Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
C'mon man.

Trubisky didn't want to be here any more than the Bears wanted him. That was just a bad marriage that needed to end for everyone. And Mariota is still a Raider. We don't know if they would trade him and what that would cost. If you want to be upset over the moves the Bears make thats fine..... but don't be upset and compare them to things that aren't real options.
There were no good options in FA at QB, which is true every single year, so why get a guy that is not discernibly better than Foles? To say otherwise is just wrong. AD has better stats, but is just a loser, NF is meh ,but has won a SB and is 4-2 in the playoffs.

So what's the point?

So you can roll out a tweet that you have a shiny new QB1 a week later? He is no better than a QB 2 on any team at this point in his career and has been 24-40 over the last 5 seasons.

For me , it's not AD vs Wilson/ pre rub and tug Watson.

It's Dalton and a rookie minus $10M in cap vs Foles and a rookie., or God forbid Foles and Dalton.

If you expect the Bear to draft an heir apparent QB, why pay Dalton and waste cap space?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
C'mon man.

Trubisky didn't want to be here any more than the Bears wanted him. That was just a bad marriage that needed to end for everyone. And Mariota is still a Raider. We don't know if they would trade him and what that would cost. If you want to be upset over the moves the Bears make thats fine..... but don't be upset and compare them to things that aren't real options.

I wouldn't waste your energy. There is a section here of the fan base that never wants the quarterback position to be fixed because they would run out of things to bitch about.

In all seriousness though, there is a large amount of Bears fans who don't understand the value of a quarterback.

It's really damn obvious when you look at the people who still worship Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman.

Even the so-called great Jim McMahon was just okay.

Many people who follow the Bears don't look at other teams other than on Sunday and don't really pay much attention. They don't know what average to slightly above average quarterback play even looks like.

And their brains are so tiny they can only think in binary: either a quarterback is great or he sucks.

Because that is all they know. They know sucky quarterbacks and then they get reminded of the great ones whenever the Bears get paddled by one.

Very few understand that Dalton is a slightly above average quarterback. In fact for the longest time, he was the measuring stick for whether or not you knew you had a franchise quarterback in that if your quarterback was even slightly better than Dalton, you had a franchise quarterback. That was the comparison for many many years.

Saying that doesn't mean anyone is venerating Dalton or saying he is a great quarterback or a franchise quarterback.

But the pea brains in here don't understand nuance.

they don't understand that you can have a quarterback who isn't a franchise caliber quarterback, but also doesn't suck. It doesn't compute with them. That's because the Bears never had a franchise quarterback and the only quarterbacks they've ever had it have all sucked.

The closest the Bears have ever even come is Jay Cutler, who at times played at a level a franchise quarterback plays at, but then other times and often in the same game would sink to the same crappy depths as every other Bears quarterback in history.

Just having a stable decent quarterback and surrounding that quarterback with protection and some weapons will absolutely guarantee you a 9 and 7 record or even a 10 and 6 record in this parity League.

The playoffs are where franchise quarterbacks make their money anyway.

now if people want to argue based on Dalton's history that the Bears probably won't win a playoff game?

There's history there so I'll entertain that.

but the doom and gloomers who are predicting 5 and 11 records are 6 and 10 records that are not really based on anything other than their own raw emotion and pure seething hatred for the Chicago bears, the mccaskeys, Ryan pace, and Matt Nagy, to them I say you bunch of fucking morons, good luck with that prediction!

Because that bunch of salty emo bastards are going to be in for a surprise.

So long as the line holds up and the receivers stay healthy, the Bears are going to have a good season.

That's what I'm banking on. Because unlike a lot of people here, I know the value of even a slightly above average quarterback in this offense.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
andy dalton has been in the same tier as nick foles for a couple seasons now. he didn’t exactly light the world on fire last season in dallas with a loaded offense did he?

edit: lol changed “loser” to loaded

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There were no good options in FA at QB, which is true every single year, so why get a guy that is not discernibly better than Foles? To say otherwise is just wrong. AD has better stats, but is just a loser, NF is meh ,but has won a SB and is 4-2 in the playoffs.

So what's the point?

So you can roll out a tweet that you have a shiny new QB1 a week later? He is no better than a QB 2 on any team at this point in his career and has been 24-40 over the last 5 seasons.

For me , it's not AD vs Wilson/ pre rub and tug Watson.

It's Dalton and a rookie minus $10M in cap vs Foles and a rookie., or God forbid Foles and Dalton.

If you expect the Bear to draft an heir apparent QB, why pay Dalton and waste cap space?

Get over it already

Tired of having the same stupid fucking conversation.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I wouldn't waste your energy. There is a section here of the fan base that never wants the quarterback position to be fixed because they would run out of things to bitch about.

In all seriousness though, there is a large amount of Bears fans who don't understand the value of a quarterback.

It's really damn obvious when you look at the people who still worship Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman.

Even the so-called great Jim McMahon was just okay.

Many people who follow the Bears don't look at other teams other than on Sunday and don't really pay much attention. They don't know what average to slightly above average quarterback play even looks like.

And their brains are so tiny they can only think in binary: either a quarterback is great or he sucks.

Because that is all they know. They know sucky quarterbacks and then they get reminded of the great ones whenever the Bears get paddled by one.

Very few understand that Dalton is a slightly above average quarterback. In fact for the longest time, he was the measuring stick for whether or not you knew you had a franchise quarterback in that if your quarterback was even slightly better than Dalton, you had a franchise quarterback. That was the comparison for many many years.

Saying that doesn't mean anyone is venerating Dalton or saying he is a great quarterback or a franchise quarterback.

But the pea brains in here don't understand nuance.

they don't understand that you can have a quarterback who isn't a franchise caliber quarterback, but also doesn't suck. It doesn't compute with them. That's because the Bears never had a franchise quarterback and the only quarterbacks they've ever had it have all sucked.

The closest the Bears have ever even come is Jay Cutler, who at times played at a level a franchise quarterback plays at, but then other times and often in the same game would sink to the same crappy depths as every other Bears quarterback in history.

Just having a stable decent quarterback and surrounding that quarterback with protection and some weapons will absolutely guarantee you a 9 and 7 record or even a 10 and 6 record in this parity League.

The playoffs are where franchise quarterbacks make their money anyway.

now if people want to argue based on Dalton's history that the Bears probably won't win a playoff game?

There's history there so I'll entertain that.

but the doom and gloomers who are predicting 5 and 11 records are 6 and 10 records that are not really based on anything other than their own raw emotion and pure seething hatred for the Chicago bears, the mccaskeys, Ryan pace, and Matt Nagy, to them I say you bunch of fucking morons, good luck with that prediction!

Because that bunch of salty emo bastards are going to be in for a surprise.

So long as the line holds up and the receivers stay healthy, the Bears are going to have a good season.

That's what I'm banking on. Because unlike a lot of people here, I know the value of even a slightly above average quarterback in this offense.
above average QBs would produce more than dalton did last season in dallas. what andy dalton was “a couple years ago” could not be more irrelevant to the present. im sorry to burst your bubble.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Easy peazy. Stop making the same stupid fucking argument. And stop being triggered by those that find the Andy Dalton move less than genius.

You didn't even reply to what we were talking about. We get it.... you're still upset. Go cry about it somewhere else.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
above average QBs would produce more than dalton did last season in dallas. what andy dalton was “a couple years ago” could not be more irrelevant to the present. im sorry to burst your bubble.
Don't worry Pace is going to shock the NFL world by drafting an early round QB despite having franchise Andy Dalton. It will make the Jordan Love /Aaron Rodgers pick seem predictable by comparison. Smokescreen? More like San Fransisco fog level screen.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Joe Flacco would have been cheaper, but I'm sure we would be cunting about him too.....

I'm sorry that Mrs. Dalton is upset that we don't think her husband will win us a Superbowl, but we are tired of thinking we are going to win one with an average QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Joe Flacco would have been cheaper, but I'm sure we would be cunting about him too.....

I'm sorry that Mrs. Dalton is upset that we don't think her husband will win us a Superbowl, but we are tired of thinking we are going to win one with an average QB.

I shudder to even think of the response.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Your avi keeps freaking me out. I had that picture for like a year as mine.
I remember seeing it one time and I thought it would say exactly what I wanted to say so I tweeted it to Trump when I wasn’t banished from Twitter.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Don't worry Pace is going to shock the NFL world by drafting an early round QB despite having franchise Andy Dalton. It will make the Jordan Love /Aaron Rodgers pick seem predictable by comparison. Smokescreen? More like San Fransisco fog level screen.
I’m not sure why pace didn’t offer the farm to Green Bay for Rodgers because they clearly don’t need a quarterback in return.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No, an above average quarterback would not produce more than Andy Dalton did. an above average quarterback still relies on a decent offensive line to protect him and can fall apart when it doesn't.

A franchise quarterback can still perform even when the offensive line is crap.

Thank you for being exhibit a in my point that "Bears fans don't know what an average to slightly above average quarterback is."

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
The reality is Andy Dalton is not going to bring Chicago a Championship, and if you think he will, then you are only a Dalton fan and not a football fan.

I give you Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, and Joe Flacco, all of whom won SB's in the 2000's. If they can do it, AD (who is much better than all of those guys) can do it. Now, the Bears will need a solid OL and an amazing defense, but it can be done. Heck, Eli Manning won two.....

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
No, an above average quarterback would not produce more than Andy Dalton did. an above average quarterback still relies on a decent offensive line to protect him and can fall apart when it doesn't.

A franchise quarterback can still perform even when the offensive line is crap.

I'd say a franchise, MOBILE, quarterback can perform when the OL is crap. I don't think that a drop-back passer (Montana, Marino type) can succeed if he has less than 2.5 seconds to throw.

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
@JurisFrog

Dalton is going to an organization who has never had a true 'franchise QB'. The fans have always wanted one and looked in their division with completely reasonable envy, but the Bears just has never been able to get it done. They have also had many experiences with 'nice guy' QBs, who have a great story and get the fan base excited, but ultimately leave them feeling like the GM pulled a fast one on them.

To be clear Andy isn't walking into a city/team that dislikes him, but rather dislikes what getting behind a nice-guy, retread has gotten them. Like with all teams/cities there's a history that's important to know. Much of that history will dictate how a player is received.

I've learned a lot about Bears history on this Board and I am starting to understand the issue.

Rise

Liked Posts:
C'mon man.

Much better response I can at least respect the thought. It is based on assumptions other than Mariotta is still a Raider (I was comparing what he is getting paid but did not break down how he could have been a Bear). Trubisky did not take that small Bills contract until after the bears signed Dalton, I do not believe that to be a coincidence and am sure he would have come back here if he was offered QB1. Being the backup all year of Allen is going to do him no favors. Though I will admit if one QB in the entire NFL would choose QB2 over QB1 it would be Trubisky, aligns with his college resume.

Of course a 3rd option existed, just don't sign Dalton and keep Fuller. Start Foles with Oline improvements and draft a rookie. Is Dalton better than Foles? Sometimes, but not enough if a sure thing to dump Fuller for nothing, not even a comp pick.

As for this other guy who wrote a string of one sentence thoughts, you sir are a moron. I am fully aware of Dalton's mediocre past. What about his most recent body of work? Why don't you bring that up? Oh yeah because he was horrible. I don't like Dalton so a march of assumptions spew out of your piehole? Get a grip..

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I love that people are actually trying to say that the all the hate has nothing to do with Dalton and everything to do with Pace and the Bears organization but that's actually a 100% lie. There's been just as much hate towards Dalton and having him as our QB as there's been towards Pace and the organization.

Do you people forget the posts you post? Is it like a CCS bipolar thing going on in here?