What does Mitch do at an above average level?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His short ball accuracy is still there, mostly. The issue is the deep ball/intermediate never improved. Which was a weakness, and thats the biggest ?? he still has. Not reading defenses, imo, because if he was incapable of reading them then he'd be throwing MUCH more interceptions.

His biggest strength that became a weakness from college is eyeing the safety and knowing where he wants to go with the ball before the snap. I feel like too many teams exploit that on mitch this year. EVERY QB does it, brady is excellent at it(eliminating half the field based on the coverage look you get, get the ball out fast). Mitch has just been either reading/guessing wrong, or just making a poor throw. I watched a lot of him in college and that never was really an issue. Guess the NFL figured him out.

Thats why I never had an issue when people say he stares down his #1 option(Arob). Every QB does that shit, if you think you have an excellent matchup at the snap you're going to give your guy every opportunity for it. Mitch just takes it to a new level at times, which is unfortunate. The last couple of games he's been much better at it. Hopefully it continues.

Disagree. His ball placement has been atrocious. You watch UNC tape and he would hit Switzer on short routes in stride. Too often in NFL he would be off and the WR would have to adjust. This past game was the first one in a while where he hit Miller and Cohen in stride on the short stuff which allowed them to get alot of YAC like that Miller TD.

As for process the whole field, he has been slow on his progressions causing him to miss windows. He just has been checking it down, or throwing it away rather than throwing picks.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice movie reference to
Only someone with a low IQ would say this. You're essentially saying around 50% of voters in this country have a lower IQ than you, @Urblock and Trump. There would be no tech industry in the US if that were the case. Actually, we would probably be watering our crops with Gatorade.
Nice movie reference to idiocracy

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else find that strange/cringy? He told Nagy that he loved him more than I probably do my girlfriend. It was just...excessive? IDK it's just strange to state a platonic love for another person multiple times within a few hour span.

Lol...when was this?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Anyone else find that strange/cringy? He told Nagy that he loved him more than I probably do my girlfriend. It was just...excessive? IDK it's just strange to state a platonic love for another person multiple times within a few hour span.
You sure it’s Platonic then?

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Is it just me or did it feel like anytime a cutler ball was intercepted it was going for 6 the other way? Well, Mitchell Trubisky is the only active quarterback with over 750 pass attempts to have not thrown a pick six. Stolen from reddit which was stolen from pfr:

start drafting up that extension, pace
I was actually thinking about this last night after Goff threw his first pick 6 in a while. I couldn't think of a time Mitch had thrown one.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Literally, you didn't need to make this thread. Just read mitch's draft profile, he's pretty much still the same guy:

STRENGTHS
Adequate height with good muscular definition. Built to withstand physical challenges of the position. Calm field general. Very good pocket mobility. Can slide around circumference of the pocket without having to drop his eyes from their task. When he leaves the pocket, looks to challenge with his arm before defaulting to his feet. Always in ready-to-rip throwing posture. Delivery is crisp and efficient. Locates safeties and reads their intentions immediately after the snap. Quick through his progressions and will double back to targets if his protection allows him time. Pocket mechanics and throwing motion are solid. Tough and competitive. Shows courage and poise in the pocket. Throws passes from balanced platforms and rarely defaults to an off-balance throw unnecessarily. Has all the arm you need. NFL call sheets will be wide open with Trubisky at the helm. Can dial up deep field-side outs with accuracy. Ball comes humming out of his hand when he needs to spike his velocity. Arm talent to whip a catchable throw from difficult angles to targets outside the numbers. Makes the standard "pitch and catch" throws with consistent accuracy. Ball usually comes out on time. His 62.1 completion percentage on intermediate throws easily outpaces the top quarterbacks in this draft. Possesses get-away quickness to avoid sudden pressure from a-gap blitzers with the speed to damage the defensive cause once he leaves the pocket.

WEAKNESSES
Almost 98 percent of his dropbacks came from shotgun. Will have to learn NFL footwork from under center which could take time. Benefits from offense loaded with RPOs (run-pass option) that pull linebackers forward and open easier throwing windows. Played in space-based passing attack that didn't often ask him to throw to tight windows in traffic. Arm slot will drop way down causing batted balls at line of scrimmage. Too willing to float balls rather than air-mailing them out of bounds when he's making a bail-out throw against pressure. Needs better drive accuracy between the hashes. Has a tendency to leave throws in hip pocket of moving targets. Inconsistent deep ball touch. Has touchdown opportunities he babies and invites defenders time to recover. Not always pocket aware. Hyper-focuses on shifting parts down the field and can be late to feel pressure collapsing the edges.

This part is dead on. The rest seems to have been corrected. Which means he's making big strides.

I'd say he's improved on the bold part as well and is set with the confidence now to really excel in the system he's in.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
No his main strength coming out was his accuracy and ability to hit guys in stride. It has been the opposite in the NFL as he rarely hits guys in stride. He was also noted to be poised, decisive and able to process the whole field which again are things he has struggled with at times in the NFL.

Bud its the NFL. The d lineman run as fast as the fastest guys at their position in all of college. Every db is 4.5 or better. Every safety is an all American or better. Every linebacker is 4.6 230lbs and dialed in.

Every QB has to adjust. Brady is having his worst year ever. Rogers isnt putting up big numbers either.
Ryan sucks. Rivers sucks. Ben injured. Watson Mahommes and Jackson are beating teams with their legs. Wilson is extending plays too and winning that way.

Mitch and Nagy deserve time. I'd love to win now too. But if it takes this year to learn that Mitch needs a mix of RPO, shotgun, power run, screens, and a set of new TEs for help so be it.

Why give up on him on his rookie contract knowing alot of adjustments are needed.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I would say more then 90% and you already do water your crops with Gatorade. 1 more time just for you. I DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP. I do think he has done better then what I expected him to do.

the rest is stimulating discussion, and there's probably little else I can contribute that hasn't already been said quite eloquently already. but what in the actual fuck has Trump "done better" or done for you or me?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His strength and weakness is doing exactly whatever his coaches tell him.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bud its the NFL. The d lineman run as fast as the fastest guys at their position in all of college. Every db is 4.5 or better. Every safety is an all American or better. Every linebacker is 4.6 230lbs and dialed in.

Every QB has to adjust. Brady is having his worst year ever. Rogers isnt putting up big numbers either.
Ryan sucks. Rivers sucks. Ben injured. Watson Mahommes and Jackson are beating teams with their legs. Wilson is extending plays too and winning that way.

Mitch and Nagy deserve time. I'd love to win now too. But if it takes this year to learn that Mitch needs a mix of RPO, shotgun, power run, screens, and a set of new TEs for help so be it.

Why give up on him on his rookie contract knowing alot of adjustments are needed.

Yeah that bolded part about babying tds stood out to me and I’d say it’s not just touchdown opportunities where that happens. But he’s been more decisive and reacting lately

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am not sure why this post is addressed to me because it has nothing to do with what I said. I am not advocating getting rid of or giving up on Trubs. I am simply pointing out his strengths in college have been weaknesses in the NFL. Not every criticism of Trubs is aimed at advocating his release.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I am not sure why this post is addressed to me because it has nothing to do with what I said. I am not advocating getting rid of or giving up on Trubs. I am simply pointing out his strengths in college have been weaknesses in the NFL. Not every criticism of Trubs is aimed at advocating his release.

I wasn't saying you said that either. I'm saying the things he was weak at in college are things that get even harder to correct at the NFL level. The things he benefitted from no longer exist in the NFL. (again im not lecturing more agreeing) His strength was hitting guys in stride but he constantly saw WRs with a step or two on DBs and LBs because of the shotgun and RPO style offense they ran in college. Undisciplined lower level talent biting really hard plays that are see through from a defensive stand point in the NFL.

The hardest thing to do in the NFL is catch a WR in stride with good separation on a corner. Everything has to go right from the blocking, the WRs route and get off, and the QB seeing it perfectly and throwing it perfectly. It happens alot more in college than in the pros because their is more margin for error on the offensive side as defense is way harder to play in college. College teams see this 3 - 4 times a game against some teams. If you're lucky to see this once in the NFL it ends up as a highlight reel for the WR for being able to pull away. The QB is somehow expected to make it look easy.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Plays QB... there are only 32 that start at that level.

That puts him in the .0000001 percentile