Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
My two cents.

We are going to have draft a QB in the fubar draft and Pace is going to make the pick.

Foles and the defense will be good enough to keep Pace and Nagy from getting fired before their contract is up.

Ppl are underrating Foles. Of course it won't be the greatest show on turf, but he will grade higher than Trubisky as a QB. But like Trubisky he still has to work with no running game. Monty getting injured is a huge blow.

Ppl are overrating our TEs. Any gain here might be cancelled out by no real RB.

We just need Foles to stay healthy cause that's been an issue with him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think 2 things will have a significant impact on where a QB is picked and they are kind of intertwined

1. how well does Foles play
2. How secure are Pace and Nagy at the end of the season

If it is a bad season they may feel they need to have a real long term QB to sell vs a year of development in 2021.

KPBears

Liked Posts:
What should they do? Cut ties with Mitch, see if they can sucker anyone else into giving up anything for Foles, and draft a qb in 2021. If they're bad enough to end up with a top 10 pick, go qb with 1st round. If not, trade down and look for a qb in the 2nd.

What will they do? Sell this myopic fan base on "Run the Ball. Bear Weather. Game manager qbs!" and waste another year with Foles, a career backup in his 30's who is not the long term qb.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Just having a legit TE should make a difference for this offense this year. Last year of course the injuries killed up especially at TE but o-line injuries and WR injuries also hurt us. Nagy still needs to know how to call plays better and now we gotta start the year without our starting RB and no legit 3 down RB to take his place. Nagy probably doesn't give a damn cause he kept going away from the running game with a healthy Monty last year.

Nagy needs to adjust. He has shown no ability to adjust on the fly. Square peg round hole.

His scheme doesn't work. It doesn't fit the players, and even if it DID it still may not work. Is Kmet going to be coached into running into the guard when they try to run some fancy run play?

Nagy has to turn this group into a middle of the pack offense. If they can do that this team can be a playoff team.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this camp has shown us anything, it is that neither Foles or Trubisky are someone we want to build around long term.

What do the Bears do get a long term QB in here?

Who are some names you like?

If the Bears are not at least 2-2 after 4 games. I would trade Mack, Hicks & Robinson. To acquire some extra high round draft picks for next year & tank the season. Then the Bears would be in position to draft a top QB prospect & have the picks to build around him. Also I would fire Pace and bring in someone who knows offense & can properly evaluate QB talent. Good QBs in FA are very hard to find, this offseason was probably the deepest in years & Pace passed. The Bears will need to be a bad team in-order to find their long term solution at QB, which is through the draft.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Sorry to be an over-reactionist.. but I think this conversation will be more valid after somebody here actually gets to see them play. I know the logical thing to do would be to make our plans now after getting the beat reporters take from 7 training camp/'practices' hardly 1 month into full team activities. I especially do not think it's premature to judge Foles, as he's already had multiple weeks of throwing to these wr's and running nagys offense for the first time ever. Is the season here yet?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
We just need Foles to stay healthy cause that's been an issue with him.

It really hasn't. His season ending injuries were five years apart. It's a stereotype that because he's slow, he's going to get injured and cannot just throw the ball away.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t know, and I don’t think they know.

While I’d love to get a good young QB on a rookie contract, I wouldn’t close the door on getting a competent free agent veteran QB or someone who wants out of their current situation.

I think to shirk that would be to ignore situations where that worked over the course of a few years. I don’t really have any specific current names in mind, but I’m sure there’s no shortage of ideas around here.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
If this camp has shown us anything, it is that neither Foles or Trubisky are someone we want to build around long term.

This camp hasnt shown us anything other than Mitch is who we thought he was .

We dont what Foles could do because has yet to play a game.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

Well, the Bears are rolling the dice and hoping that Nagy's offense can do to Foles what it did for Alex Smith. If it works, Bears are good for 4 more years. If it doesn't then they're hosed.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm 100% fine at this time with trading up to get Trevor Lawrence. Other than that, I really don't like going into next year needing to draft a quarterback. I hate to sit on our thumbs with a championship caliber defense playing whatever free agent works out for us... But unless something unexpected happens, the only long term answer next year is Lawrence.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember things very differently. This board was firmly in the Watson camp at the time.

As usual..... the CCS Collective would do a better job than Big Braned Pace. If Virginia wants to save a money she should just set up a poll over here and we'd do better.
Doesn't it go further back than that though? Iirc, there were some on this board that wanted Jimmy G. Had the Bears gone that route, they would have only needed to trade away a second round pick, (which was wasted on Adam Shaheen anyways), and could have picked up either Adams or McCaffrey.

The elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about is the Khali Mack trade, it's cap implications, and how it crippled the draft options in the future.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It really hasn't. His season ending injuries were five years apart. It's a stereotype that because he's slow, he's going to get injured and cannot just throw the ball away.

But he didn't play much actual football in between that 5 year period.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Foles has started 3 seasons recently and was hurt in all of them and missed multiple games.

The injury thing us real.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears are not at least 2-2 after 4 games. I would trade Mack, Hicks & Robinson. To acquire some extra high round draft picks for next year & tank the season. Then the Bears would be in position to draft a top QB prospect & have the picks to build around him. Also I would fire Pace and bring in someone who knows offense & can properly evaluate QB talent. Good QBs in FA are very hard to find, this offseason was probably the deepest in years & Pace passed. The Bears will need to be a bad team in-order to find their long term solution at QB, which is through the draft.

This makes zero sense. The only way Pace is going to trade away the players you mention is if he is fired already or assured he will not be fired.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles has started 3 seasons recently and was hurt in all of them and missed multiple games.

The injury thing us real.

Mitch will start week one against the Lions. The Lions defense sucks ass, admittedly. Many will point to this as proof Mitch should be given a chance. It will be the Bears downfall this year. Book it.

8-8