What do we need to do to get the most out of Mitch?

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
A normal west coast offense without all the dumb extra motion and gimmicks.

More roll outs

O lineman actually selling the play action

No more jet sweeps setting us back on 1st and 2nd down
BINGO!

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
1. Roll Trubisky out a few times per game
2. Give Trubisky the green light to run
3. Hand the ball to Montgomery 20 times per game, 10 of which need to be in the first half
4. Balance
5. Slants
6. Stop doing stupid gimmicky shit
7. Stop running Tarik Cohen up the middle
8. Take snaps that are under center sometimes
9. Don't always run when we bring in an extra blocker
10. Wims doesn't suck, he needs to play more often
11. Cut Shaheen and Burton, we're getting a real tight end
12. Draft offensive linemen
13. Force Trubisky to step up in the pocket, and then always step into his throws
14. Teach Trubisky how to throw the ball away
15. Stop calling plays where 3 receivers end up in the same spot
16. This team as a whole needs to get fucking physical
17. The playcalling and gameplan need to be constantly adjusted throughout the game, this is chess, play it
18. If Trubisky is struggling, an honest effort needs to be made to get him going (again)
19. Run the fucking ball
20. Play action only works when you run the fucking ball, deep looks downfield only work when you run the fucking ball
21. Run the fucking ball
YES, SIR!

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll have to go with what others have said. Limit Trubisky's throws. Run more...etc.

But Nagy isn't going to do that stuff. He's not going to focus on running and take shots passing when we can. We have a QB who cannot execute the new coach's scheme, and the coach isn't going to change it because "be you."
The problem with that is that teams are stacking the box with 8-9-10 guys..The run isnt very successful against that D..Throwing down the field seam passes will open that up...Plus, we need a power back

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Run The Ball: Mitch clearly is not a carry the team QB, but when the Bears run the ball and can do a little play action he seems to settle down and make some plays. A strong run game has always been the basis of winning with a limited QB.

Scheme

-More diverse run sets, which includes the I formation, and less of the RPO over and over again.
-More commitment to the run
-More designed QB runs

Personnel

-They need some ass kickers on the OL, they are soft at LT, and athletically limited at RT.
-They need significantly better TE play to run the ball
-They should add a straight line bruising RB for times when Montgomery needs a blow and they need 1 yard.

Screens: the Bears are a miserable screen team and that makes life more difficult for your QB. Screens are like stealing yards and they get in the head of DCs and pass rushers.

Scheme

-Set them up better, it seems like we run screens at the most obvious times and with the most obvious personnel.
-Call them more consistently, once a quarter to stay in the head of the DCs and pass rushers
-Call them to more diverse personnel, remember 3-4 weeks ago when we ran a nice middle screen to Holtz and then never ran it again?

Personnel

-Better OLmen, screen seem like they would be easy for the OL, but they require you a certain level of athletic ability and ability to move people in space

Protection: Mitch's pocket presence is not where it needs to be. In fact it has regressed a lot this season, but we saw against Detroit that when he gets protected and he is not rushing he can make some throws and make some reads. No QBs like pressure, but some do better with it then others.

Scheme

-Play action, Mitch needs to improve in his play action, but nothing slows down a rush more especially if you no longer suck at running the ball.
-Big personnel, have the extra tackle on the field and ensure a strong physical pocket. Having the extra OT allows you to double in other areas across the line.
-Better one on one matchups, which means less Bobbie Massie 1 on 1 with Bosa.
-More protectors might take people out of the routes, but Mitch is not making 3-4 reads so do not send an extra guy out, protect so he can make 2 reads.

Personnel

-The Bears need to move from a competent OL to a dominant OL and that means you need to upgrade and have better competition.
-Leno and Massie are too often bull rushed into the pocket
-Daniels has struggled in 1 on 1
-The entire line has struggled with stunts and blitzs, which should get better with Whitehair at C.

Size Running Routes: we know he is not accurate and we know that he struggles to find the smaller guys on the field and when he was really showing something last year that the TE was one of his first 2 reads.

Personnel

-Play Wims more
-Find a real TE that can be the 2nd read on plays
-Stop running 5'6" or 5'8" guys down the field.

Maybe I missed it, but did you mention more tempo/? Maybe I am crazy here, but Mitch in the 2 minute drill seems more comfortable. Maybe this is a product of soft defense, but allowing him to play with more tempo seems to help.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I posted this in another thread

The Bears need to make some moves, but not with Trubisky..YET!

1...Get a power running back. A Jerome Bettis kind.. Montgomery just aint cutting it IMHO.. And that will take pressure off Trubisky
2...Get a bonafied punt return man..Cohen is consistently putting the Bears in a hole by fair catching balls inside the 10 and even the 5
3...Replace Fuller at CB..He plays too far off the ball
4...Find someone else to call the plays

If they do those 4 things, the team will improve dramatically...

And if after all that Trubisky is still in a funk, then dump his ass

Your 1 through 3 is ridiculous. Sorry.

Our RB is fine. Blocking and scheme is what is limiting the run game. I don't care if we had Jerome Bettis in his prime, he's not improving this run game. I'd rather us add talent to the line than waste more money on backs that likely won't even be used (see Mike Davis).

Punt returner? lol Yes, our offense is abysmal due to our punt returns. This is one of the least of our worries.

As for Fuller, he's had a few bad games but overall is solid. I doubt he is freelancing against the wishes of the DC by playing off the line as deep as he does.

The playcalling could definitely use some adjustments and I think we will see some of that in the upcoming games.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Mitch's pocket presence is so terrible, I'm just not optimistic he can turn it around. There's plays when he could step up to avoid the rush and he does that hesitation thing, then tries to bounce it outside around the rushers coming directly at him, then gets sacked. It's maddening.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your 1 through 3 is ridiculous. Sorry.

Our RB is fine. Blocking and scheme is what is limiting the run game. I don't care if we had Jerome Bettis in his prime, he's not improving this run game. I'd rather us add talent to the line than waste more money on backs that likely won't even be used (see Mike Davis).

Punt returner? lol Yes, our offense is abysmal due to our punt returns. This is one of the least of our worries.

As for Fuller, he's had a few bad games but overall is solid. I doubt he is freelancing against the wishes of the DC by playing off the line as deep as he does.

The playcalling could definitely use some adjustments and I think we will see some of that in the upcoming games.
I've been accused of worse...lol

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Moving pocket, roll outs, play action.. need these things due to the shitty OL. Get good at the screen game and more commitment to the run game.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lets suspend for a second that he is a total bust.

What do the Bears need to do scheme wise and personnel wise to get the most out of Mitch in 2020, because we know he will be on the team. Even if the Bears sign a veteran QB, they are going to have limitations that need to be supported?

Convert him to Move TE/HB

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe I missed it, but did you mention more tempo/? Maybe I am crazy here, but Mitch in the 2 minute drill seems more comfortable. Maybe this is a product of soft defense, but allowing him to play with more tempo seems to help.

Yeah lol let's speed up the game that's already too fast for him LMFAOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOoooOOoOOOoOooOoOoo!!!!!!!! :unsure::unsure::unsure:??:obama::sweep::sweep::sweep:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This just in....a majority of the teams in the playoffs run the ball a lot.
A majority of the Bears problems this year could be alleviated if they did that

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch's pocket presence is so terrible, I'm just not optimistic he can turn it around. There's plays when he could step up to avoid the rush and he does that hesitation thing, then tries to bounce it outside around the rushers coming directly at him, then gets sacked. It's maddening.

Which is weird because last year it was great. He punished blitz heavy teams with his legs.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Which is weird because last year it was great. He punished blitz heavy teams with his legs.

Mitch was never very good to begin with but teams figured out that he could beat you with his legs. Now they keep him in the pocket and force Mitch to beat him with his arm which he has shown incapable of doing.

A QB who cant pass the ball is impossible to scheme with on offense and is too easy to scheme against on defense.

Mitch plays one decent game versus a horrible defense and people start looking for rays of hope long term. Just accept him for the bust that he is and move on.

I wish Pace would sign Kap to a two year deal after his workout. Sadly this wont happen.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Obviously a decent running game would be a huge asset to any QB. The jury is still out on Montgomery. and his toughness may not make up for his noticeable lack of speed.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Shocker to see y
Yeah lol let's speed up the game that's already too fast for him LMFAOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOoooOOoOOOoOooOoOoo!!!!!!!! :unsure::unsure::unsure:??:obama::sweep::sweep::sweep:
Shocked to see you here HEHATEME. Are you following me to the bathroom too? Well on the plus side you didn't call me a racist so that's good. Congrats HEHATEME!

Have you watched a Bears game in the last 2 years? I mean with 30K+ posts how do you find the time?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shocker to see y

Shocked to see you here HEHATEME. Are you following me to the bathroom too? Well on the plus side you didn't call me a racist so that's good. Congrats HEHATEME!

Have you watched a Bears game in the last 2 years? I mean with 30K+ posts how do you find the time?

Seems like a hater post. Remind me about this tomorrow and I will give answers to your questions during normal business hours.

Thanks.

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
It'll never happen, but two words: Mike Evans.

Big receivers would give him a bigger margin. As much as Mitch has struggled with accuracy, it doesn't help that Gabriel and Miller are midgets. And they're midgets without elite speed. If they were Tyreek Hill, Mitch could just chuck the ball out there as far as he could and it would most likely be a completion. His overthrows would suddenly look like genius.

Trade the next two firsts for Evans, then stock up on blocking TEs/FBs and run the damn I formation. Plan to be a run heavy team and play action/bootleg to Evans/Robinson off that.