What happens when they lose to the Bengals?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Some extra food for thought:

what happens when they lose to the Bengals, beat the Lions, and lose to the Raiders?

Does 1-4 get them on the hot seat?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when Benson and the Bengals came into SF, and just ran all over the Bears?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I've had them going 0-3 with Fields starting week 4 vs the NFLs punching bag franchise.
You and me have both been on week 4 being the time the reigns are handed to fields.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
We’ve heard from beat guys that they aren’t on the hot seat, but if they drop to 0-2 against the Bengals, they have to be right?

That will all but force Nagy to start Fields, because they will definitely be 0-3 the following week in Cleveland when Burrow tears this absolutely horrendous secondary apart on Sunday.

And for anybody calling this an overreaction, the Bengals embarrassed Minnesota for much of the game Sunday, say what you want about them, but their defense and offense are better than ours.
Virginia strokes on a hot dog. They sell the team to Amazon and we blow up the team to rebuild in two years and play in a 10 billion dollar stadium in Arlington heights. Without Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy. Fields is two time MVP back to back years.

Wishful thinking?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I'm a new Bears fan thanks to them drafting Fields/the Texans becoming a religious ministry instead of football organization. I became a fan of this team with an open mind and wanted to just see where the team is at after watching some games and then preseason snaps with relevant players.

If the team goes 0-2 or 0-3 to start, my hopes are two-fold - 1) they start Fields the rest of the season (assuming he's healthy) and 2) they consider trading veterans for draft picks and commit to a rebuild. Committing to a rebuild means trading guys and maybe not necessarily where they want to be traded. Don't give guys de-facto no-trade clauses when they're not worthy of it. Regardless of record, Fields should start sooner rather than later.

Right now they're in an awkward stage where the best pieces on the defense are on one timeline (likely the downside of their career in terms of peak performance) while the best offensive pieces are on another timeline (the beginning of their career and not yet in their prime). It doesn't mean the season is over right away but it does mean a hard, honest assessment of the state of the team will need to be done regardless of record before the trade deadline.

If it doesn't look like the playoffs is likely closer to the trade deadline, then I would hope they'd make a pivot full on to a developmental/rebuild stage and try to trade veterans on both side of the ball for maximum value. If you don't honestly think the team is winning the super bowl this year or next year then use this year to kickstart the rebuild. Commit to Fields, trade the guys that don't have team friendly contracts and who may be close (if not already on) the downside of their career.

If you commit to the rebuild, don't do it half assed. Cut or trade the bad contracts and deal with a large dead cap penalty for 2022-2023 but have a cleaner slate for 2023-2024. I'd rather suck while Fields is learning how to be a QB in the NFL than wait until he's good but inadvertently wasting those seasons because they're still trying to clean up a bad cap situation.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a new Bears fan thanks to them drafting Fields/the Texans becoming a religious ministry instead of football organization. I became a fan of this team with an open mind and wanted to just see where the team is at after watching some games and then preseason snaps with relevant players.

If the team goes 0-2 or 0-3 to start, my hopes are two-fold - 1) they start Fields the rest of the season (assuming he's healthy) and 2) they consider trading veterans for draft picks and commit to a rebuild. Committing to a rebuild means trading guys and maybe not necessarily where they want to be traded. Don't give guys de-facto no-trade clauses when they're not worthy of it. Regardless of record, Fields should start sooner rather than later.

Right now they're in an awkward stage where the best pieces on the defense are on one timeline (likely the downside of their career in terms of peak performance) while the best offensive pieces are on another timeline (the beginning of their career and not yet in their prime). It doesn't mean the season is over right away but it does mean a hard, honest assessment of the state of the team will need to be done regardless of record before the trade deadline.

If it doesn't look like the playoffs is likely closer to the trade deadline, then I would hope they'd make a pivot full on to a developmental/rebuild stage and try to trade veterans on both side of the ball for maximum value. If you don't honestly think the team is winning the super bowl this year or next year then use this year to kickstart the rebuild. Commit to Fields, trade the guys that don't have team friendly contracts and who may be close (if not already on) the downside of their career.

If you commit to the rebuild, don't do it half assed. Cut or trade the bad contracts and deal with a large dead cap penalty for 2022-2023 but have a cleaner slate for 2023-2024. I'd rather suck while Fields is learning how to be a QB in the NFL than wait until he's good but inadvertently wasting those seasons because they're still trying to clean up a bad cap situation.
Run while you can

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If they play Sunday like they did last night, the Booing is gonna be legendary.
I cant wait to see Jackson let guys go uncovered for deep tds at home then complain about being booed and blame the fans for the product on the field

buttscoot

Liked Posts:
I would bet anything you’re from Ohio or an Ohio State fan or something like that. Because I’m confused as to why you feel the need to stan for Joe Burrow so hard.

Mitch Trubisky had better numbers last year than Burrow. I think Burrow was like 24th in QBR.
Burrow actually finished one spot below Jared Goff and one spot above Andy Dalton. Mitchell was better than all 3. Are you ready to anoint Mitch too?

Right.. and Burrow did that on the worst team in the NFL. So bad they couldn't protect him and he had a horrible knee injury. He most likely would have continued to improve and have better stats by the end of the season if they weren't so bad he got injured..........

buttscoot

Liked Posts:

Cameron gets it.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
There's this perception that Fields will "save" the season. Or garner more wins. Fields cannot fix this. Whether he starts or not is irrelevant. There are simply too many holes. This ship is sinking fast.

If I were the owner, I would fire Pace and hire a temporary GM to trade Montgomery, Mack, and Roquan.
I don't think many people view Fielss as a savior. People just want him to develop in a down hear and be ready to roll by the time the team has enough talent again.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:

The grass isn’t greener here. Haven’t seen green grass in years here

Rise

Liked Posts:
What happens at the bye week when they are 1-8 or 0-9? Only game they will be favored in is the Lions the schedule is insane. They might have traded the #1 overall pick.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
People are going to be disappointed if they think this team is a QB change away from being competitive. Especially now with Peters and borom injured.
Has there been any updates on their statuses?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hot Take

Joe Burrow isnt as good as the media and public in general thinks he is. everybody Is still in the honeymoon phase with him. And for some weird reason it seems like everyone wants to anoint him as this sure fire future star. I’m not sure though. I bet his career ends up being very pedestrian. when the talking heads go on about him though you’d think he was this great player. I don’t know though. I mean he looks decent.

That LSU team was loaded. Look at the two receivers he was throwing to. I’m not saying he sucks. But I’d bet his career will end up being more Andy Dalton like than Phillip Rivers.
Nice hot take. Thanks for providing us with your football knowledge