What happened to Marcus Cooper?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter that his head wasn't turned around on the TD. He was beat by the scramble. Knowing where the ball was wasn't going to prevent a TD. On the deep ball, you can't knock him for a penalty that wasn't called. And OK, his head isn't really looking at the ball, but he knows where the ball is. And if that pass was anywhere other than the outside arm of Adams, it would have been a PBU. Also, I responded to a guy saying his head was down running because he got beat. Clearly not the case.

I never said shit about the play you want to keep referring to. Stop making shit up.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I never said shit about the play you want to keep referring to. Stop making shit up.

My bad. You were talking about in general, you say. Yet, I'm sure your "in general" opinion was heavily influenced by the play I keep referring to.

Denim Chicken

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter that his head wasn't turned around on the TD. He was beat by the scramble. Knowing where the ball was wasn't going to prevent a TD. On the deep ball, you can't knock him for a penalty that wasn't called. And OK, his head isn't really looking at the ball, but he knows where the ball is. And if that pass was anywhere other than the outside arm of Adams, it would have been a PBU. Also, I responded to a guy saying his head was down running because he got beat. Clearly not the case.

Uh what? It very much matters his head wasn't turned around on the TD. If he knows where the ball is he can swipe at the ball instead of flailing aimlessly at the air and missing. "Knowing where the ball was wasn't going to prevent a TD" might be the worst defense I've ever heard of a defensive back giving up a TD. And again you say he doesn't look at the ball but somehow knows where the ball is. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on how to play defensive back.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Uh what? It very much matters his head wasn't turned around on the TD. If he knows where the ball is he can swipe at the ball instead of flailing aimlessly at the air and missing. "Knowing where the ball was wasn't going to prevent a TD" might be the worst defense I've ever heard of a defensive back giving up a TD. And again you say he doesn't look at the ball but somehow knows where the ball is. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on how to play defensive back.

My point was he was beat on that play. Not because he didn't know where the ball was, but because he lost track of the WR. I couldn't get your link to work, so I didn't watch it again, so I'm going off of memory. But I remember Adams getting behind him and knowing it was a TD. There wasn't much Fuller could have done other than not losing track of him in the first place. I seem to remember him being a good 5 yards away from Adams, not close enough to prevent the TD. I could be wrong though.

As for knowing where the ball is, you can play CB without seeing the ball. And sometimes it's necessary. You can read the WR's eyes or see when his hands go up and then swat the ball. Xavier Rhodes does this all the time.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Fuller wasn't getting embarrassed. Great back shoulder throw and a one-handed catch is gonna burn most corners in the NFL.
Hundley had far too many plays with all day to throw.
Wanna see a DB embarrassed watch #20 Amukamara on the TY Montgomery TD run.

Yeah okay buddy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller was very bad except for 2 plays yesterday......

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah okay buddy.

He also had at least 3 big missed tackles. It was a bad bad game for Fuller and the two plays that won them the game were both passes to D.Adams with K.Fuller on him.