What do we need to do to get the most out of Mitch?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Lets suspend for a second that he is a total bust.

What do the Bears need to do scheme wise and personnel wise to get the most out of Mitch in 2020, because we know he will be on the team. Even if the Bears sign a veteran QB, they are going to have limitations that need to be supported?
a few taller TE/WR, new QB coach. Maybe Kitna,
Run the ball with a FB, few deep balls. Control the clock.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A clean pocket and running lanes for Montgomery.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shocker to see y

Shocked to see you here HEHATEME. Are you following me to the bathroom too? Well on the plus side you didn't call me a racist so that's good. Congrats HEHATEME!

Have you watched a Bears game in the last 2 years? I mean with 30K+ posts how do you find the time?
Hi, @HeHateMe only responds to haters between the hours of 9AM - 5PM. I'm sure he will respond to you as time allows.

Yours in Christ

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Take the kitten mittens off and allow him to do his thing. He's not a stand in the pocket passer

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you could upgrade the talent around him which would be the top 3 spots

1. TE, we get nothing from them in run and pass
2. OT, they are not bad, but a long way from dominant which is what we need to work towards
3. OG, we need some ass kickers inside.
TE, no doubt. the guys on the oline either has already got paid or hasn't, but needs to play like they mean it. So, TE for sure.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Everybody posted great ideas! So I’ll say...

The most the Bears can get out of him is a trade for a 7th rd pick.

Beartex

Liked Posts:
Get rid of the offensive line coach. Use first two picks on offensive line. Find a tight end

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
I'll have to go with what others have said. Limit Trubisky's throws. Run more...etc.

But Nagy isn't going to do that stuff. He's not going to focus on running and take shots passing when we can. We have a QB who cannot execute the new coach's scheme, and the coach isn't going to change it because "be you."
pretty much. nagy would love mahomes or watson.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is weird because last year it was great. He punished blitz heavy teams with his legs.

Remember this play from week 17...

It’s 3rd down and 7, and the Vikings line 7 defenders up directly on the LOS. The Bears only have 6 potential blockers...

rVpCZuO.jpg

581nvM1.jpg

Trubisky decides to change the original play call, motioning the kill signal with his hands across his chest to his recievers...

o5RUaNM.jpg

PC60qk.gif

Trubisky makes Wims the hot read. If the blitz comes at Trubisky, Wims has to read it and shorten his route accordingly so that Trubisky has a viable option to get rid of the ball quickly. Wims identifies the blitz and turns his head toward the QB 6 yards into his route...

65h2pL.gif

GrxGdh.gif

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum...-trubisky’s-progress-into-the-playoffs.70508/

Where is this dude?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Remember this play from week 17...

Where is this dude?
He's had a few highlight plays this year. Just this week he looked off a LB to fit one in, not sure if he's ever done that before.

His brain was scrambled in a combination of offseason hype, not playing at all in preseason, dealing with Nagy's absolute horrendous play calling in the opener. He sees ghosts in the secondary. No faith in OL, WR's or playcaller.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's had a few highlight plays this year. Just this week he looked off a LB to fit one in, not sure if he's ever done that before.

His brain was scrambled in a combination of offseason hype, not playing at all in preseason, dealing with Nagy's absolute horrendous play calling in the opener. He sees ghosts in the secondary. No faith in OL, WR's or playcaller.

Same game, this is probably a sack in 2019...

G-tO7f.gif

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
A normal west coast offense without all the dumb extra motion and gimmicks.

More roll outs

O lineman actually selling the play action

No more jet sweeps setting us back on 1st and 2nd down

exactly!!!! No more cute dumb shit that doesn’t fool anyone. It’s so aggravating watching Nagy abandon the run, not set up Biscuithead for success, and then rolling out some optimistic word widget to make us feel better about a loss or bare win in a press box.

they need to be able to run effectively with power. They need to cut bait with the worthless TE Corp they have. They need a hulking FB that is going to wreck shit like the niners have.

they need to play Bearball. This offense is so bad it makes Fox look smart. Seriously.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bring back the Honey Bears, I think Mitch could be a fine cheerleader.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Adi, I do not know where he went.

Things have been shitty around him, but something happened where he got mentally fried.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
imo his confidence was probably already shaken in training camp...rather than reinforce class 101 plays, nagy likely moved on to class 202 and talk was trubisky looked bad at camp but it was because the defense was so good...fast forward to trubisky not getting any reps in preseason to build some confidence and then face the packers at home for their 100th season and play downright terrible, his confidence fell off the cliff at that point.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Same game, this is probably a sack in 2019...

G-tO7f.gif

In 2019 Mitch tries to pirouette out the back of the pocket instead of stepping up and out. I'm sure the musical chairs played on the Interior OL hasn't helped his faith in there being an escape route up the middle, but some of it seems to be "deer in headlights" panic at this point.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree 25 seems like a good number to average.

If they do want to make a last stand with Mitch I think we have to have

1. A legit TE
2. 2 Personnel Upgrades on the OL, pick 2 of LT, RG, RT
3. Less midget line ups, which I think we have the WRs to do.

This. TE/s for sure. Ours are SO BAD.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch isn't getting the most out of Mitch. Like Adi posted, nothing is stopping him from using his feet.

This team could use a lot of things on offense that would improve the play of Mitch. But like i always say, get a QB who makes the players around him better, instead of trying to find 10 guys to make the QB better.

With so much of this being mental, the best way to handle Mitch is to have the ball out of his hands as much as possible until it's time to say goodbye. You have to hide him.