What if the following scenario plays out?

Liked Posts:
Let's say Foles wins the job but stumbles out of the gate and we start the season 0-3 or 0-4 . Then Nagy makes a change to Trubisky and he also struggles and we go 0-3 or 0-4 in those games.

Will this be the end of Pace and Nagy? Let's also say we finish the season 5-11.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I suppose you would have to dissect why they went 0-4. Injuries? Flat offense? If it's incompetence, then that would be a bad signs for Nagy. If it is bad luck, then I think you have to hope for rational decisions.

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
Hypothetically who leads us to a 5-3 record down the stretch? Also, who hypothetically rips their dick off?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's say Foles wins the job but stumbles out of the gate and we start the season 0-3 or 0-4 . Then Nagy makes a change to Trubisky and he also struggles and we go 0-3 or 0-4 in those games.

Will this be the end of Pace and Nagy? Let's also say we finish the season 5-11.
Heads should roll if this team goes 5-11. The defense is to damn talented to not win at minimum 8 games.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ryan Pace gets fired, McCaskeys hire another incompetent GM, Nagy is probably fired too, and then said incompetent GM drafts the wrong QB (again) in an effort to win over the fan base. Basically, life as a Bears fan continues as normal.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Another wrinkle to the OP is we have no idea what this season is going to look like. I imagine coaches are going to have longer leashes. If they play, I think every single week most teams are going to be missing starters who have tested positive. I will not be surprised if there is a month long stretch where a team could be missing 10+ starters.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What if Big Dick Nick wins the job and starts off 8-0 but gets injured and is out for 8 weeks

Mitchapalooza comes in and goes 8-0

Who starts the first game of the playoffs?
Chase ?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Another wrinkle to the OP is we have no idea what this season is going to look like. I imagine coaches are going to have longer leashes. If they play, I think every single week most teams are going to be missing starters who have tested positive. I will not be surprised if there is a month long stretch where a team could be missing 10+ starters.
It's going to be a really weird season

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's going to be a really weird season
Yup and unless the schedule is semi-normal it's unlikely the GM or NC are going anywhere after this season even with a losing record.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

With just our D, this is no way going to happen. SO no answer from me since it's not happening

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If we go 5-11 then we do need to start looking at a clean slate, that includes the GM and the HC.....Hell, if we have that kind of start, I could see Nagy getting axed mid season and Pagano taking over for the remainder of the year.... then at the end of the year Pace gets fired and the new GM must use the old scouting staff to pick the next QB.....

Round and round, with love we'll find a way, just give it time.......