What if I told You the Bears O-line is the 2nd best in the NFL?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I understand its strange for someone to post an opinion and be able to back up his reasoning with statistical data here at ccs.. but its actually kind of normal outside of this clown show..

You're funny.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I understand its strange for someone to post an opinion and be able to back up his reasoning with statistical data here at ccs.. but its actually kind of normal outside of this clown show..
Nah. What's strange is continuing to double down, when it should be clear to any rational person looking at things in context that it's a bad take. But be you.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Threads like this, and some of the asinine arguments supporting it, is why some webmasters/mods end up turning to booze. Holy shit.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nah. What's strange is continuing to double down, when it should be clear to any rational person looking at things in context that it's a bad take. But be you.
its your opinion its a bad take but cant seem to back up that opinion now can you?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
its your opinion its a bad take but cant seem to back up that opinion no can you?
Lol. It's hilarious that you think I'd do this with you, when you've been going back and forth with others for 2 weeks about this. I really don't care about your opinions, or wasting my time trying to change your perspective on something that should be patently obvious to anyone with a brain.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Lol. It's hilarious that you think I'd do this with you, when you've been going back and forth with others for 2 weeks about this. I really don't care about your opinions, or wasting my time trying to change your perspective on something that should be patently obvious to anyone with a brain.
You cant do it.. thats the point.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Even with your cherry picked stats it still doesn’t help your argument

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not only that, but the entirety of his argument is based on ONE game. One game where the oline gave up lots of pressures regardless, somehow proves that the oline is fine, and it's Justin Fields' fault.

If you base any opinion on one game, you can come up with lots of fun conclusions. In fact, based on one game vs. Tampa in 2018, I can proudly proclaim that Mitch Trubisky is a hall of fame QB. :ROFLMAO:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not only that, but the entirety of his argument is based on ONE game. One game where the oline gave up lots of pressures regardless, somehow proves that the oline is fine, and it's Justin Fields' fault.

If you base any opinion on one game, you can come up with lots of fun conclusions. In fact, based on one game vs. Tampa in 2018, I can proudly proclaim that Mitch Trubisky is a hall of fame QB. :ROFLMAO:
And it was more like one half of one game

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

2nd in Pass Block Win Rate, tied for 2nd in Run block win rate.

Discuss.

Think the run block win rate makes sense when you compare to the results actually on the field. I think the pass block win rate is inflated the Bears move the pocket a lot which naturally means defenders are likely too take longer to beat their blocks because the QB is on the move. This is born out by the fact if you look at metrics on blocking on true pass sets vs pass sets where the QB is on the move or uses play action, the Bears are much worse blocking in true pass sets.

Having said that, it is also the case that Fields holds the ball too long sometimes but that is his skill set so ultimately we need an OL that is going to hold up longer so that Fields can get the ball downfield. It doesn't really matter if you held your block for 2.5 seconds if the play call is such that you are doing a 7 step drop because you want to get the ball downfield.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

2nd in Pass Block Win Rate, tied for 2nd in Run block win rate.

Discuss.

So u refuse to address the collapsing pocket we all see. U refuse to admit the collapsing pocket forces JF to run for his
life and or become a play-maker. Have u ever thought that it's JF who makes the OL look better than what it is??

Pocket collapsing
and look what happens :love: ?:cool:

--------------------------------------------

Justin Fields' Herculean escape nets 13-yard gain on third .

pay close to this footage one below

Justin Fields' spinning escape from chaos yields first down

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Think the run block win rate makes sense when you compare to the results actually on the field. I think the pass block win rate is inflated the Bears move the pocket a lot which naturally means defenders are likely too take longer to beat their blocks because the QB is on the move. This is born out by the fact if you look at metrics on blocking on true pass sets vs pass sets where the QB is on the move or uses play action, the Bears are much worse blocking in true pass sets.

Having said that, it is also the case that Fields holds the ball too long sometimes but that is his skill set so ultimately we need an OL that is going to hold up longer so that Fields can get the ball downfield. It doesn't really matter if you held your block for 2.5 seconds if the play call is such that you are doing a 7 step drop because you want to get the ball downfield.

Our offense is not predicated on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO. So yes he will hold the ball waiting for the route to develop. Key point here is we do not run a offense based on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO

Last edited:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
So u refuse to address the collapsing pocket we all see. U refuse to admit the collapsing pocket forces JF to run for his
life and or become a play-maker. Have u ever thought that it's JF who makes the OL look better than what it is??

Pocket collapsing
and look what happens :love: ?:cool:

--------------------------------------------

Justin Fields' Herculean escape nets 13-yard gain on third .

pay close to this footage one below

Justin Fields' spinning escape from chaos yields first down

You people are hilarious. I don't know why I bother. You're right. There are only two choices. Either the line is terrible and Fields is great, or the line is great and Fields is terrible. There is no chance that Fields can at times make the o-line look worse. There is no chance that the line has changed and played at varying degrees of quality over the season. Pick your side! There are only two choices! Bad or good! Fight fight fight!

No wonder every decent poster has long abandoned this place.

mecha

Liked Posts:
you can be led to believe the Bears offensive line is better than it really is if you only watch highlight videos.

about 99% of everyone coming out with these theories clearly don't watch actual games.

I'm a Bears fan, I don't care that they're playing poorly and I don't need positive reinforcement to get through my week. it's what you should expect when the team has been run by some big picture thinking clown for 7 years that overlooks actual problems right in front of him. oh, and just spends more creating a new problem in an effort to fix the first problem.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Our offense is not predicated on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO. So yes the will hold ball waiting for the route to develop. Key point here is we do not run a offense based on the quick passing game i.e. the WCO

There are checkdowns built into most plays. Fields doesnt like to take them as his preference is to attack downfield.