What happens when they lose to the Bengals?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We’ve heard from beat guys that they aren’t on the hot seat, but if they drop to 0-2 against the Bengals, they have to be right?

That will all but force Nagy to start Fields, because they will definitely be 0-3 the following week in Cleveland when Burrow tears this absolutely horrendous secondary apart on Sunday.

And for anybody calling this an overreaction, the Bengals embarrassed Minnesota for much of the game Sunday, say what you want about them, but their defense and offense are better than ours.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I Have a Dream..

The Bears head into the by week 1-8 and Pace and Nagy get fired.

Then I woke up and my pillow was gone.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
We’ve heard from beat guys that they aren’t on the hot seat, but if they drop to 0-2 against the Bengals, they have to be right?

That will all but force Nagy to start Fields, because they will definitely be 0-3 the following week in Cleveland when Burrow tears this absolutely horrendous secondary apart on Sunday.

And for anybody calling this an overreaction, the Bengals embarrassed Minnesota for much of the game Sunday, say what you want about them, but their defense and offense are better than ours.

There's this perception that Fields will "save" the season. Or garner more wins. Fields cannot fix this. Whether he starts or not is irrelevant. There are simply too many holes. This ship is sinking fast.

If I were the owner, I would fire Pace and hire a temporary GM to trade Montgomery, Mack, and Roquan.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Not sure why losing to cincy would be shocking. I've been saying for a while burrow and those wrs are going to eat up our secondary and Dalton isn't hanging in a shootout.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I've had them going 0-3 with Fields starting week 4 vs the NFLs punching bag franchise.
They had to go 2-2 through the first 4 to get to 7 or 8 wins

they’re looking at 5 or 6 without those 2 wins, with no 1st round pick.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If you all watch that game....

The Bengals defense was surprisingly very stout yesterday. And Burrows is as good as advertised...

They could EASILY beat the Bears. I will go as far and say that they can blowout the Bears if the Bears played like they played last night...

BEARS

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They had to go 2-2 through the first 4 to get to 7 or 8 wins

they’re looking at 5 or 6 without those 2 wins, with no 1st round pick.
No 1st or 4th round picks. 1 WR on contract. Need DL/Edge help. Secondary help. OT help.

Anyone who thinks Pace can fix all of this in one off-season is delusional. Dude couldn't fix all of that if given 7 more years.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
No 1st or 4th round picks. 1 WR on contract. Need DL/Edge help. Secondary help. OT help.

Anyone who thinks Pace can fix all of this in one off-season is delusional. Dude couldn't fix all of that if given 7 more years.
I really would be tempted to cut all the big contracts and try to put the offense together. If the defense is going to suck why have all that money invested over there. Look to put it all together years 3, 4, and 5 of fields rookie contract

Rise

Liked Posts:
It’s a must win game next Sunday. It’s a must win game for all teams who started 0-1, as 0-2 significantly lowers any chance of having a decent season. 17 games does help soften that blow as does having your entire division be 0-1.

We know they are losing to the Browns so it is a must win. Can’t start 0-3.

This is shaping up to be a very tough year for the entire nfc north. The schedule is just brutal with the nfc west and afc north. Only one team is getting out of the division in my opinion.

I was saying this before the draft and I’ll stick to it. The Bears dealt a top 10 pick, might even be top 5. Tough pill to swallow but if Fields is great it’s worth it, he is all that matters about this season.