What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You people are hilarious. I don't know why I bother. You're right. There are only two choices. Either the line is terrible and Fields is great, or the line is great and Fields is terrible. There is no chance that Fields can at times make the o-line look worse. There is no chance that the line has changed and played at varying degrees of quality over the season. Pick your side! There are only two choices! Bad or good! Fight fight fight!

No wonder every decent poster has long abandoned this place.

They are not good in true pass sets. I posted the data in post 75.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You people are hilarious. I don't know why I bother. You're right. There are only two choices. Either the line is terrible and Fields is great, or the line is great and Fields is terrible. There is no chance that Fields can at times make the o-line look worse. There is no chance that the line has changed and played at varying degrees of quality over the season. Pick your side! There are only two choices! Bad or good! Fight fight fight!

No wonder every decent poster has long abandoned this place.

There's no "Bad or good! Fight fight fight!". Just showing u footage of what JF has done for balance. Is that wrong??

There are only two choices. Either the line is terrible and Fields is great, or the line is great and Fields is terrible.

Ok so question..... given your statement above, what, where or how does your statement below fit your "two choice" narrative ???

"What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?" ? :cool:

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Our offense is not predicated on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO. So yes he will hold ball waiting for the route to develop. is not

There are checkdowns built into most plays. Fields doesnt like to take them as his preference is to attack downfield.

A 4th or 5th read check down doesn't constitute a offense predicated on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO

Key point here is we do not run a offense based on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO
-------

Fields doesnt like to take them as his preference is to attack downfield.

Where's your source for the statement above ?? And keep in mind getsy draws up the routes, as well as the playbook.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You cant do it.. thats the point.
Love is blind when it comes to Justin❤

There's no way an o-line could be progressing over the course of the year. I see nvan is going to his standard "dying on a hill" comment which is popular to say on ccs when you can't refute the source. In his mind, he's won. He cannot fathom there might be a lot of truth to the article. Obviously, ESPN wants Justin to look bad.

What are they going to say next year when it's the same. How can you keep defending a QB with less than 2,500 yards and passing 15 TDs?

Are we going to go with a second contract for $40M because he can break off a 50 yard periodically in another loss?

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A 4th or 5th read check down doesn't constitute a offense predicated on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO

Key point here is we do not run a offense based on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO
-------

Where's your source for the statement above ?? And keep in mind getsy draws up the routes, as well as the playbook.

Because when the quick passes are the first option he often time hesitates or is off on the pass. It is also well known from his college days thay he prefers to attack downfield. Throwing short is not natural for him. Some od his weaknesses noted.

• Field vision is average in face of the blitz.
  • Missed open blitz beaters in the middle of the field against Indiana.
  • Gradual operation time prevents expedited release.
  • Needs to release ball earlier on anticipatory throws.
These are not new issues for Fields. He holds the ball looking to throw downfield.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love is blind when it comes to Justin❤

There's no way an o-line could be progressing over the course of the year. I see nvan is going to his standard "dying on a hill" comment which is popular to say on ccs when you can't refute the source. In his mind, he's won. He cannot fathom there might be a lot of truth to the article. Obviously, ESPN wants Justin to look bad.

What are they going to say next year when it's the same. How can you keep defending a QB with less than 2,500 yards and passing TDs?

Are we going to go with a second contract for $40M because he can break off a 50 yard periodically in another loss?
You are about as wrong about a football player as it is humanly possible.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Because when the quick passes are the first option he often time hesitates or is off on the pass. It is also well known from his college days thay he prefers to attack downfield. Throwing short is not natural for him. Some od his weaknesses noted.

These are not new issues for Fields. He holds the ball looking to throw downfield.

1670814629852.png

Again.......Where's your source for the preference statement above i.e. an article, a getsy quote ??
And keep in mind getsy draws up the routes, as well as the playbook.

If u don't have a source as indicated above, no problem.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Key point here is Fields is not a fit for a WCO because he wants to throw downfield.

What is your source for a WCO being better for Fields?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
OK.....The separate box strategy. Sigh?

Fields holds the ball too long

Let the record show
.........Any deviation from the core point above i.e.:sneaky:?" What is your source for a WCO being better for Fields?"........is a strawman tactic. Juxtaposed with the "begging the question" tactic

The Bears do not utilize a 3 step and release type offensive scheme that allows a Qb to quickly release the ball.
Hence, The Qb has to wait for the 1st -3rd reads to get open, while an already poor pass pro OL gets stressed and suffers pocket collapsation. JF is then left use his improvisation skill set. (See footage provided post link #74 )

So we're back to........

We can not strawman this. We can not red herring this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. At this point we do not have a outside source ( i.e. an article, a getsy quote) for the down field preference statement. What we do know is ? ? getsy draws up the routes, as well as the playbook and calls the plays.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Proof that analytics can be dogshit.

Bears are a good runblocking team I'll give you that,. The OL is complete ass in pass pro though, among the worst in the league. Fields does hold the ball too long sometimes but he also makes the line look way less trash than they actually are by avoiding what would be a 100% sack on 29-30 other starting NFL qbs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@run and shoot no that is not the key. He is not built for a quick pass offense. His skill set is designed to hunt for big plays.

Even when we run quick plays he does not look comfortable executing them.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
@run and shoot no that is not the key. He is not built for a quick pass offense. His skill set is designed to hunt for big plays.

This is presumably not to say that he shouldn't try and need to improve there though in order to have more ways to beat a defense though, no? Mainly he needs to recognize/see the blitz, know where his hot read is and hit him quickly and decisively, which can be a big play in of itself.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is presumably not to say that he shouldn't try and need to improve there though in order to have more ways to beat a defense though, no? Mainly he needs to recognize/see the blitz, know where his hot read is and hit him quickly and decisively, which can be a big play in of itself.

Correct. He needs to improve on that but we are not going to install a WCO that doesnt accentuate his strengths.

Right now QB runs are serving as the quick passes in this O. Eventually you want less runs and more quick passes that will be safer for Fields but we arent going to suddenly run a WCO.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I’d ask what you’re smoking and how much to buy some off you because that’s some premium, heavy hitting shit…

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

This is dangerously close to hate speech here Remy, didn't you get the memo? You can't be critical of Fields he is the best ever and it's everybody else's fault..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Fields has to wait for the 1st -3rd reads to get open, while an already poor pass pro OL gets stressed and suffers pocket collapsation. JF is then left to use his improvisation skill set. (See footage provided post link #74 )

He is not built for a quick pass offense. His skill set is designed to hunt for big plays.
Thats your opinion and it has a strawman look to fit the "he holds the ball to long" narrative .
What we do know is ? ? getsy draws up the routes, as well as the playbook and calls the plays.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
here is trevors numbers..

Advanced Passing​

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSCmpAttYdsSkPktTimeBltzHrryHitsPrssPrss%ScrmYds/Scr
201928NYJQB191136322.6411450.0%0
202130NORQB1564108188115492.54720164522.5%37.3
202231CHIQB1521152618421.3431620.7%16.0

With 3 hurries, 6 pressures and a 20.7 pressure % and 2 sacks was a statistically a pretty good improvement over the average of what the jets have been dishing out, and also a big statistical jump over what the average has been for the Bears pressure of 26.8%

If our OL was as bad as you want it to be in defense of Fields then the Jets would of padded the defensive stats.. instead we hurt their averages and helped our own OL averages.

I'm sorry if you cant use the OL to defend fields anymore but it is what it is..
20.7% pressure % on 1.3 seconds pocket time is extremely bad. Like such an outlier its tough to find a comparison because no QB has had a season under 2 seconds of pocket time since PFR tracked the stat bad.