what do you think?https://youtu.be/PEak60Xo5DY WHAT YA THINK

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The ONLY way this team is worse is if Fields sucks. And horribly.
Not accurate at all. He could get injured, the oline could end up an absolute disaster, the coaching (that is all completely new to their jobs) could be terrible and unprepared, the defense that is relying a lot on young guys could have a big learning curve. But you are too big of a Homer to acknowledge any of this because all you can comprehend is what we all understand, Nagy was terrible

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not accurate at all. He could get injured, the oline could end up an absolute disaster, the coaching (that is all completely new to their jobs) could be terrible and unprepared, the defense that is relying a lot on young guys could have a big learning curve. But you are too big of a Homer to acknowledge any of this because all you can comprehend is what we all understand, Nagy was terrible
The OL was bad last year. The defense was bad last year. The coaching was one of the worst ever last year.

This year, the schedule is much easier too. Yes, I suppose there would be an exception for if Fields gets hurt early. But the rest stands true. You don’t need to be a homer to see things are already better, and a potential to be MUCH better, depending on how things go.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
This guy is as dumb and as bad at arguing a point as shitstain and I barely got a minute into this and I hate this clown already. Barely made it halfway through before I had to stop and accept this dude's trying to be an entertainer.

"A lot of people are saying this is the same roster with no additions playing the exact same way as last season with just a coaching change."

Literally, nobody said that or is saying that. The minimal additions part? To SOME degree, which I'll specify with the lack of big-name FAs. The same roster? Going into camp where they're now at 91 total bodies under contract per Spotrac. And when you comb through said 91 bodies, there are only 30 names from last year's roster.

"There was so much turmoil last season you can't not expect the bears to move in the right direction."

Well if this isn't a word salad of shit that means absolutely nothing.

"There's no system change even if there's a change at QB."

Again, a word salad of bullshit that means nothing, and he even props up nonexistent people saying the bears ran 3 different offenses with 3 QBs under Nagy, but that won't happen with Getsy.

"The offensive line is going to play to the strengths and run the football."

Cool, so one of the worst OL's in the league last year that got minimally better at C, still doesn't have a RG, has a bum ass LG you can't get rid of because the prior GM is a moron and kicked his guaranteed $$ down the road from previous years. You have 2 young tackles you like the potential because of their age, but neither really inspired anything last year, partial years for both withstanding.

Can't wait for Getsy to join the long line of progenies like John Shoop, Terry Shea, and Ron Turner wth run, run, 2 yard swing pass to FB, punt. That's offense, baby.

"There's real talent on the defensive side of the field."

And still have a dogshit OL.

Oh, then he points to an easy schedule. Tell me everybody bears fans look at as W's aren't doing the same thing when they see Chicago as an opponent that week.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The OL was bad last year. The defense was bad last year. The coaching was one of the worst ever last year.

This year, the schedule is much easier too. Yes, I suppose there would be an exception for if Fields gets hurt early. But the rest stands true. You don’t need to be a homer to see things are already better, and a potential to be MUCH better, depending on how things go.
The OLs biggest issue last year was coaching putting them in a bad spot. I think we'd love to believe this coaching staff will be much better but they have no track record to say they will, so until games are actually played they are an unknown. Defense was bad and could still be, especially if Quinn gets moved at some point leaving them with no pass rush

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

You’re that guy who thinks a girl loves you because she smiled at you and it’s her job. Ie waitress?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The DL has a lot of ?s as do the lb. This team is far from a sure thing getting better. Offensive improvement does nit necessarily translate to wins.

Edit: and secondary although that cannot get much worse than 2021

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

The truth is we don’t know if things are better or not. However we do know the bums Nagy and Pace are gone and we have something to look forward to with this new coaching staff and GM. Only time will tell. And it’s going to take more than 1 season to find out if we are a better organization.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I do think the Bears are underrated for one reason only: Justin Fields.

He points out that the offensive line was good at run blocking, a true statement. I think the Bears intend to rely heavily on that aspect. On top of that, they have a QB that can run a lot as well. It would not shock me if the Bears had close to 2300-2500 total yards rushing.

On top of that, they have a lot of speed at the receiver position. I expect they'll use play action a lot and use Justin's beautiful deep ball to hit a lot of big plays.

Defensively, they are actually not the same unit whatsoever. There are like 5 guys starting that started last year. Even the backups are different.

With that said, they should still be solid enough and they should improve as the year goes on into a good unit.

Finally, special teams is solid and their schedule is MUCH easier. I could see them pulling out 17 wins on to their way to win the Superbowl (or realistically, 9-10 on their way to a first round playoff exit)

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The DL has a lot of ?s as do the lb. This team is far from a sure thing getting better. Offensive improvement does nit necessarily translate to wins.

Edit: and secondary although that cannot get much worse than 2021
I’m really looking forward to seeing what the secondary could do. I think they have the opportunity to ball out and in a few years be a top unit.