What do we do with Mitch?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If he keeps playing at this level than they will likely have to franchise tag him.
Franchise tag will be what, $25 mil? No way the Bears can keep Foles and Trubisky next year at that level, right?

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Mitch is nothing more than a “game manager” who will never be CONSISTENT. Can’t win consistently with this kind of inconsistency out of the most important position on the football field.

If he is not consistent by now, after all this time, coddling, and special treatment.... he will never be consistent.

I say try to get a 4th (5th) rounder for him, cut our losses, close this ugly chapter, move on. Draft a QB and groom him under Foles. Put some of that Foles wasted money to good use.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Franchise tag will be what, $25 mil? No way the Bears can keep Foles and Trubisky next year at that level, right?
If he plays well enough to be worth the tag (not there yet, IMO), then we should just sign him to a 2-3 year deal for about 20m per. I don’t see how he could play that well and have it be a fluke.

swz01

Liked Posts:
If he plays well enough to be worth the tag (not there yet, IMO), then we should just sign him to a 2-3 year deal for about 20m per. I don’t see how he could play that well and have it be a fluke.

Again, if the tag is going to be considered for anything other than a significant improvement over 2018, why was the 5th year not picked up when looking at the cap situation?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, to my surprise, PFF has been singing Mitch's praises. Said that if he keeps playing the way he's playing, the Bears are going to the playoffs. Apparently they have him rated as the best offensive player on the Bears for the Giants game yesterday...and supposedly the 7th highest rated QB who played yesterday.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well, to my surprise, PFF has been singing Mitch's praises. Said that if he keeps playing the way he's playing, the Bears are going to the playoffs. Apparently they have him rated as the best offensive player on the Bears for the Giants game yesterday...and supposedly the 7th highest rated QB who played yesterday.
They must have only looked at the box score...lol

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He didn’t look like “ass” 5 of the 8 quarters. You live in some fantasy world where you think you can just state things and it’s reality. Wake up. These last two performances are contributing to him sticking around and being the guy. You just trying to state falsehoods won’t change that reality. You can try and create all these “he’s sucked for 5 of 8 quarters” narratives all you want. He went 2-0 with 5 tds and 2 interceptions. He’s not getting dumped if the results stay positive. Accept it because it’s a certainty.

And are you seriously confused as to why the fifth year wasn’t picked up? That needs explained? Give me a break.

And you don’t decide what’s better than 2018 as far as Trubisky is concerned. I know you’ll just say it wasn’t good enough no matter what. And that then justifies your argument that they can’t then franchise him. It’s just nonsense on your end though. The organization will decide whether he’s competent enough to move forward with. Not whether you think he significantly outplayed what he was in 2018. Because in that scenario like I said, you’ll just be disingenuous and claim no matter what it wasn’t good enough. But irrational people on the internet don’t make those decisions. So it’s moot anyway. Just saying, that’s the false reality you’re already trying to set up and create.

Last edited:

swz01

Liked Posts:
Let’s see him win games against better than .500 teams. The Lions and Giants are probably 3 or 4 win teams this year.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
He didn’t look like “ass” 5 of the 8 quarters. You live in some fantasy world where you think you can just state things and it’s reality. Wake up. These last two performances are contributing to him sticking around and being the guy. You just trying to state falsehoods won’t change that reality. You can try and create all these “he’s sucked for 5 of 8 quarters” narratives all you want. He went 2-0 with 5 tds and 2 interceptions. He’s not getting dumped if the results stay positive. Accept it because it’s a certainty.

And are you seriously confused as to why the fifth year wasn’t picked up? That needs explained? Give me a break.

And you don’t decide what’s better than 2018 as far as Trubisky is concerned. I know you’ll just say it wasn’t good enough no matter what. And that then justifies your argument that they can’t then franchise him. It’s just nonsense on your end though. The organization will decide whether he’s competent enough to move forward with. Not whether you think he significantly outplayed what he was in 2018. Because in that scenario like I said, you’ll just be disingenuous and claim no matter what it wasn’t good enough. But irrational people on the internet don’t make those decisions. So it’s moot anyway. Just saying, that’s the false reality you’re already trying to set up and create.
Lol if you think those performances from Mitch are gonna get any wins against good teams then you’re fucking delusional

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Yeah. I’m not dying on that hill.

im just saying if the results stay positive then it won’t matter when people are like “he only played well for 2 quarters“ or whatever. Maybe if they were 2-0 and he had like 4 interceptions and no touchdowns. Yeah, he’d be benched already probably. When the stats are positive though. And they’re winning. You’re delusional if you think that equates to anything other than him sticking around. You can spend all day on the “he really sucks. He only played well 3 quarters” narratives. It won’t matter though. He’ll get paid and he’ll be the Bears starting QB.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Let’s see him win games against better than .500 teams. The Lions and Giants are probably 3 or 4 win teams this year.

lol, this is exactly what I was thinking as I watched both games. what happens when they play the Packers? only reason they're 2-0 is because the league didn't gangfuck them again with the Packers to start the season.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Lol if you think those performances from Mitch are gonna get any wins against good teams then you’re fucking delusional

What’s been so terrible? People act every NFL QB other than Mitch Trubisky is Drew Brees. He hasnt been perfect. He’s been competent though. And borderline good.

once again. What’s with people thinking they can just state falsehoods and will their nonsense into reality? They were killing the Giants and the gameplan clearly slowed down. That’s just the flow of thr game and the limitations of what the Bears are overall. They’re good but not elite. If they pull ahead they’re going to then grind out the game. And obviously QB numbers are going to drop. The Bears don’t exactly have this dynamic offense waiting to explode that Trubisky is holding back. I know some like to think that’s true, but it isn’t. He was fine. He was mostly fine against Detroit as well. The game flow will more than likely be totally different than it was in the Giants game against a good team anyway.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
What’s been so terrible? People act every NFL QB other than Mitch Trubisky is Drew Brees. He hasnt been perfect. He’s been competent though. And borderline good.

once again. What’s with people thinking they can just state falsehoods and will their nonsense into reality? They were killing the Giants and the gameplan clearly slowed down. That’s just the flow of thr game and the limitations of what the Bears are overall. They’re good but not elite. If they pull ahead they’re going to then grind out the game. And obviously QB numbers are going to drop. The Bears don’t exactly have this dynamic offense waiting to explode that Trubisky is holding back. I know some like to think that’s true, but it isn’t. He was fine. He was mostly fine against Detroit as well. The game flow will more than likely be totally different than it was in the Giants game against a good team anyway.
I didn’t say terrible. Mitch is just a guy and will never be anything more. If you’re ok with settling for mediocre/average that’s your choice, I’d prefer someone I can confidently call good. No he doesn’t have to be Drew fucking Brees, give me a break with the dramatic theatrics