What I'd Like To See Done At DC(In General)

Liked Posts:
I hope the Bears keep doing what they are doing with hiring these coaches & assistants by hiring another up & comer type instead of a retread assistant. I love what they are doing for the first time in years with this & it's a breath of fresh air. I'd love to see them find an ass kicker of a linbacking coach who is on the the rise to run this 3-4 hybrid defense primarily based on LB play.

Agai, I hope they keep hiring up & comers for DC & remaining assistant positions like they have been doing, especially like they've been doing. I like not seeing any retread hires so far & I hope they keep it up & hire either a bad ass linbacker or D-Back coach to run their 3-4. Find this defense a nasty Linbacker Coach already in the NFL ranks.

Liked Posts:
I hope the Bears keep doing what they are doing with hiring these coaches & assistants by hiring another up & comer type instead of a retread assistant. I love what they are doing for the first time in years with this & it's a breath of fresh air. I'd love to see them find an ass kicker of a linbacking coach who is on the the rise to run this 3-4 hybrid defense primarily based on LB play. I hope they keep hiring up & comers for DC & remaining assistant positions like they have been doing especially like they've been doing. I like not seeing any retread hires so far & I hope they keep it up & hire either a bad ass linbacker or D-Back coach to run their 3-4. Find this defense a nasty Linbacker Coach already in the NFL ranks.

Couldn't this paragraph be cut in half? You said the same things twice in same paragraph.

Having said that, I agree. The injection of younger coaches into airy young group of players allows them to grow together. I think those coaches can relate to players better.

Liked Posts:
Done on the split. Don't get me wrong I would be happy to get Fangio back but we did see something similar when Lovie was fired & people wanted Marinelli to stay. More than likely Fangio was already out the door in his own head when Fox was fired, & doing what any assistant would do to use his prior employer to drive up his value to other employers

In any sport I always liked the idea of hiring people on the cutting edge, who are looking to progress to a higher level whether it's building through a draft or hiring assistant coaches.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m the opposite, I think continuity and a solid older vet coach is the perfect match for our young inexperienced but hopefully innovative offensive staff and coach. Diversity is strength.

This is why all of this just seems so weird to me. Honestly Shurmur/Bettcher/Arizona should be a no brainer just like Nagy/Fangio/Bears. I’m surprised it appears like we will switch DC.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Honestly we have hired retreads as well. OL Coach, RB Coach, and ST Coach are all retreads. Only HC and OC are not. So 3-2 retreads.

Luke

Liked Posts:
If they truly follow the Mcvey pattern, negs s/b looking for that DC with plenty of experience (Phillips) which would be more like a spags, pagano, ryan type.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I hope the Bears keep doing what they are doing with hiring these coaches & assistants by hiring another up & comer type instead of a retread assistant. I love what they are doing for the first time in years with this & it's a breath of fresh air. I'd love to see them find an ass kicker of a linbacking coach who is on the the rise to run this 3-4 hybrid defense primarily based on LB play.

Agai, I hope they keep hiring up & comers for DC & remaining assistant positions like they have been doing, especially like they've been doing. I like not seeing any retread hires so far & I hope they keep it up & hire either a bad ass linbacker or D-Back coach to run their 3-4. Find this defense a nasty Linbacker Coach already in the NFL ranks.
I totally agree with you.

I agree with this post 100%.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I feel like your second paragraph is just a retread of the first. I would have liked it to be an up & comer.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah i like what they're doing so far to. Yeah i really like what Pace is doing as well. Yeah i'm down with that to.

Did i stutter??

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Honestly we have hired retreads as well. OL Coach, RB Coach, and ST Coach are all retreads. Only HC and OC are not. So 3-2 retreads.
Worried me at first, but all the information seems positive in regards to their coaching connections and production. Have to take the media/player fluffing with a grain of salt, but it's better than negatives/doom and gloom.

Liked Posts:
I feel like your second paragraph is just a retread of the first. I would have liked it to be an up & comer.

It is....I just get over caffeinated & overexcited with defense. I like playing it, coaching it, talking about it, living it, breathing it...you name it. Even though the the opposite of what I was hoping for happened I'm more than content with Fangio staying too. I can see the positives in keeping Fangio. I do hope the Bears have an offensive geared offseason with a lot of addressing of the offense in the draft & FA. If that becomes the case it will be nice to have Fangio around who can do well with the tools the Bears already have defensively give or take a handful of young additions.

I like the whole coaching staff. I do personally believe that Nagy is a bit of a gamble & there were coaching prospects with more established resumes, but unlike the Trestman hire, Nagy to me is more of a healthy risk to roll the dice on & I can see the reasoning in rolling the dice with him, where I just didn't get the hiring of Trestman from the CFL just because he was offensive minded.

I'm becoming excited about this franchise again & I haven't been able to say that since mid season of 2012.