What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

mbison

Liked Posts:

2nd in Pass Block Win Rate, tied for 2nd in Run block win rate.

Discuss.

Because the coaching staff has done an excellent job of protecting them by rolling Fields outside of the pocket ever down. If they called plays where field’s simply dropped back to pass they would be the worst

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Because the coaching staff has done an excellent job of protecting them by rolling Fields outside of the pocket ever down. If they called plays where field’s simply dropped back to pass they would be the worst

That's a nice theory but this accounts for roll outs and moving pockets. So...no.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People feel the need to shit on the entire offense as a defense mechanism for Fields. Its okay to say they aren't as bad as you expected them to be. Think the WRs have been the bigger issue

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's a nice theory but this accounts for roll outs and moving pockets. So...no.
Do you have any opinion on this ranking or are you just blindly believing that the Bears are the 2nd best pass blocking team in the NFL?

BTW they also have their pass rush win rate at 21st and their run stop rate at 9th.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Do you have any opinion on this ranking or are you just blindly believing that the Bears are the 2nd best pass blocking team in the NFL?

BTW they also have their pass rush win rate at 21st and their run stop rate at 9th.

I've said the entire season the Bears o-line is better than Bears fans think. I don't think it's the 2nd best line in the NFL, but it's far from the disaster most make it out to be, outside a few games when injuries were the biggest factor.

And the defensive numbers tell me the d-line is in the right spot but don't necessarily make the play, and our pass rush is bad? The tricky part about this analysis is that for an offensive lineman his only job is to block, where as for a defensive player it's to beat or take on a block and they also have to make a tackle. So a player can be good at being where he's supposed to be but not good at making stops.

Which pretty much jives with what I've seen.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
If you believe this I’d say you clearly don’t watch other teams let alone bears games

So it's just made up then? I'm not saying it should be taken as gospel, but maybe like I've said all season the majority of football fans have zero idea how to evaluate offensive lineman?

And I've watched every Bears game, most of them multiple times, and countless other games, so, no. These numbers track with what I've seen for the most part.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've said the entire season the Bears o-line is better than Bears fans think. I don't think it's the 2nd best line in the NFL, but it's far from the disaster most make it out to be, outside a few games when injuries were the biggest factor.

And the defensive numbers tell me the d-line is in the right spot but don't necessarily make the play, and our pass rush is bad? The tricky part about this analysis is that for an offensive lineman his only job is to block, where as for a defensive player it's to beat or take on a block and they also have to make a tackle. So a player can be good at being where he's supposed to be but not good at making stops.

Which pretty much jives with what I've seen.
So we cant take you seriously. Thanks.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we all agree RT a C need to be addressed. Weather it's in house and gets better, or we sigh/ draft someone is up to Poles and not us. Some people say cut Patrick and Musty, but you can't cut both. It's more likely musty stays because his body pretty much has been able to play every Sunday. From there you hope someone rises up to be better and as dependable as he is. From there you sign some Tackle who has been better than Borum in his career and make him fight for his job, just like every Swing tackle should do.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Same article only has Whitehair and Mustifer ranked in their top 10s. I think that's enough about that article.
At one point in the season they had Mustipher with 100% win rate with literal film of him getting tossed on his ass and having plays blown up.

ESPN analytics are proof that dorks should still get bullied.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
At one point in the season they had Mustipher with 100% win rate with literal film of him getting tossed on his ass and having plays blown up.

ESPN analytics are proof that dorks should still get bullied.

Or maybe the o-line isn't that bad. The offense has been very effective since the Washington game. Really, they moved the ball effectively in that game but didn't execute in the red zone. They've been a quality running team all season. They've been an efficient passing team for much of the season.

Maybe the offense isn't that far away?