What is Justin Fields ceiling?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see Fields turning into a Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck or Burrow level of talent who went through a similar struggle as Fields. It's just highly improbable.

Justin Fields ceiling is probably Matt Ryan or Andy Dalton level QB.
I would say Steve Young?

His arm and anticipation and smarts might not be Montana or Brady, but when you can run like Steve young or Mike Vick it covers up a lot.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Justin Fields has the worst offensive supporting cast in the league and it's not particularly close.

Mahomes 1st season starting, he had Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt, Sammy Watkins, Spencer Ware (year after almost 1k rushing yds), Chris Conley (basically a more productive Pringle, had 5 tds), and a total of 7 guys who had more TD catches than anyone else on the Bears roster did last season (with the exception of Mooney).

Burrow has Jamar Chase who is significantly better than anyone the Bears have at WR, Tee Higgins (more yds than Mooney, 1 fewer TD), Joe Mixon (13 rushing tds, 1200 yds), Tyler Boyd (828 yds, 5 TDs), and CJ Uzomah (493 yds, 5 TDs).

Lamar Jackson had 16 tds, 13 ints last season. His two top receiving targets were Mark Andrews (1361 yds, 9 TDs), Hollywood Brown (1008 yds, 6 TDs), Rashod Bateman (46 catches, 515 yds, 1 TD, this year already has 2 TDs and 167 yds in 2 weeks) and Sammy Watkins (394 yds, 1 TD). The Ravens ran the ball by committee with Lamar leading the way with just under 800 yds rushing and 2 running backs (Devonta Freeman and Latavius Murry) combining for 1077 yds and 7 TDs.

back in the day it was about the most important position in football raising the level of his teammates.

now since justin has been meh since day 1 it's become the bears need hall of famers and all pro's to surround him at all positions to make him good,

heh

That's your own projected ?️extremely exaggerated, false narrative.

Plus you swept :sweep: away cameronkrazie86 factual information in the process.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He has only started 12 games and 10 of those with an awful coach. He didn't even have any first team reps in the 2021 preseason. He has the arm, can make all the throws, is very athletic and is very football smart. He is a leader and is already chanhing his routine so he can study even more film. He wants to succeed at a top level. He can be elite and that is his ceiling. Allen looked bad at first. Hurts and Tua looked bad at first and they are both progressing and moving up the list of best qb's. Yes, he has some bad habits from The Ohio State. but they all can be coached out of him.

Hey you.....stop making sense. :)

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
12 games. He's started 12 games and the majority of them were with Matt Nagy. I know it hurts deeply losing to the Packers once again in front of a national audience, but the game to to be first to declare he's a bust or potential bust on this board is stupid.

His ceiling is still everything Bears fans hoped he'd be two weeks ago. HOF QB and Bears Savior. Ain't changing for me yet. Bear down!
The problem is that the new OC is no better than Nagy. Whatever the fuck his name is

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Allan reached an unattainable level.

Maybe that level was Dante Culpeppers ceiling.

I think Justin has to get comfortable as a pocket scrambler first.

Once he is reading defenses and blitzes his speed is a nightmare with no other improvements. He is quick.

Steve Young is my favorite all-time QB (lefty) so it is a very loving comparison from me.

I see a lot of greats traits in him. I have a good feeling about Fields long term but I don’t know if he will survive the Bears.

The comparison then becomes Jim Harbaugh who should have got “The Gruden” to come here and take the Bears to Arlington in style, but also was wholy underwhelming as a Bear before breaking Steve Young’s QB rating record his first year as a Colt.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Memo to Bears coaching staff : Do not wreck the Maserati....??

Report: Justin Fields Scored Similarly to Joe Burrow

Where Ohio State's Justin Fields goes is one of the biggest mysteries in the first round of the 2021 NFL draft, and whichever team lands him reportedly won't have to worry about his processing speed.

The Ohio State product also earned the highest grade from Pro Football Focus on throws beyond his first read at 90.6. That was well ahead of Clemson's Trevor Lawrence (78.6) and Alabama'a Mac Jones (75.7).

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
I think you've already seen it.

If he was going to be great, you'd know it by now.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
As i said in preseason.. hes gotz all the tools.. just lacks some lvl of awareness.. once he gets that madden awr update.. its ova for the league..

i think some ccs'er are just haterz.. they refuse to believe a black man is willing to work that hard when paid...

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Patience, I have to keep telling myself, patience……

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
As i said in preseason.. hes gotz all the tools.. just lacks some lvl of awareness.. once he gets that madden awr update.. its ova for the league..

i think some ccs'er are just haterz.. they refuse to believe a black man is willing to work that hard when paid...
Let's not bring race into this.

Besides, most of the people you're talking about think Michael Jordan is God incarnate, and he's about as black as you can get.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

LOL, now u know that was a troll statement.:bearstroll:

Who are u? Why are u coming with the sole purpose of tearing down JF?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Let's not bring race into this.

Besides, most of the people you're talking about think Michael Jordan is God incarnate, and he's about as black as you can get.

Not talking about them ppl. Jordan.. Im a fan.. but, I think Larry Bird was the God incarnate if he were actually graded on a melanin scale.

What does as black as you can get even mean?

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:

It's not a troll statement. When was the last time a HOF QB didn't make a leap by their second year? Seriously. Genuine question. Because I've looked and couldn't find any. Every single HOF QB makes quantum leaps in their second year as a starter. So if Fields doesn't get it together really soon, it's probably not going to happen.

Besides, the eye test don't lie. The kid looks like a deer in the headlights out there. And as much as I want to be proven otherwise, no amount of coaching is going to change that. It's a DNA thing.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
It's not a troll statement. When was the last time a HOF QB didn't make a leap by their second year? Seriously. Genuine question. Because I've looked and couldn't find any. Every single HOF QB makes quantum leaps in their second year as a starter. So if Fields doesn't get it together really soon, it's probably not going to happen.

Besides, the eye test don't lie. The kid looks like a deer in the headlights out there. And as much as I want it to be proven otherwise, no amount of coaching is going to change that. It's a DNA thing.

Quick fire response.....Steve Young ...Steve McNair, Phil Simms,,,,,,, Brees in a few years.. What do you consider Kurt Warners second year? Brett Farve regressed his second year starting... So did Jim Kelly

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
Quick fire response.....Steve Young ...Steve McNair, Phil Simms,,,,,,, Brees in a few years.. What do you consider Kurt Warners second year?
I said second year as a starter. Not just second year. In Young's second year as a starter, he had a 101 passer rating. Warner won the MVP as a rookie. Simms isn't in the HOF, neither is McNair (and both are mediocre, anyway). Brees maybe, but it's close.

Either way, my point is that by now, you'd be seeing something. I don't see anything with Fields, other than he's really fast and he can avoid sacks when he wants to. As far as him standing back there, making more than two reads and throwing darts like that kid in KC? No. Not at all. He looks as if he's lost most of the time, like the game is too fast for him. He makes very poor decisions. Doesn't appear to be comfortable in the pocket unless there's zero pressure. Doesn't carry himself with any poise... he just doesn't look the part at all.

But hey... I hope I'm proven wrong. No one wants to win more than me. I just don't see it happening.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Besides, the eye test don't lie. The kid looks like a deer in the headlights out there. And as much as I want to be proven otherwise, no amount of coaching is going to change that. It's a DNA thing.

Read links >>#46 and #50

When was the last time a HOF QB didn't make a leap by their second year? Seriously. Genuine question. Because I've looked and couldn't find any. Every single HOF QB makes quantum leaps in their second year as a starter. So if Fields doesn't get it together really soon, it's probably not going to happen.

I have NO idea why you are conflating "HOF QB " with a young guy who's only started 13 games.
That's a totally bad faith, non sequitur-type question.

You didn't do a >>>Bears Fan Roll-Call: Introduce Yourself And Start Posting!
So Dude.....who are u? You joined Sep 21, 2022 . Are u a Bears fan? If so how long? What brought you here?

Last edited: