What does Mitch do at an above average level?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wasn't saying you said that either. I'm saying the things he was weak at in college are things that get even harder to correct at the NFL level. The things he benefitted from no longer exist in the NFL. (again im not lecturing more agreeing) His strength was hitting guys in stride but he constantly saw WRs with a step or two on DBs and LBs because of the shotgun and RPO style offense they ran in college. Undisciplined lower level talent biting really hard plays that are see through from a defensive stand point in the NFL.

The hardest thing to do in the NFL is catch a WR in stride with good separation on a corner. Everything has to go right from the blocking, the WRs route and get off, and the QB seeing it perfectly and throwing it perfectly. It happens alot more in college than in the pros because their is more margin for error on the offensive side as defense is way harder to play in college. College teams see this 3 - 4 times a game against some teams. If you're lucky to see this once in the NFL it ends up as a highlight reel for the WR for being able to pull away. The QB is somehow expected to make it look easy.

I am not really talking about hitting guys in stride on the deep or intermediate stuff. He was struggling hitting guys in stride on the short stuff. Like I said, watch this last game. Look at the Miller TD, earlier in the season he was routinely missing on that pass so the WR would have to adjust. Against Dallas, he hit Miller in stride so Miller had a full head of steam. Same thing with the Cohen passes, he would often throw too close to sidelines and essentially take Cohen out of bonds. Against Dallas, he was leading Cohen up the field on those passes which meant when he caught it he was move vertically already and not horizontal.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I am not really talking about hitting guys in stride on the deep or intermediate stuff. He was struggling hitting guys in stride on the short stuff. Like I said, watch this last game. Look at the Miller TD, earlier in the season he was routinely missing on that pass so the WR would have to adjust. Against Dallas, he hit Miller in stride so Miller had a full head of steam. Same thing with the Cohen passes, he would often throw too close to sidelines and essentially take Cohen out of bonds. Against Dallas, he was leading Cohen up the field on those passes which meant when he caught it he was move vertically already and not horizontal.

The last few weeks he just seems more comfortable as opposed to looking like he was afraid to make a mistake. Maybe the game is slowing down for him... whatever it is I hope we are seeing the future Mitch. Green Bay will be a better test.
Dallas hasn’t impressed me and made a lot of mistakes.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Bro you don't watch the games so how did you make that assumption just from the box score?

msadows

Liked Posts:
The last few weeks he just seems more comfortable as opposed to looking like he was afraid to make a mistake. Maybe the game is slowing down for him... whatever it is I hope we Arden seeing the future Mitch. Green Bay will be a better test.
Dallas hasn’t impressed me and made a lot of mistakes.

They were still statistically a much better defense than GB.

Which is all Remy cares about.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bro you don't watch the games so how did you make that assumption just from the box score?

You are starting to get emo over message board disagreements. It is not becoming.

Monster

Liked Posts:
They were still statistically a much better defense than GB.

Which is all Remy cares about.

Maybe... but I expect GB to score more with a week to prep for the Bears LB situation. We will miss Smith...

That said... The O and Mitch May have to score often and sustain drives.

Edit: I know the above was brought to you by Capt Obvious... lol
Pretty much the goal of every offense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You are starting to get emo over message board disagreements. It is not becoming.

Emo? I'm pointing out facts. It's seriously what you said yesterday.

Ever since then I didn't bother reading any of your page long walls of text.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Emo? I'm pointing out facts. It's seriously what you said yesterday.

Ever since then I didn't bother reading any of your page long walls of text.

No I actually have never said I don't watch the games. You keep claiming I don't simply because I don't accept your subjective opinion as fact. You tend to make up shit when you start getting emo. Aren't you the same guy that had a hard-on for Bearmick because he disagreed with you over Trubs. The internet is not that serious bro.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No I actually have never said I don't watch the games. You keep claiming I don't simply because I don't accept your subjective opinion as fact. You tend to make up shit when you start getting emo. Aren't you the same guy that had a hard-on for Bearmick because he disagreed with you over Trubs. The internet is not that serious bro.

Yea, and you make no subjective opinions. You just look at stats and build your entire opinion on a player based off that.

Sometimes in sports, you need to watch the games, Remy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yea, and you make no subjective opinions. You just look at stats and build your entire opinion on a player based off that.

Sometimes in sports, you need to watch the games, Remy.

No you are confused. I said I don't care to argue my subjective opinion vs yours mainly because you have an over inflated sense of your own importance. Your opinion is just that an opinion. You can offer no proof of anything beyond because you said so.

I don't need to debate your subjective opinion vs mine because the stats support my subjective opinion. You can't accept that the stats support my opinion so you ramble on talking about watching the games as if by simple virtue of you watching a game while you drink beer and stuff you face with polish sausages, it renders your opinion superior to all others and the objective stats.

In short, you are like a caricature of that Holiday Inn commercials. You presume to be right about everything not because the facts or data supports you or because you are an expert but because you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night (ie you watched the games) as if you are the only Bears fan that has ever watched a game and formed an opinion from doing so.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No you are confused. I said I don't care to argue my subjective opinion vs yours mainly because you have an over inflated sense of your own importance. Your opinion is just that an opinion. You can offer no proof of anything beyond because you said so.

I don't need to debate your subjective opinion vs mine because the stats support my subjective opinion. You can't accept that the stats support my opinion so you ramble on talking about watching the games as if by simple virtue of you watching a game while you drink beer and stuff you face with polish sausages, it renders your opinion superior to all others and the objective stats.

In short, you are like a caricature of that Holiday Inn commercials. You presume to be right about everything not because the facts or data supports you or because you are an expert but because you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night (ie you watched the games) as if you are the only Bears fan that has ever watched a game and formed an opinion from doing so.

Damn thats a lot of text to just say "All I care about is stats not peoples opinions of a player"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Damn thats a lot of text to just say "All I care about is stats not peoples opinions of a player"

Oh I care about a lot of people's opinions of a player. Just not yours because you have no basis for your opinions beyond the fact you watched the game. Yeah so did millions of other people. Doesn't make what they have to say correct.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Oh I care about a lot of people's opinions of a player. Just not yours because you have no basis for your opinions beyond the fact you watched the game. Yeah so did millions of other people. Doesn't make what they have to say correct.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Tell me more how Cam Meredith is amazing when everyone told he's a #3 WR.....because we actually watch the games.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tell me more how Cam Meredith is amazing when everyone told he's a #3 WR.....because we actually watch the games.

Here you go making up stuff. I don't recall ever claiming Cam was amazing. I recall saying that at 2.9 million he was worth the risk. But you keep changing the subject because your argument is trash. Bodes well.

Last edited:

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
He’s not incredibly accurate. He’s not smart enough to read defenses at an above average level. He doesn’t have a rocket arm like Rodgers or Mahomes. He doesn’t run enough for his mobility to be considered above average. Can anybody please tell me what exactly he as an individual does at an above average level? If the answer is no he should not be getting an extension and should be replaced next season.

Not talk about fight club

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

No i completely agree. All im saying is that the speed of the game has a ton to do with it. Being comfortable in the offense, getting in a rhythm and on the same page with recievers, guaging defensive players quickness to react.

I'm making excuses, and no he can't continue to do that. I'm saying it was correctable and stuff he seems to be able to overcome the last few games.

Hes so fucking young man, too many great players have emerged later in their careers. So many peopke think its seeable right away. It never has been. Nobody thiught flacco had Superbowl MVP in him after his first 3 years. Nobody thought Foles did either. Wilson was carried by defense his first 4 years befire he started putting up numbers and even that hasnt gotten him back to a superbowl.

It takes time and people were way too quick to hang this guy. I think it has alot to do with impatience in Chicago for a great QB to come along.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I think it has more to do with seeing what Watson and Mahomes are doing. If those guys were struggling too the pressure on Trubs would be less.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No i completely agree. All im saying is that the speed of the game has a ton to do with it. Being comfortable in the offense, getting in a rhythm and on the same page with recievers, guaging defensive players quickness to react.

I'm making excuses, and no he can't continue to do that. I'm saying it was correctable and stuff he seems to be able to overcome the last few games.

Hes so fucking young man, too many great players have emerged later in their careers. So many peopke think its seeable right away. It never has been. Nobody thiught flacco had Superbowl MVP in him after his first 3 years. Nobody thought Foles did either. Wilson was carried by defense his first 4 years befire he started putting up numbers and even that hasnt gotten him back to a superbowl.

It takes time and people were way too quick to hang this guy. I think it has alot to do with impatience in Chicago for a great QB to come along.
Fair enough. I think it has more to do with seeing what Watson and Mahomes are doing. If those guys were struggling too the pressure on Trubs would be less.

Most definitely. I also think some of trubisky's struggles are due to what Watson and Mahomes are doing. He was expected to be the best of the bunch and so far has been the worst by a wide margin. That causes him to overthink every single aspect of the game instead of just going out and playing.

Whenever the guy goes out and seems "comfortable" on the field he almost always has a big game. Issue is nearly every game this year you see the first drive and he either looks lost or uncomfortable or like he's pressing. It really is a damn shame because games like the last two weeks make you realize what is there, but he just needs to do it weekly.

Also, fan criticism is really out of control because he got drafted to a big market. If the dude played for a smaller market there would be less attention paid to him. No one has been shit on as bad as mitch this year. For that I hope he succeeds, but I just don't see him developing into anything special.