What Grade does Poles get in the Off-season(so far)?

What grade do you give Poles this off-season so far?

• A

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • B

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • C

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fucking Meatball

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What grade do you give Poles this off-season so far?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
B. I expected him to address the problem ass right sh a little more but I like his other moves so far

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Solid B. I appreciate what he's done overall. Only knock from A to B is because I would have liked to see bigger money go to either the OL/DL vs LB. But we needed help there too, so...

We'll see how the draft goes, but overall excited about the process and trajectory (so far).

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ignoring ol/dl would normally get f grade but getting moore in that trade down bumps him up to c.

He really needed to add a RT even with an overpay. One less position to fill in the draft. Really wasn’t much out there on DL. Walker graded out higher than Jones did. Surprised he hasn’t brought in a pass rushing DE

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He got future draft capital, a real #1 WR, and some good LB starters but missed out on key offensive line starters.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
C+

I give him a B+ on the #1 Overall Trade

Free Agency has been fairly underwhelming. I give him a C- Some good value signings, but was really hoping for some impact players outside of LB. I felt like we missed the boat with a few guys and didn't do enough to help the trenches. Now we will be forced to use the #9 overall pick on OL.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He really needed to add a RT even with an overpay. One less position to fill in the draft. Really wasn’t much out there on DL. Walker graded out higher than Jones did. Surprised he hasn’t brought in a pass rushing DE

Even the starting centers were getting 6 mil a year. That’s not back breaking contract could have upgraded big time there.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
C+

I give him a B+ on the #1 Overall Trade

Free Agency has been fairly underwhelming. I give him a C- Some good value signings, but was really hoping for some impact players outside of LB. I felt like we missed the boat with a few guys and didn't do enough to help the trenches. Now we will be forced to use the #9 overall pick on OL.

Yeah, this is a solid take. I also wish the lines had been addressed. A solid draft could easily push the overall grade up to a high B (very possible) or even a low A (doubtful).

The extra picks in future drafts could make this a great draft!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
My grade would be incomplete. I’ll wait to see what happens in the next wave of free agency, the draft, and UDFA signings.

I think he handled the trade like a seasoned executive and I’m glad he was able to extract DJ Moore in the deal.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
I’d give it a B, with potential to be an A+. We’re not even done signing FAs yet. There’s still a few out there that could help if their price comes down.

He put an emphasis on signing good contracts (great sign for long term), but not necessarily at the positions we need most (DL and OT).

Liked Posts:
B+
I like that he addressed the Brains of the defensive scheme with 2 LBs still in their primes.

Nailed down a top tier WR still in his prime

Most importantly had finally created extra draft capital in the 2024 draft that will likely include MARVIN HARRISON JR if Fields plays well, or what is setting up to be a very attractive QB class if Field's doesn't play well.

Imagine that Fields balls out and you end up with Marvin Harrison Jr on this team?

Let's hope Carolina REALLY sucks this year.

I'll give him a B+. I'm sick of the Bears always being offseason kings.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Solid B for me. I would have preferred he signed a RT and a C but understand in the end why he did not. The reality is most of the guys available weren't likely to be major upgrade. Just a different name offering similar pass blocking.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
C

premature ejaculator
Started out with a bang, then fizzled quickly. Biggest areas of concern still remain unaddressed.