What if Robinson and/or Mooney had held onto the ball?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you shitting on Nagy rn for trying to run with Fields? Cause that seems dumb. Seems pretty obvious Fields will get a run here an there.

Frothing rage at Nagy coming outta this game is kinda dumb.

That's all some here do

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Fields looked like a rookie, but I don’t think anyone but the most homer-ish of fans believed he would just come in and dominate. Struggling is part of the process—I would just rather that process start sooner than later.

That said, I think if Robinson and/or Mooney hold onto those deep balls, at least one of which was a sure touchdown, the narrative changes a little in Fields’ direction.

If those catches are made, I don’t even think there’s a question about next week and beyond—It’s Fields. As it stands now, though, Nagy could easily pull up the side-by-side comparison stats and say, “See, this is why he needs to wait.”

It’s a bit of a misnomer, though, because there will be ebbs and flows. There will be struggles. There will be good games and bad games.

That said, I think if Robinson and/or Mooney hold onto those deep balls, at least one of which was a sure touchdown, the narrative changes a little in Fields’ direction.

this right here

mbison

Liked Posts:
Fields looked like a rookie, but I don’t think anyone but the most homer-ish of fans believed he would just come in and dominate. Struggling is part of the process—I would just rather that process start sooner than later.

If those catches are made, I don’t even think there’s a question about next week and beyond—It’s Fields. As it stands now, though, Nagy could easily pull up the side-by-side comparison stats and say, “See, this is why he needs to wait.”

It’s a bit of a misnomer, though, because there will be ebbs and flows. There will be struggles. There will be good games and bad games.
How exactly did he look like a rookie??? Burrow threw 3 picks. I’ve seen Russel Wilson throw 4 in an NFC Championship game. Rodgers threw 2 last week. Stuff happens. The bottom line in his receivers dropped 2 passes and he had a horrible int call. Stuff happens.
He still made plays when he had to. I’ve come to the conclusion a lot of bears fans just don’t have a good education

jc456

Liked Posts:
How exactly did he look like a rookie??? Burrow threw 3 picks. I’ve seen Russel Wilson throw 4 in an NFC Championship game. Rodgers threw 2 last week. Stuff happens. The bottom line in his receivers dropped 2 passes and he had a horrible int call. Stuff happens.
He still made plays when he had to. I’ve come to the conclusion a lot of bears fans just don’t have a good education
That interference call wasn’t half as offensive as their last td!! And….. no fking call, bias refereeing as usual! Happens every fking week.

Dallas getting every call, bias refereeing. It’s obvious

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dalton needs to stay out. I'd never go out with a so called "stiff knee", "knee tightness" or what ever. Hell I had a broken finger once, playing fb. No knew one but me. I wasn't coming out. As the kids say "he (Dalton) ain't about that life"
It's Fields time. ? ;)

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
He can learn alot and still get snaps more and more as he transitions
I had concerns last week when Dalton made some boneheaded plays but he looked good today so really there is no point rushing it
He looked like a rookie by throwing a pic in his own end directly into a guy he should’ve seen. He looked like a rookie by getting two false start penalties.
he also looked like a guy who could benefit from reps with the starters so their timing would be better.
It’s ok to admit he looked like a rookie. Doesn’t mean he’s bad or a bust or any other ridiculous thing, just means he needs some reps.

jc456

Liked Posts:
He looked like a rookie by throwing a pic in his own end directly into a guy he should’ve seen. He looked like a rookie by getting two false start penalties.
he also looked like a guy who could benefit from reps with the starters so their timing would be better.
It’s ok to admit he looked like a rookie. Doesn’t mean he’s bad or a bust or any other ridiculous thing, just means he needs some reps.
He looked like a rookie that won

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Dalton needs to stay out. I'd never go out with a so called "stiff knee", "knee tightness" or what ever. Hell I had a broken finger once, playing fb. No knew one but me. I wasn't coming out. As the kids say "he (Dalton) ain't about that life"
It's Fields time. ? ;)
You're a dope. I assume too many concussions explains a lot about you

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is if you think they have no chance this year. As most of us do. But Nagy can’t think that. He has to think they have a shot. And Dalton, showed today he is the best chance we have at winning right now. Fields can and probably will be better, but right now Dalton is better.

If you have confidence in Fields, Then you should think he’s going To study the film correct his problems and progress. After, 2 weeks starting you should see a significant improvement and not repeated mistakes. The Bears need Fields to be ready come playoff time. The sooner he starts the better Dalton has no chance once the playoffs start.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Robinson definitely should have caught his, Mooney's was pretty much uncatchable. They should not be grouped together.
The end zone throw to Mooney might have been uncatchable, but Mooney dropped another pass earlier in that game that would have been a nice gain.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A Rob is a top 20 WR but will never be top 10.

I think the only reason Mike Furry has a job is because he has a lot of energy and jumps around a lot.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Robinson has to make that catch, and he usually does. The interception was bad, he got fooled by the coverage. The false starts are unacceptable. He played better than the numbers say, but he's got some stuff to clean up.
yes, the interception was bad, but every QB has made that same mistake he made on that play. False starts? we have no idea who was at fault, him or the center.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If you have confidence in Fields, Then you should think he’s going To study the film correct his problems and progress. After, 2 weeks starting you should see a significant improvement and not repeated mistakes. The Bears need Fields to be ready come playoff time. The sooner he starts the better Dalton has no chance once the playoffs start.
To me, this is still far too unrealistic. That would have him on a path to be one of the best QBs in the league by mid-season.

He’s going to make mistakes, some of them multiple times. He will look bad at times. As long as the LONG-TERM arrow is pointing up, it’s good.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Rodney Adams would have caught those passes.
Or Jesper Horsted, right? Point taken.

I'm reminded of that preseason play with Fields flushing out toward the right sideline, then hitting Jesper Horsted with a dime in the endzone for a touchdown. We probably don't remember that play if Horsted doesn't make the great catch.

KoaTheBearFan

Liked Posts:
Or Jesper Horsted, right? Point taken.

I'm reminded of that preseason play with Fields flushing out toward the right sideline, then hitting Jesper Horsted with a dime in the endzone for a touchdown. We probably don't remember that play if Horsted doesn't make the great catch.
ARob is not happy with his contract situation. He’s not giving 100%. Mooney is outplaying him at this point. It doesn’t seem like Goodwin is an upgrade at WR. I would like to see what Perriman can do.