last, simply because it's obvious but the 3 things I mentioned previously would also help that.

Actually Daniel took the blame for that bad throw to A.Miller that was INT'd.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Running the ball is the only way. Ball control offense. Keeps your defense fresh and puts your QBs into manageable situations. Unfortunately I don’t think they have the lineman, backs or coaching staff capable of achieving this.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
People are saying we need a new qb this season and that's not right, the only major change we need is some new faces on the oline.

I blame the o-line, the o-line coach (who everyone on here raved about when we got him) the QB play and definitely M.Nagy and his play calling. I have a big problem and worry about M.Nagy and how he's calling games and that o-line is just bad. Leno was once again hot garbage and Massie was bad yesterday as well.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Last thing the Bears should be doing is trading picks.

And why is that? Who are you projecting in the fifth round that we need to hoard that pick for? Should we be sellers? Serious question

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Chase is awful. Trubisky is below average. Is it possible we can contact the Titians, and pull off a trade for Ryan Tannehill. Ryan Tannehill never had a good team , and still managed to go 8-8.
Get the running game fixed. They have been too soft on the line. Do what you have to get that corrected. Use the bye week to bench Long and re-shuffle the line. Unfortunately they have to work with Leno, I don't think we have a better option at LT. What's so great about this Heistand fellow, again?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually Daniel took the blame for that bad throw to A.Miller that was INT'd.
I said it was a very poor decision. We had time and downs. No need to force anything but your WRs can still help you.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is saying "Get the running game fixed" similar to saying "Get better QB play"? Right now it looks like we don't have the personnel. I'm not saying give up on it, but I don't know what gets fixed at this point when you're getting blown off the line.

So what do we actually change? What levers can we actually push as a team? I have no idea-it seems like the Bears can't throw deep, can't move the chains throwing short, can't run outside, can't run inside, can't pass block. Heavy formations get stifled, wide formations are too much for our QBs to read. Gimmicks and gadgets have no chance.

Do we start benching O Linemen? That's about the only real practical thing I've seen suggested and I know I don't trust Bars and Coward. As a general rule I think cycling through O Linemen is a terrible idea, but that might be where we're at.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably not.

The QB position has not progressed how we had hoped.

The roster also has a critical weakness at OL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And why is that? Who are you projecting in the fifth round that we need to hoard that pick for? Should we be sellers? Serious question

The Bears are going to be up against the cap next season and need all the picks they can get to re-tool. There is no one out there that the Bears can simply trade a pick for mid-season and have it make a big difference. 5th round though is a perfect round to draft some oline competition that will be cheap and under contract for 4 years. If they were just "one trade away" then sure, I'd endorse trading a pick. Clearly they aren't though.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Is saying "Get the running game fixed" similar to saying "Get better QB play"? Right now it looks like we don't have the personnel. I'm not saying give up on it, but I don't know what gets fixed at this point when you're getting blown off the line.

So what do we actually change? What levers can we actually push as a team? I have no idea-it seems like the Bears can't throw deep, can't move the chains throwing short, can't run outside, can't run inside, can't pass block. Heavy formations get stifled, wide formations are too much for our QBs to read. Gimmicks and gadgets have no chance.

Do we start benching O Linemen? That's about the only real practical thing I've seen suggested and I know I don't trust Bars and Coward. As a general rule I think cycling through O Linemen is a terrible idea, but that might be where we're at.

I hear ya, it doesn't look good.

But there's still some hope for the o-line because it was serviceable 9 months ago. The QB thing never really happened.
I still feel like Nagy doesn't put enough focus on running. I don't know if that will change.

We can bench Long and hope Leno gets better - probably not - but there's still hope.
Typically when I see bad oline play...it stays bad. That's just how it is.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Shut up Special person

Wow what a comeback. You should feel real good about yourself that you can use a word like that with all the mentally challenged children we have in this world that go through what they have to go through and what the parents of those children go through to raise them.

Thanks for once again showing how much of a clown fuck you really are.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Wow what a comeback. You should feel real good about yourself that you can use a word like that with all the mentally challenged children we have in this world that go through what they have to go through and what the parents of those children go through to raise them.

Thanks for once again showing how much of a clown fuck you really are.
I’m sure you can relate