What happens if (when) football is canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is it possible to believe that all lives matter l, all should be treated equally, all should be afforded the same opportunities, yet believe the organization is a hard left group that I disagree with and also support trump?

And apparently if your black and believe all that then you're not really black....per joe biden.
you should be pretty fucking outraged at what has been happening to black people then

greg23

Liked Posts:
you should be pretty fucking outraged at what has been happening to black people then

Isn't it head scratching that the blm organization says nothing and coordinateds no protests in chicago (now New York and soon to be every major city when they "defund the police) after dozens are murdered every weekend.......why are they silent in regards to those black lives??

Reform the police, train them better, prosecute those that commit crimes.

do black lives matter or do black lives matter only if they die at the hands of white police (very few unarmed per year) so as to take advantage , promote an agenda and a far left ideology?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Isn't it head scratching that the blm organization says nothing and coordinateds no protests in chicago (now New York and soon to be every major city when they "defund the police) after dozens are murdered every weekend.......why are they silent in regards to those black lives??

do black lives matter or do black lives matter only if they die at the hands of white police (very few unarmed per year) so as to take advantage , promote an agenda and a far left ideology?
i think the movement is cuz they are tired of being scared and thinking they are going to die every time they get pulled over, idk tho. you might be on to something with this 'far left ideology' of not wanting to die

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Are you Tucker Carlsons drunk account?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Is it possible to believe that all lives matter l, all should be treated equally, all should be afforded the same opportunities, yet believe the organization is a hard left group that I disagree with and also support trump?

And apparently if your black and believe all that then you're not really black....per joe biden.

Uhhhmmm is it possible for you to understand that all lives do matter, but until black lives actually matter that muttering "all lives matter" is some ignorant shit? I will admit I was guilty of this and then I educated myself to the reality of the situation.

It is because your exclamation, all lives matter, is one that seeks complacency in a situation that needs change for black lives to actually matter.

Good talk though, I hope that you can digest what I just posited.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All of my ads in this thread are for masks. LOL

IF no season? I think everything just stalls for a year, and then NCAA can decide come out or stay, and then the NFL will draft as usual. Would be weird though if there weren't many coming out. Maybe only 2-3 rounds of drafts? IDK. Could get weird.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Does the mask help? It's a handkerchief not a mask. Is this just a sugar pill? Really I'm asking. I hear some say it helps and others say it's just a sugar pill for the masses. I admit I don't know. A mask would do something I think but a rag?? on your face.
That’s the same logic I use when people ask why I don’t wear my seatbelt.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
NFL will model itself after the NHL, MLB and NBA as they are all scheduled to resume this month or so.

If those 3 leagues start / end without issues...NFL will start the season eezy peezy.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
How will this effect contracts? If they have 3 years left and the season doesn’t happen, do they contractually only have 2 years left starting in 2021? Or does it not count as a year for the contract? How does this effect cap? These are the questions I need answered as I haven’t seen this info anywhere.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I assume the NFL will follow the lead taken by pro soccer leagues across Europe and have games played without spectators in the stadium.

The major risk with pro sports and Covid is not really transmission to other players - who can be tested daily - it's crowds, coming to and from and being in a stadium. Very little prohibits or impedes sports to be played without a crowd - and given the majority of revenue is from TV and advertising, I struggle to see a situation that is going to stop the season being played.

On the plus side for Bears fans, at least you got your season tickets refunded, my soccer club still made us pay for ours with there only being a small chance games will be played in front of a crowd this year!!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I assume the NFL will follow the lead taken by pro soccer leagues across Europe and have games played without spectators in the stadium.

The major risk with pro sports and Covid is not really transmission to other players - who can be tested daily - it's crowds, coming to and from and being in a stadium. Very little prohibits or impedes sports to be played without a crowd - and given the majority of revenue is from TV and advertising, I struggle to see a situation that is going to stop the season being played.

On the plus side for Bears fans, at least you got your season tickets refunded, my soccer club still made us pay for ours with there only being a small chance games will be played in front of a crowd this year!!

The big difference is that Europe has the pandemic under control for the most part.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does the mask help? It's a handkerchief not a mask. Is this just a sugar pill? Really I'm asking. I hear some say it helps and others say it's just a sugar pill for the masses. I admit I don't know. A mask would do something I think but a rag?? on your face.
Im not sure if you know about them or if you can afford $13 but you can order 50 3-layer disposable masks on eBay for $13. More effective than the cloth masks you seem to have issue with. I also find them more breathable.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:

Another plus will be that the 'home team' TV black out may be lifted. Since local fans can't attend the games, my guess there will be some kind of fee that will allow the viewing of the local games.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Non mask wearers shutting down economies in Houston and FL because of of people getting sick but are 1st to complain about shutting down the economy and needing to wear masks.

It does appear that some people got the spread in Houston going:

Newsweek

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

They are silent because those black lives do not matter to them. But if the newspapers printed black kills black, black kills latino, black kills white just end up the numbers as 60-80 shootings, 20 dead, they would be racist. The two white on white murders or God forbid white kills black murders a quarter is what they want us to hear.

The honest part is I think more of us will believe black lives matter when the blacks start to believe. For the rest of us, all lives matter.

N95 mask or dont waste your time. Then you cant breathe and get one with an exhale valve and guess what, it does nothing to stop passing it if you have it.

But trump has a rally and numbers spike the next day (when we all know it takes 2 weeks to show symptoms) but rioters and looters did not cause an increase in the numbers over the past two weeks.

We live in a sad sad world and all we have is football.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

They have no entity of power to put blame on and it simply does not fit their agenda when their own innocent children are getting gunned down on the regular. Mayor Lightfoot is on it though. We just just need a few more terms of democratic leadership in Chicago and the state to fix all these problems.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Of course the stands will be empty, but can you imagine the crying if a bunch of Cowboys got sick?

Covid is off the hook in TX. Imagine how "unfair" it will be that we went ahead with the season.

Imagine players being deactivated for a high temperature, and it turns out they don't have covid.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Im not sure if you know about them or if you can afford $13 but you can order 50 3-layer disposable masks on eBay for $13. More effective than the cloth masks you seem to have issue with. I also find them more breathable.
Where would I come up with 13 bucks. But also you did not answer the question. Does a handkerchief protect you.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I wish someone would stick a tampon in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.