What does Bears coach Matt Nagy have in store for TE Adam Shaheen ?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports...-matt-nagy-have-in-store-for-te-adam-shaheen/

" When the Bears laid out their offseason training plan for Shaheen, their goal wasn’t to increase his power or strength – “I was pretty damn physical last year,” he said – but to make him more fluid, mobile and flexible.

Part of the team’s focus was to eliminate what Shaheen described as “nagging injuries that I had over the season” by improving his core strength. But the Bears also wanted him improve as a route-runner.

“[It’s] just to be able to move and run better than I did last year,” Shaheen said. “Just to be able to run, cut, get lower, everything in blocking, better leverage. Just core stability is huge. I think it’s helped a lot.”

I found this very encouraging, His core strength and balance i thought was what he needed to work on my physically this off season. He often looked top heavy running around. I'm excited to see his improvements this year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think he will have a nice year. I have faith in this coaching staff.

They apparently have been getting him open in space and then letting him run through the secondary like a semi trailer. Revolutionary idea [fuck Dowell] that DBs would be afraid of a 6'7" 280lbs. man running at a full head of steam.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
For me outside of Trubs, Shaheen is the player I'll be watching most. He is a matchup nightmare.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he can actually run now and not trip on every play

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
For me outside of Trubs, Shaheen is the player I'll be watching most. He is a matchup nightmare.

He is, but he needs to force his will on the little DBs. Last season was pretty disappointing watching him at times. He needs to destroy them DBs. I know the OP is about him becoming more fluid and stuff rather than stronger, but I wish he would just go and manhandle ppl like Gronk does.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Cohen is they guy I'll be watching most, but Shaheen could absolutely dominate some games.

Outside of Mitch its Shaheen for me

Cohen is the most exciting player on this team but more or less we are already expecting a huge roll and will line up everywhere. With Shaheen there is still some unknown and he has a lot of potential but needs to fine tune his body (which it sounds like he is doing).

Shaheen body and speed wise reminds me of Mercedes Lewis somewhat

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He is, but he needs to force his will on the little DBs. Last season was pretty disappointing watching him at times. He needs to destroy them DBs. I know the OP is about him becoming more fluid and stuff rather than stronger, but I wish he would just go and manhandle ppl like Gronk does.

I dont know why he didint during the season but he was doing this during camp last year. Freeman made comments about that exactly last TC

kerschbs

Liked Posts:
I feel like we should be very good in the red zone. Shaheen, Burton, Robinson, Miller, Cohen is an absolute mess to try and guard in short spaces.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I feel like we should be very good in the red zone. Shaheen, Burton, Robinson, Miller, Cohen is an absolute mess to try and guard in short spaces.

we were good last year, the problem was getting there.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
When Sheehan fucks up, Nagy will make him his butler

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Honest question, was that because of running or passing? What's the break down?

our offense was predictable, we ran into loaded boxes and ran on 1st down almost every time making us predictable, that and having shit starting WRs who struggled separating it was hard to get down into the red zone.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I think he will have a nice year. I have faith in this coaching staff.

They apparently have been getting him open in space and then letting him run through the secondary like a semi trailer. Revolutionary idea [fuck Dowell] that DBs would be afraid of a 6'7" 280lbs. man running at a full head of steam.

We saw it a little bit, but not nearly enough last season. I love how blatantly #23 just ducked out of the way here...

giphy.gif

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
That was one of my favorite plays all year, and sadly our idiot coaching staff never went back to it. One of the biggest knocks of the last staff for me was their continued use of Dion Simms even after he continued to struggle in both the running and passing game. Basically wasted over half a year of development for Shaheen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk