What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we all agree RT a C need to be addressed. Weather it's in house and gets better, or we sigh/ draft someone is up to Poles and not us. Some people say cut Patrick and Musty, but you can't cut both. It's more likely musty stays because his body pretty much has been able to play every Sunday. From there you hope someone rises up to be better and as dependable as he is. From there you sign some Tackle who has been better than Borum in his career and make him fight for his job, just like every Swing tackle should do.
I'd agree C & RT should be points of emphasis in regards to improving the OL. I think they're pretty done w/Borom...they wouldn't have played Reiff in his place if they weren't. With that being said he's still young at 23 and has flashed at times. However, he'll have to fight to hold his roster spot next year with another off-season to add young players to compete.

I'm hoping we get a chance to see Leatherwood start a few games these last four weeks and see what he's got at RT. If Leatherwood shines- I think that'll be it for Borom. Fair or unfair...he had his chance.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
20.7% pressure % on 1.3 seconds pocket time is extremely bad. Like such an outlier its tough to find a comparison because no QB has had a season under 2 seconds of pocket time since PFR tracked the stat bad.
It's not necessarily bad, the pocket time is when he throws or also when pressure gets there, Trevor is a guy that gets rid of the ball quick, so a lot of the lower time is based on his quickness and not always based on pressure. Now of course getting rid of the ball quickly will drop the pressure % down. But again going from 28% down to 20% is a huge drop. So maybe if Trevor holds the ball a little longer up around the 2 or 2.2 second mark the pressure numbers come up a bit as well.

I mean with the Packers game Fields also started getting the ball out quicker, not the ridiculous fast level of Trevor, but a lot faster then what he has done in the past, and it showed in the game and how much easier it was to move the ball

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
It's not necessarily bad, the pocket time is when he throws or also when pressure gets there, Trevor is a guy that gets rid of the ball quick, so a lot of the lower time is based on his quickness and not always based on pressure. Now of course getting rid of the ball quickly will drop the pressure % down. But again going from 28% down to 20% is a huge drop. So maybe if Trevor holds the ball a little longer up around the 2 or 2.2 second mark the pressure numbers come up a bit as well.

I mean with the Packers game Fields also started getting the ball out quicker, not the ridiculous fast level of Trevor, but a lot faster then what he has done in the past, and it showed in the game and how much easier it was to move the ball
I couldnt find a single QB with a pocket time under 2 seconds (I couldnt find a multiple QB list that had this stat though I had to go into each QBs individual page so let me know if you find a better resource to search this), let alone under 1.5s. 1.3 pocket time isnt explained by "Trevor gets rid of the ball quick" - thats 30% lower than the lowest of what his "gets rid of the ball quick" peers are coming in at. Siemian himself averaged 2.5s pocket time in the previous 7 games he played where PFR tracked the stat for comparison.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I couldnt find a single QB with a pocket time under 2 seconds, let alone under 1.5s. 1.3 pocket time isnt explained by "Trevor gets rid of the ball quick" - thats 30% lower than the lowest of what his "gets rid of the ball quick" peers are coming in at. Siemian himself averaged 2.5s pocket time in the previous 7 games he played where PFR tracked the stat for comparison.
If pressure was getting there in 1.3 seconds then the sacks would be 1000% worse, Trevor is not a guy that can evade like Fields does. The fact that the sack % went down means that the ridiculous pocket time was because he threw it fast and not really because of pressure

Or it's a typo and it should say 2.3 seconds

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
If pressure was getting there in 1.3 seconds then the sacks would be 1000% worse, Trevor is not a guy that can evade like Fields does. The fact that the sack % went down means that the ridiculous pocket time was because he threw it fast and not really because of pressure

Or it's a typo and it should say 2.3 seconds
Please tell me you arent really this stupid.

Edit: Ill email them and ask if its a typo though just to confirm.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Correct. He needs to improve on that but we are not going to install a WCO that doesnt accentuate his strengths.

Right now QB runs are serving as the quick passes in this O. Eventually you want less runs and more quick passes that will be safer for Fields but we arent going to suddenly run a WCO.

C'mon.....this is all a strawman talk about "we are not going to install a WCO that doesnt accentuate his strengths."

Fields but we arent going to suddenly run a WCO.
This is a strawman and red herring

No where did anyone say we should run a WCO
----------------------------------------------------

1670870459883.png

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is dangerously close to hate speech here Remy, didn't you get the memo? You can't be critical of Fields he is the best ever and it's everybody else's fault..

No I end up debating you and @run and shoot because you are at opposite ends of the spectrum. You blame Fields too muvh and he blames Fields too little.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@run and shoot
You dont know what a strawman is. A strawman is if I made up an argument claimed it was your argument and refuted it.

I am sharing my opinion. I never made claims about your opinion. At no point did I claim you said we are going to run a WCO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

We scored less points against the Jets and Packers.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Please tell me you arent really this stupid.

Edit: Ill email them and ask if its a typo though just to confirm.
let me know what they say, 1.3 seconds would be an unblocked defender like every play, and we know thats not what happened

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
We scored less points against the Jets and Packers.
So, Fields ran less. he is an elite talent at running.. his passing skills need work (although even with the 2 int the passing game against the packers looked a lot better) but this is not a debate on weather he should do everything with his legs vs arm.. its about the OL

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
let me know what they say, 1.3 seconds would be an unblocked defender like every play, and we know thats not what happened
"the Pocket Time statistic for Trevor Siemian's 2022 season currently shown on our website is accurate. Pocket Time is the average time the QB had in the pocket between the snap and throwing the ball or pressure collapses the pocket."

Kind of a throw away answer because they literally copy pasted the definition of Pocket time found on their website but at least it was quick.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So, Fields ran less. he is an elite talent at running.. his passing skills need work (although even with the 2 int the passing game against the packers looked a lot better) but this is not a debate on weather he should do everything with his legs vs arm.. its about the OL
Fields didn’t play the jets

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Key point here is Fields is not a fit for a WCO because he wants to throw downfield.

What is your source for a WCO being better for Fields?
Strawman

Key point here is we do not run a offense based on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO
Let the record show.........Any deviation from the core point above i.e.:sneaky:?" What is your source for a WCO being better for Fields?"........is a strawman tactic. Juxtaposed with the "begging the question" tactic

Correct. He needs to improve on that but we are not going to install a WCO that doesnt accentuate his strengths.

Right now QB runs are serving as the quick passes in this O. Eventually you want less runs and more quick passes that will be safer for Fields but we arent going to suddenly run a WCO.

Continued Strawman

@run and shoot
You dont know what a strawman is. A strawman is if I made up an argument claimed it was your argument and refuted it.

I am sharing my opinion. I never made claims about your opinion. At no point did I claim you said we are going to run a WCO.

C'mon.....this is all a strawman talk about "we are not going to install a WCO that doesnt accentuate his strengths."

This is a strawman and red herring

No where did anyone say we should run a WCO
----------------------------------------------------

Our offense is not predicated on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO. So yes he will hold the ball waiting for the route to develop........Key point here is we do not run a offense based on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO

You intentionally misrepresented the statements above. In the end you use red herring, distracting, diverting, changing the subject tactics to buoy your "he holds the ball to long" narrative. Sigh...I get it, u have to be right and the other person wrong

Last edited: