What if Fields starts this week vs Rodgers?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Fields need the reps (reps playing QB not RB) but I think he should sit out this week, then we have the bi week. That leaves 4 games for him to work on improving and getting better.

Getsy needs to go. Slant routes, down and out routes etc are timed routes. QB throws the ball to a particular spot and the target needs to be there. It's the way to slow down the pass rush with quick hitters. 2.5 seconds and out. That's what Getsy should be coaching justin on when the pass protection is not there.

Both packer assistants (getsy and hackett) have been colossal failures!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Another #CALLEDIT from @Chief Walking Stick

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Wait, you want the Bears to fire Poles and the coaching staff after the first year of a teardown, rebuild?

That would put Justin in his 4th offensive system in 4 years. That’s a terrible idea.
I hope he was not being serious.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Who cares about the rivalry? Winning this game would be a massive failure. This team needs the highest pick possible.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The problem is he still needs to develop I could care less what pick we get I'd rather see field's get live game reps, but only if he's healthy. Sitting on the bench is detrimental to him for the future and meshing with the players who will be here. Not to mention starting the season a 3 win team creates a loser mentality.
And the reality is even if Fields starts the Bears right now have little to no talent on either side of the ball to win another game this season. So, yes start Fields but only if he is healthy.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I know some on here want fields to get the game reps but it’s clearly more important he sits on the sidelines and takes notes from Trevor semen on the quick pass game. Should do him wonders going into next year

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Playing hurt behind a bad O-line with no WR's is not good experience.

I hope they are smart enough to let him get healthy and then get GOOD experience with some quality teammates next season.

Two good new O-linemen and 2 good WR's to go with what they already have will give Fields a shot at learning how to play the game without trying to survive as a first priority.

GOOD experience, as opposed to "Run Justin, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!"

A bad O-line and no WR's is not good experience, what it is, is fun for the cheeseheads.

1. Sit Fields.
2. Lose games.
3. Clean house, coaches and front office.
4. Get some quality FA's and good draft picks for the new coaching staff to work with.
5. THEN let Justin get some solid experience with actual NFL caliber teammates and coaches.
They’re not gonna fire Poles and Eberflus after one season. Don’t be a fucking dipshit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who cares about the rivalry? Winning this game would be a massive failure. This team needs the highest pick possible.
Have you ever played on a team of anykind and were told by your coach to lose the game on purpose? I doubt if you ever have played on one to even suggest a professional team should tank its football games

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And the reality is even if Fields starts the Bears right now have little to no talent on either side of the ball to win another game this season. So, yes start Fields but only if he is healthy.
Yeah, if he is okay to play then hell yes he should play. And hopefully, they knock Rodgers out of the game and the Packers lose in the process.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They’re not gonna fire Poles and Eberflus after one season. Don’t be a fucking dipshit.

Dip shits like you allow the Mccaskeys to make money for feeding the fans an inferior product. Just keep limning up at the trough and keep slurping up the shit they feed you.

They have no reason to fire idiots like Poles and Eberflus as long at fools like you love bad football.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Dip shits like you allow the Mccaskeys to make money for feeding the fans an inferior product. Just keep limning up at the trough and keep slurping up the shit they feed you.

They have no reason to fire idiots like Poles and Eberflus as long at fools like you love bad football.
Fields looked pretty sharp. I don't know what the deal is with Rodgers cause he seemed to have a way more competent supporting cast and was just whiffing on several throws. that's still a team that can surprise you I guess. when you have a suspect defense like the Bears have now after unloading good players to save money and net more draft picks for next year, the Packers can pull some moves on you.

I don't know how you can classify the 2022 Bears as being "inferior product" when they were abused by the previous general manager. and yeah, you need to give Poles another season and Eberflus and Getsy another season as well. if NFL teams all did it your way every team would be like the latter day Al Davis Raiders.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
good talk. have a great day.

I'd still rather watch the 2022 Bears than the 2012 Bears. thanks

I'd rather watch an elderly woman do herself with a giant dildo than the 2012 Bears. But thanks so much for your input!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't know how so many Bears fans continue to hoodwink themselves into believing they're right there with the Packers. Until they prove it, I'm just going to assume the Packers are going to beat our Beloved. I don't understand any evidence to the contrary.

Two things can be true at once: A) Yes, it's a rebuilding year where we're not expecting them to win anyway, but also, (B) this game was winnable, and not winning it does hurt, and perpetuates the narrative of Fields not being able to pass when the game's on the line.

Two post-Packers thoughts:

1) If Aaron Rodgers moves on from Green Bay in the offseason, it will suck that there was no passing-of-the-torch moment, no tables-turning moment to end Rodgers career against the Bears. If this was Rodgers' last start against the Bears, it would've been really cool for Fields to get a win in Rodgers' exit game in the rivalry.

2) Ultimately, the #1 point hopefully won't matter in the end. If the Bears use the #2 pick wisely (either picking a game-wrecker or trading it for a boatload) and start plugging the holes in this team with gamechangers---and Fields continues to progress into at least a very nice young quarterback---that's all that really matters. Here's to hoping.