What does Mitch do at an above average level?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is also above average at suckering idiots like @msadows and Danny Perkins into betting he will win MVP.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is also above average at suckering idiots like @msadows and Danny Perkins into betting he will win MVP.

He was the most popular preseason bet for MVP because of his odds.

Yes, it looks like an idiotic bet now, but it wasn't that stupid back then. There is a reason the odds were so high because the chances were slim. Most expected him to improve this year upon year 2, not regress. I always make a homer bet on the bears, that was the one this season.

But quality trash you provided to this thread, as always CRM. The life of a troll must be fantastic.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
He’s not incredibly accurate. He’s not smart enough to read defenses at an above average level. He doesn’t have a rocket arm like Rodgers or Mahomes. He doesn’t run enough for his mobility to be considered above average. Can anybody please tell me what exactly he as an individual does at an above average level? If the answer is no he should not be getting an extension and should be replaced next season.

I'm convinced that you are the biggest meatball on these boards, and that's really saying something. I don't know how anyone can possibly take you seriously.

He's way above average in terms of his mobility and running. If you're using the early parts of this season when he was clearly hurt to refute that against 2017, 2018, and the last couple weeks then you really are clueless.

Speaking of being hurt, he's above average in toughness as well. When the offense around him is even average, his accuracy is above average. See the hand full of games below:

25-31 against Washington (80.6% complete)

16-23 vs Detroit (69.6% complete)

29-38 at Detroit (76.3 % complete)

23-31 vs Dallas in his record setting performance against that top 10 defense. (74.2% complete)

For comparison sake, Mitch is tied with Patric Mahomes for 15th best quarterback in the league in terms of completion percentage putting him just above average to address your question more directly.

That puts him above the likes of Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.

His season completion percentage is 64.5% while his receiving corps leads the NFL in drops.

If his receivers were at exactly league average (15 drops) that gives him 6 more completions bringing his percentage up to 66.07%

I would also say that his touchdown to interception ratio of 19-8 is above average.

TLDR:

Mako has above average to elite running abilities, completion percentage, and touchdown to interception ratio in an offense that has done him no favors.

Sources:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm convinced that you are the biggest meatball on these boards, and that's really saying something. I don't know how anyone can possibly take you seriously.

He's way above average in terms of his mobility and running. If you're using the early parts of this season when he was clearly hurt to refute that against 2017, 2018, and the last couple weeks then you really are clueless.

Speaking of being hurt, he's above average in toughness as well. When the offense around him is even average, his accuracy is above average. See the hand full of games below:

25-31 against Washington (80.6% complete)

16-23 vs Detroit (69.6% complete)

29-38 at Detroit (76.3 % complete)

23-31 vs Dallas in his record setting performance against that top 10 defense. (74.2% complete)

For comparison sake, Mitch is tied with Patric Mahomes for 15th best quarterback in the league in terms of completion percentage putting him just above average to address your question more directly.

That puts him above the likes of Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.

His season completion percentage is 64.5% while his receiving corps leads the NFL in drops.

If his receivers were at exactly league average (15 drops) that gives him 6 more completions bringing his percentage up to 66.07%

I would also say that his touchdown to interception ratio of 19-8 is above average.

TLDR:

Mako has above average to elite running abilities, completion percentage, and touchdown to interception ratio in an offense that has done him no favors.

Sources:

Sorrry. Didn’t read your novel. Too long and stupid.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Sorrry. Didn’t read your novel. Too long and stupid.

There's literally a TLDR at the end. The "novel" is just facts backing that TLDR up with a couple sources added for good measure... ya know in case you wanted to fact check.

In case you're as stupid as I think you are, TLDR stands for "too long, didn't read."

I hope this helps.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There's literally a TLDR at the end. The "novel" is just facts backing that TLDR up with a couple sources added for good measure... ya know in case you wanted to fact check.
Please find a way to communicate with me that doesn’t involve me having to read a novel.

thanks.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was the most popular preseason bet for MVP because of his odds.

Yes, it looks like an idiotic bet now, but it wasn't that stupid back then. There is a reason the odds were so high because the chances were slim. Most expected him to improve this year upon year 2, not regress. I always make a homer bet on the bears, that was the one this season.

But quality trash you provided to this thread, as always CRM. The life of a troll must be fantastic.

Yes it was. Forget MVP, anyone who actually watched the Bears last year knew that Mitch would get worse, not better.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Yes it was. Forget MVP, anyone who actually watched the Bears last year knew that Mitch would get worse, not better.

Yes, a 6 touchdown game, outplaying Brady head to head, knocking Rodgers out of the playoffs, and outplaying Foles in the post season all in his second season (first in Nagys offense) just screams regression.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes, a 6 touchdown game, outplaying Brady head to head, knocking Rodgers out of the playoffs, and outplaying Foles in the post season all in his second season (first in Nagys offense) just screams regression.
lol

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Please put down the bottle(s) of wine Mrs. Trubisky

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tez,

One thing you are not taking into account is of 28 qualified QBs, Mitch has the lowest yards per attempt ie he is 28 out of 28 at 6.2 yards per game. He is also last in yards per completion So while his adjusted completion percentage is 6th in the NFL, a huge factor in that is the fact he has largely been dinking and dunking this year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Tez,

One thing you are not taking into account is of 28 qualified QBs, Mitch has the lowest yards per attempt ie he is 28 out of 28 at 6.2 yards per game. He is also last in yards per completion So while his adjusted completion percentage is 6th in the NFL, a huge factor in that is the fact he has largely been dinking and dunking this year.

He's talking about last year.

The only people who think mitch was bad last year are the haters/trolls just trying to start shit.

He's undeniably been awful this year, but no one saw this coming. Most assumed last year was his floor, not his ceiling.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

The only people who think mitch was bad last year are the haters/trolls just trying to start shit.

He's undeniably been awful this year, but no one saw this coming. Most assumed last year was his floor, not his ceiling.

Nah I was referring to this year. Last year his completion percentage was slightly lower,but to Remy's point its hard to go down field if the o line can't pass protect long enough for receivers to work their way down field.

The 90 yard would be touchdown from a few weeks ago and the drops in general have also skewed his average per attempt and completion down.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Mitch wasn't good last year. But there was a lot of hope he would take that next step going into year 2 of Nagy's offense. He obviously didn't.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, a 6 touchdown game(1), outplaying Brady head to head(2), knocking Rodgers out of the playoffs, and outplaying Foles (3)in the post season all in his second season (first in Nagys offense) just screams regression.

1. 1 good game doesn’t equal good. Remember, Ryan Fitzpatrick had a 6 TD game once. So did Matt Flynn.

2. He did not even come close to out playing Brady

3. Didn’t outscore him thought

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I guess the defense gets 0 credit for Mitch out playing QBs last year. Mark Sanchez went to back to back AFC Championships with an elite defense

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah I was referring to this year. Last year his completion percentage was slightly lower,but to Remy's point its hard to go down field if the o line can't pass protect long enough for receivers to work their way down field.

The 90 yard would be touchdown from a few weeks ago and the drops in general have also skewed his average per attempt and completion down.

That may be the case but it still means it is so easier to complete passes when you throwing it shorter than just about everyone else.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Also outplayed Nick Foles? Foles was going against the number 1 defense and Mitch was playing against one of the worst secondaries in the entire NFL. And he still played like crap for the vast majority of the first 3 quarters. Some of you overhype Mitchs last season way to much