What happens if (when) football is canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve been thinking for a while now that we’re not getting football this year. And whatever that’s fine. Maybe a few weeks until players refuse to play as covid spreads.

But how does everyone think that will impact the draft/college players and player contracts etc? Would college players that choose to leave be free to sign as a free agent? Would there be some kind of supplemental draft (and then maybe increase the rounds for the 2022 draft?). how about the draft order?

I’m fucking bored

greg23

Liked Posts:
It's simple:

If they play:

The owners are racists for exposing their predominantly black employees to potential health risks of a virus and their doubly racist for "drafting" predominantly black athletes as employees.

If they dont play:

The owners are racists for depriving their predominately black employees income and doubly racist for not providing incoming employees a chance at a job.

Either way, time to take a knee during the anthem and display of "a flag that represents a racist system and country" (but hey, dont forget it's not about and never has been about ; the flag)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’ve been thinking for a while now that we’re not getting football this year. And whatever that’s fine. Maybe a few weeks until players refuse to play as covid spreads.
How about you shut you fu*&ing mouth!!!!!! Also, I will bitch slap every non mask wearing 20 something.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
BUT ALL THE FACEBOOK PHYSICIANS TOLD ME THAT COVID WAS A DEMOCRATIC HOAX

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
How about you shut you fu*&ing mouth!!!!!! Also, I will bitch slap every non mask wearing 20 something.
Does the mask help? It's a handkerchief not a mask. Is this just a sugar pill? Really I'm asking. I hear some say it helps and others say it's just a sugar pill for the masses. I admit I don't know. A mask would do something I think but a rag?? on your face.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does the mask help? It's a handkerchief not a mask. Is this just a sugar pill? Really I'm asking. I hear some say it helps and others say it's just a sugar pill for the masses. I admit I don't know. A mask would do something I think but a rag?? on your face.

Ok boomer,,,

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
somebody! save us!

I think we'll have to just..."wait". Look...I know that sucks but i might get some relief from no football because anger and many never-ending endless super random wtf disappointing moments is a heart killer like just parkey...

mecha

Liked Posts:

don't be a bad guy.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
well it's not going to hurt the situation so put the stupid piece of fucking cloth on when in public and maybe we will have football

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To the OP - I have no clue but I'm assuming no college or NFL at this point. I imagine the NCAA will grant another year of eligibility for players and they can choose to stay if they want or if they feel they are ready they can enter the draft in April.

If the NFL doesn't play, I have no idea how they determine draft order. Lottery maybe? I'm sure some shitty teams will get boned in this process, but can you imagine if they Bears win the first pick and get Trevor Lawrence? That'd be pretty neat

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It's simple:

If they play:

The owners are racists for exposing their predominantly black employees to potential health risks of a virus and their doubly racist for "drafting" predominantly black athletes as employees.

If they dont play:

The owners are racists for depriving their predominately black employees income and doubly racist for not providing incoming employees a chance at a job.

Either way, time to take a knee during the anthem and display of "a flag that represents a racist system and country" (but hey, dont forget it's not about and never has been about ; the flag)

You know, you don't have to get all liquored up in the middle of the afternoon and start talking about the south rising again and such. We really don't want to hear it. You can leave your racial colloquialisms buried in the past where they belong.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Non mask wearers shutting down economies in Houston and FL because of of people getting sick but are 1st to complain about shutting down the economy and needing to wear masks.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

greg23

Liked Posts:
You know, you don't have to get all liquored up in the middle of the afternoon and start talking about the south rising again and such. We really don't want to hear it. You can leave your racial colloquialisms buried in the past where they belong.

Support us or your racist!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Support us or your racist!

That is not what he said.

He said supporting Trump who, by the way, just retweeted a guy screaming WHITE POWER, and commented that they were great people, is automatically not support of Black lives matter.

That is different than support us or your racist, that is literally saying that supporting Trump and Black Lives Matter cannot happen at the same time because their messages cannot co-mingle. One is supporting the end of systemic racism the other is pretty OK with saying things that are borderline if not overtly racist and also saying that some racists are really fine people, or great people.

I await you telling me how wrong I am and how you, as a non racist, support both Trump and Black Lives Matter. I cannot wait for the mental gymnastics we are about to witness.

greg23

Liked Posts:
That is not what he said.

He said supporting Trump who, by the way, just retweeted a guy screaming WHITE POWER, and commented that they were great people, is automatically not support of Black lives matter.

That is different than support us or your racist, that is literally saying that supporting Trump and Black Lives Matter cannot happen at the same time because their messages cannot co-mingle. One is supporting the end of systemic racism the other is pretty OK with saying things that are borderline if not overtly racist and also saying that some racists are really fine people, or great people.

I await you telling me how wrong I am and how you, as a non racist, support both Trump and Black Lives Matter. I cannot wait for the mental gymnastics we are about to witness.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Is it possible to believe that all lives matter l, all should be treated equally, all should be afforded the same opportunities, yet believe the organization is a hard left group that I disagree with and also support trump?

And apparently if your black and believe all that then you're not really black....per joe biden.

Status
Not open for further replies.