What if Fields starts this week vs Rodgers?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Rodgers banged up, and if Fields starts and loses... what does that say about him?

With both QB's doubtful throughout the week, this scenario might be unlikely. But I still think it will happen.

Last edited:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I hope Fields sits the rest of the season. I've seen enough from him this season to have faith that he's a franchise QB. Also with Mooney out, I don't see the benefit in Fields taking any more hits. Just suffer through the last 5 games and focus on 2023.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope Fields sits the rest of the season. I've seen enough from him this season to have faith that he's a franchise QB. Also with Mooney out, I don't see the benefit in Fields taking any more hits. Just suffer through the last 5 games and focus on 2023.

You dont get better by sitting though

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
You dont get better by sitting though
I agree with this. In this circumstance though, I don't want him to take more any more hits given the big injuries the Bears suffered last Sunday. They have nothing to play for at this point. They aren't making the playoffs. The 2nd pick in the 2023 draft could yield a surplus of positive additions to the roster immediately whether through making the pick or trading down. I'd much rather him heal up for 2023 when hopefully he won't have to run as much and hopefully has significantly better protection up front. The last thing I want is an injury to Fields in a meaningless game that knocks him out for the 2023 season.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You do if it means you get the #2 pick which you can turn into multiple first rounders + keep your best player healthy.

JF doesn’t need to go out there with a HS squad in meaningless games, time to think about next year.

Fields still needs reps. Live game reps. Kmet is there, so is Claypool who he should be trying to mesh with.

This is still only Fields second year. He needs the experience

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Who gives a shit. Fields gives them the best chance to win.
The problem is, they aren't winning anything this year. A win would actually be detrimental to the franchise long term. Get the 2nd pick, trade it for a fortune and increase your chances at winning a super bowl in the coming years. At this point, winning hurts the franchise more than losing does.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with this. In this circumstance though, I don't want him to take more any more hits given the big injuries the Bears suffered last Sunday. They have nothing to play for at this point. They aren't making the playoffs. The 2nd pick in the 2023 draft could yield a surplus of positive additions to the roster immediately whether through making the pick or trading down. I'd much rather him heal up for 2023 when hopefully he won't have to run as much and hopefully has significantly better protection up front. The last thing I want is an injury to Fields in a meaningless game that knocks him out for the 2023 season.

I can see that point too. But he can get hit game 1 of next season and have the same outcome. You never really know.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Think they should at least wait til after bye to let Fields play. Not because of draft position, although that helps the bears immensely, but because I think it’s foolish as hell to let him play if there’s even a modicum of increased injury chance. Poles threw the season away after NE game, don’t risk RG3 ing fields career for a thrown away season.

Bust

Liked Posts:

it's Green Bay tho . .

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
it's Green Bay tho . .

Rivalry game or not, the best thing for the franchise long term is to lose out the 2022 season, get that top 3 pick and then trade it for a bunch of picks. The Packers get the win, but get worse draft placement and remain unlikely to make the playoffs. Seems like the perfect outcome for me given the alternatives this season.