What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I said it didnt look good.. But I'm curious to how much this game will change the win% in the ESPN metric. Team win% is currently at 69%
Lol

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said it didnt look good.. But I'm curious to how much this game will change the win% in the ESPN metric. Team win% is currently at 69%

It's a cumulative "stat," so it isn't going to change much in the final two weeks.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
It's a cumulative "stat," so it isn't going to change much in the final two weeks.
i dont expect a huge change, it was only 21 pass attempts so the change would be relatively small, but curious either way.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i dont expect a huge change, it was only 21 pass attempts so the change would be relatively small, but curious either way.
They don’t look at pass attempts. They look at attempted pass play calls.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There is always a human element. Humans designed the ESPN system. They made decisions on what threholds to apply, how long is long distance, etc. So we are left with you just want to believe they are right and everyone else is wrong because it suits your narrative. So just say you are biased and will only consider info that supports your preconceived bias.
You do realize you constantly site PFF rankings as "stats," correct? The numbers are nothing more than subject opinions of often times football illiterate persons doing the rankings.

You aren't wrong about the ESPN system, but this post is the epitome of irony.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You do realize you constantly site PFF rankings as "stats," correct? The numbers are nothing more than subject opinions of often times football illiterate persons doing the rankings.

You aren't wrong about the ESPN system, but this post is the epitome of irony.

Yes some stats can be subjective. Dont recall claiming otherwise. Hurries for example is a subjective stat. What constitutes a hurry is subjective but it is also a stat since it recorded and aggregated in an organized manner.

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If people are wondering why more hasnt been done on the OL, its because they have the 2nd ranted OL and stuff

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I literally have no idea on how this is measured. These guys suck
I think you said this about the stat you just taught me about! :)

The problem is you have people looking at data without understanding the context. The Bears don't run a lot of true pass sets and when they do they certainly struggle in them.
I personally just wanted to bump this one because you are using some context here and I like that!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We are talking about defensive players. Not offensive centers that need assistance blocking. Thanks.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
We are talking about defensive players. Not offensive centers that need assistance blocking. Thanks.
It's the exact same ESPN stat but from the defensive metric. So we don't care about the offensive metric but the defensive metric is a good one? Thanks for teaching me about this stat that you don't care about!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Also good job showing that I actually used critical thinking and decided to research what the actual stat so nice job showing I can use critical thinking! Much appreciated.