What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

mbison

Liked Posts:
That's a nice theory but this accounts for roll outs and moving pockets. So...no.

No it accounts for blocking. If fields isnt in the pocket and rolling out running 10 times a game. How is he getting sacked?? Learn footbal

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because the coaching staff has done an excellent job of protecting them by rolling Fields outside of the pocket ever down. If they called plays where field’s simply dropped back to pass they would be the worst

Exactly. Its why you can't just read a stat line in the NFL and get the whole story - this isn't baseball.

You can't tell me we have the 2nd best line in the NFL when in back to back games we had Sam Mustipher doing his best impression of a Madden glitch and run to the sidelines on a snap without blocking a SOUL.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Exactly. Its why you can't just read a stat line in the NFL and get the whole story - this isn't baseball.

You can't tell me we have the 2nd best line in the NFL when in back to back games we had Sam Mustipher doing his best impression of a Madden glitch and run to the sidelines on a snap without blocking a SOUL.

That's not what this is. Maybe read the methodology before criticizing it.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
No it accounts for blocking. If fields isnt in the pocket and rolling out running 10 times a game. How is he getting sacked?? Learn footbal

No, it takes roll outs into account. Many of Fields' sacks are because of him. I am a fan, but that is the reality.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What if I told you the bears are calling roll outs for both Justin fields and the o line. Some of the sacks are in fields for holding the ball too long, but to think the bears have the 2nd best o line in football is actually laughable. Do they have a single pro bowl player on this line? Did I see that some of these metrics have same mustipher as a top 10 center???? Lmao.

I’ve seen tackles throw mustipher into a guard and effectively lose the snap for himself and the guard.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Because the coaching staff has done an excellent job of protecting them by rolling Fields outside of the pocket ever down. If they called plays where field’s simply dropped back to pass they would be the worst
except they weren't the worst when Trevor was dropping back now where they? against a top ranked pass rushing D no less.

Its Ok for the OL to be better the advertised, this need to throw every player not named Fields under the bus is dumb.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think they've improved quite a bit and are probably middle of the pack. There are lines like the Eagles, Cowboys, Chiefs, Lions that I would say are clearly better but they have been playing better in recent weeks. I think Jones turned a corner about a month ago which is huge for the franchise.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Braxton Jones has improved so much over the season.
Reiff is much better than Borom.
Whitehair/Jenkins have been avg to damn good

There’s a fucking black hole in the middle though. It sets up the play for failure from the snap.
The OL is only as good as the weakest link. Getsy has done a decent job at helping it out by keeping the RBs back to block, etc.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
except they weren't the worst when Trevor was dropping back now where they? against a top ranked pass rushing D no less.

Its Ok for the OL to be better the advertised, this need to throw every player not named Fields under the bus is dumb.
We’ve already been through this. Trevor dropped back 25 times, he was sacked twice, pressured 11 times, threw an int and only accounted for 10 points. It wasn’t a good game for the OL

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We’ve already been through this. Trevor dropped back 25 times, he was sacked twice, pressured 11 times, threw an int and only accounted for 10 points. It wasn’t a good game for the OL
Yeah but think about how valuable it was for Justin to sit and watch. The next week zero sacks. COINCIDENCE?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What if I told you the bears are calling roll outs for both Justin fields and the o line. Some of the sacks are in fields for holding the ball too long, but to think the bears have the 2nd best o line in football is actually laughable. Do they have a single pro bowl player on this line? Did I see that some of these metrics have same mustipher as a top 10 center???? Lmao.

I’ve seen tackles throw mustipher into a guard and effectively lose the snap for himself and the guard.
I'd almost make the argument for Tevin Jenkins. I'm trying to thing of several guards in the NFC that are clearly better.

Anyways. This group does not pass the eyeball test in pass protection. Nowhere near #2 IMO. Pretty good at run blocking.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

"Our pass block win rate metric conveys the rate linemen can sustain their blocks for 2.5 seconds or longer."

11/25 passing attempts had pressures which includes the 2 sacks. 11/25 passing attempts equals 44%. The Dallas Cowboys have the league's highest pressure rate at 29.3%. The Bears as a team have a season pressure rate of 26.8%.

I am confused by your conclusions.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What if I told you that I have a 14” long dong?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini