What do you think about Greg Roman (Ravens OC)?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
What was there to like from either team on Sunday. It was ugly af. Bears games look like a different sport from the rest of the league.

Greg Roman does not interest me.
He knows what a tight end can do. Like it or not, Pace put this roster together and there isn’t anyone that going to flip it in a year.

Kermit can be a contributor. Imperative that whoever gets this job knows how to Frankenstein an offense together with what pieces are scattered all over.

That’s what I saw from Roman Sunday.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
dont want him, he looks like jabba the hut when he speaks.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man, and i thought R&S Greg Roman takes were lazy. The number of people who don't want him because his offense without his best players put up 16 points vs the Bears is hilarious. Then you also dont want Brian Daboll whos offense just scored 15 points and then only 6 points two weeks prior vs one of the bottom 3 teams in the league.

The Chiefs with a perennial MVP candidate and future HOF QB put up 3, 20, and 13 points during a 3 week stretch.

The Cowboys have scored 20 points or under 4 times. Yesterday they scored 9 points.

The Bucs have scored 19 points twice. Havent had the complete stinkers like the rest. So is Byron the only good candidate since these small sample sizes disqualify candidates?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Give me Roman and Fangio back as DC once fired. I’ll take my chances with that combo all day.
naw, we dont want jabba the hut on our tv's every sunday.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
i know every hates the dude, but we should probably go fucking get McDaniels.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You want abs? Go rewatch Spartacus.
lol. You know we all watch football right?/
AIHu5.gif

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes and fat coaches can be good.
Andy Reid Quotes. QuotesGram
94 WIP's "Andy Reid Appreciation Day" is a Classic Radio Bit - Crossing  Broad
Yeah he looks good for a big guy but andy's jaw line doesnt looks like it gains another 5 pounds of fat every time he speaks..?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah he looks good for a big guy but andy's jaw line doesnt looks like it gains another 5 pounds of fat every time he speaks..?

He's a specimen compared to Reid
1637623371323.png

1637623502400.png

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He knows what a tight end can do. Like it or not, Pace put this roster together and there isn’t anyone that going to flip it in a year.

Kermit can be a contributor. Imperative that whoever gets this job knows how to Frankenstein an offense together with what pieces are scattered all over.

That’s what I saw from Roman Sunday.

They put up 16 points. Greg Roman doesn’t do much for me. Bears should aim for a homerun hire.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Man, and i thought R&S Greg Roman takes were lazy. The number of people who don't want him because his offense without his best players put up 16 points vs the Bears is hilarious. Then you also dont want Brian Daboll whos offense just scored 15 points and then only 6 points two weeks prior vs one of the bottom 3 teams in the league.

The Chiefs with a perennial MVP candidate and future HOF QB put up 3, 20, and 13 points during a 3 week stretch.

The Cowboys have scored 20 points or under 4 times. Yesterday they scored 9 points.

The Bucs have scored 19 points twice. Havent had the complete stinkers like the rest. So is Byron the only good candidate since these small sample sizes disqualify candidates?
People are saying Roman is too one dimensional with the run game.

Daboll is also one dimensional. When Allen can't throw, that team puts up stinkers. Their running game is atrocious. Everyone thinks the Bills are great, but they are slowly fading at only 6-4 right now. They'll turn it around and make the playoffs, but still not a good look. Then you have to take into account Dabolls failure at OC too. He had 3 one year stints with the Browns, Miami and KC 2009-2012.

I echo @sevvy. Bears need an alpha. Idc what side of the ball he comes from. Bring on a guy with a vision and who has the wherewithal to build a strong coaching staff and yes, young up and coming coordinators that will likely get picked off over the years. It happens to all good teams and coaches, yet they somehow find other good coordinators because they want to work for a winning team to position themselves for better opportunities.

Based on the list of names I've seen floated out there so far, I'm really not thrilled with any of them. I'd be ok with Roman or Daboll yet highly skeptical still. Whoever it is, I hope it isn't Pace making the call.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the people who don't want Greg Roman but give Daboll as a choice...have yall seen Daboll's history? Hell, some of the Bills fans also want Daboll gone. Roman has put up better numbers as an offense with different types of QBs and Daboll has only done it with Josh Allen for 1 year

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Based on the list of names I've seen floated out there so far, I'm really not thrilled with any of them. I'd be ok with Roman or Daboll yet highly skeptical still. Whoever it is, I hope it isn't Pace making the call.
I almost feel like it's inevitable that we're stuck with Pace. Maybe not, though. I dunno.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People are saying Roman is too one dimensional with the run game.

Daboll is also one dimensional. When Allen can't throw, that team puts up stinkers. Their running game is atrocious. Everyone thinks the Bills are great, but they are slowly fading at only 6-4 right now. They'll turn it around and make the playoffs, but still not a good look. Then you have to take into account Dabolls failure at OC too. He had 3 one year stints with the Browns, Miami and KC 2009-2012.

I echo @sevvy. Bears need an alpha. Idc what side of the ball he comes from. Bring on a guy with a vision and who has the wherewithal to build a strong coaching staff and yes, young up and coming coordinators that will likely get picked off over the years. It happens to all good teams and coaches, yet they somehow find other good coordinators because they want to work for a winning team to position themselves for better opportunities.

There is no perfect candidate. The last HC candidate i can remember who i knew for a fact would be a great hire was Andy Reid post-Eagles. Everyone else is a risk. The reason why i like Roman is because he's not a one team wonder like Daboll and you cant question if he's a product of the talent around him like Moore or just a guy riding coattails like Leftwich. Idk why Roman hasn't gotten his shot yet but i think it speaks volumes that he worked under Jim Harbaugh and even though his critics like to blame Roman for the last year of Kaep, John Harbaugh still hired him and they've been productive together ever since. I don't think a John is hiring a guy if his brother thought he was shit.

All i know is is that Greg Roman offenses score points. So tired of seeing people bitch about no points ever being scored and saying no to a guy who's offense makes it happen. Guys are open constantly on the Ravens. They're a top 12 passing offense but i keep hearing how bad Romans passing offense is. Huh?

I've been on it since 2019 and i'm not stopping with an extra two years of success under his belt. Roman 2022. BBQ. Beer. Freedom.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
the people who don't want Greg Roman but give Daboll as a choice...have yall seen Daboll's history? Hell, some of the Bills fans also want Daboll gone. Roman has put up better numbers as an offense with different types of QBs and Daboll has only done it with Josh Allen for 1 year
Some of these people are just going by the trendy name they're familiar with or solely based on Josh Allen being a unicorn.