What if Robinson and/or Mooney had held onto the ball?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
The ball to AR was 100% catchable. Worst drop I've seen him have. There was also that deep sideline pass to Mooney that should have been caught. those two make the stat-line look a lot better. Deep ball was about 32 yards. The TD was like 35 yards.

If your starting WRs play like starting WRs, your Justin Fields stats should be 8/13 127 yards 1TD 1INT. One horrible throw. A couple redundant and learnable penalties. Actually, if Mooney catches the sideline pass, you don't get the fumble either.

Fields did fine. Outside of a terrible INT he wasn't a hindrance. The third down run on 3rd and 9 where he sheds a tackle was huge. This is one of those cases where the stats dont tell the whole story.
I think 2 passes to mooney were dropped or just out of reach. The play calling is still horrendous and I don't blame Fields entirely.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think 2 passes to mooney were dropped or just out of reach. The play calling is still horrendous and I don't blame Fields entirely.
One of them def was dropped. Again, i think two big catches completely changes the complexion of how Fields looked yesterday.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bernstein on the Score just said the same thing i've been the past day. If Robinson catches that TD it completely changes the complexion of that game.

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
Objective Chiefs fan opinion here.

Best thing the Bears could do for Fields's development? Get rid of Matt Nagy. Dude sucks, and it's time for the Bears to move on.

They finally have a superbly talented young QB with some "it" factor, and every second he's coaching him is slowing his development.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
If you have confidence in Fields, Then you should think he’s going To study the film correct his problems and progress. After, 2 weeks starting you should see a significant improvement and not repeated mistakes. The Bears need Fields to be ready come playoff time. The sooner he starts the better Dalton has no chance once the playoffs start.
The Bears won’t be anywhere near the playoffs. And why would I have confidence in Fields, he’s a rookie.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Why the hell would you hope this?
Yeah ik you want to watch Fields I get it but the kid can't be harmed by watching Dalton and Dalton appears he might be good so why rush the kid in
I want ta see the kid as well but hoping one of our players stays injured jfc
Cry me a frikken river. There is nothing Dalton can show JFs that he wouldnt be better off learning himself through actual in game experience.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Objective Chiefs fan opinion here.

Best thing the Bears could do for Fields's development? Get rid of Matt Nagy. Dude sucks, and it's time for the Bears to move on.

They finally have a superbly talented young QB with some "it" factor, and every second he's coaching him is slowing his development.
I love you man.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So? Once he proves himself, I won’t have to believe anything.
What is your exact point? I don’t wanna assume anything but I don’t really understand if you are saying Fields should start or he should go back to the bench?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cry me a frikken river. There is nothing Dalton can show JFs that he wouldnt be better off learning himself through actual in game experience.
You obviously have some sort of brane injury hoping a player on your team stays injured unlike you I hope your brane injury heals perfectly and fast
Get well soon

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How exactly did he look like a rookie??? Burrow threw 3 picks. I’ve seen Russel Wilson throw 4 in an NFC Championship game. Rodgers threw 2 last week. Stuff happens. The bottom line in his receivers dropped 2 passes and he had a horrible int call. Stuff happens.
He still made plays when he had to. I’ve come to the conclusion a lot of bears fans just don’t have a good education
and others are in denial.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The end zone throw to Mooney might have been uncatchable, but Mooney dropped another pass earlier in that game that would have been a nice gain.
To me, it's amazing how much shit Mooney is getting for turning on the jets and making that out of reach throw look better than it was.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If you have confidence in Fields, Then you should think he’s going To study the film correct his problems and progress. After, 2 weeks starting you should see a significant improvement and not repeated mistakes. The Bears need Fields to be ready come playoff time. The sooner he starts the better Dalton has no chance once the playoffs start.
That’s aggressive. I’ve watched some great QBs struggle a lot longer than that. Brees basically blew for three years. Manning threw a ton of picks his rookie year. Young was rough early on. I was at Luck’s first regular season start as a pro and he threw three picks to the Bears that day. Every situation is different. I hope this ludicrous fan base gives the guy some room to grow and improve before deciding what his whole career arc will look like.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
What is your exact point? I don’t wanna assume anything but I don’t really understand if you are saying Fields should start or he should go back to the bench?
My first point was that Nagy was right, he wasn’t ready. And Dalton gave them a better chance to win a game, at least for now.

The OP says that although Fields is not ready, they should start the process sooner rather than later. My point there was that if you’re Nagy and do that, you’re throwing away the season, or saying that it doesn’t matter, because Dalton gives you a better chance at winning right now. And a HC main job is to win every game, and have the best players on the field to do it.

So, although I absolutely loathe Nagy and think he’s an idiot. I’m acknowledging he was right on this.
I personally think he should start, because the Bears are not winning anything this year, but still think Dalton, at least from what I saw in the last game, give them a better chance at winning every game, for now.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
To me, it's amazing how much shit Mooney is getting for turning on the jets and making that out of reach throw look better than it was.
Give them more practice together, and I’m sure that’s a completed pass more often than not. Hope we get to see Mooney’s jets stretching a defense deep instead of trying to get YAC after a bunch of short passes…

msadows

Liked Posts:
Give them more practice together, and I’m sure that’s a completed pass more often than not. Hope we get to see Mooney’s jets stretching a defense deep instead of trying to get YAC after a bunch of short passes…

Didn't they connect on a similar route later on in the game?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are people giving him shit? I can’t speak for anyone else but in my case, I’m just calling it a drop, which it is. Nothing more, nothing less. Speed WRs do that. They hit the jets and catch balls.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Are people giving him shit? I can’t speak for anyone else but in my case, I’m just calling it a drop, which it is. Nothing more, nothing less. Speed WRs do that. They hit the jets and catch balls.

I'm pretty sure mooney makes that catch that Arob dropped. Pick whichever one you like, the jumpball or the deep shot. I think he comes down with both.