What is Justin Fields ceiling?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Bears messed up by not going after Russell Wilson enough
For what it's worth, Benjamin Allbright said on Twitter that the Bears and Seahawks did briefly talk about Russell Wilson during the 2021 off-season, but that the Seahawks weren't interested in Fields.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Regardless Fields should have a good game against a bad team Sunday. Hopefully he can show some flashes.

Nice back-hand, compliment. :sneaky:
Anyway, I've said it before, I see Steve Young in him.

Nice back handed compliment to call him a bigger slower Steve Young.

o_O when did I call JF is"a bigger slower Steve Young" ?
I see JF as a smart, mobile Qb just like Young. And you might check their 40 times.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I see JF as a smart, mobile Qb just like Young. And you might check their 40 times.

40 yard dash are overrated if you understand how they work you can greatly improve your time.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Calling him an average mid NFL QB with his potential is hating? That's just silly. It's worse to give Fields unrealistic standards he'll never live up too.

Please read the full dialogue so u can get the proper discussion context >>#60
BTW.....I never brought up "HOF" the OP did. But read the full link>>>#60

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
40 yard dash are overrated if you understand how they work you can greatly improve your time.

You said "a bigger slower Steve Young"......I never said that. JF would be faster.
But the focus was on your back-hand complement >>>
Aesopian said:

Regardless Fields should have a good game against a bad team Sunday. Hopefully he can show some flashes.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For what it's worth, Benjamin Allbright said on Twitter that the Bears and Seahawks did briefly talk about Russell Wilson during the 2021 off-season, but that the Seahawks weren't interested in Fields.
If all the Bear's needed was a very good quarterback to contend for the Super Bowl, then yeah, trade for Wilson. But the Bear's last year were a terrible team and with Russell Wilson, they would not beat GB or be a play-off team. Wilson is on his descent as an NFL quarterback. The Bears made a smart decision to get rid of who they got rid of and rebuild. Give Fields a year to grow and the team with him. I'm just tired of the stupid half measures that this team always has done and the failure to ever grow a young qb.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You said "a bigger slower Steve Young"......I never said that. JF would be faster.
Aesopian said:

How's that a back handed compliment? I think we can all agree Fields is still developing so why is it bad to say a developing qb should hopefully beat a bad defense.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'd be quite happy to see Fields realize some performance on the level of Kyler Murray.

mbison

Liked Posts:
I don't see Fields turning into a Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck or Burrow level of talent who went through a similar struggle as Fields. It's just highly improbable.

Justin Fields ceiling is probably Matt Ryan or Andy Dalton level QB.
Josh Allen easily. Josh Allen didnt become elite until Stephon Diggs was signed. The key is getting Fields some weapons

The one thing I love about Fields that I could not stant with Mitch is field will throw accurately to open receivers. Mitch had waaay to many over throws

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Aesopian said:

How's that a back handed compliment? I think we can all agree Fields is still developing so why is it bad to say a developing qb should hopefully beat a bad defense.

When one initially reads the comment, it sounds like......... "geez, it's a bad team, so he better have a good game and show some flashes ". If u didn't mean it that way, no problem.

Perhaps you'll agree.....it just seems there's a segment of ppl here that have JF on a "do-it-this-season time frame, or ELSE"

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Damn. I would of love Wilson in Chicago.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's way too early to call Tua and Hurts elite let's not get crazy. Has he had flashes that show he can be elite? Not really his throwing motion is slow and makes him a fumbling mess. He has yet to learn to read a defense. He's still learning the playroom not a fast learner.
please tell me howme saying that Hurts and Tua are progressing and moving up the list of QB's in terms of how good they are is calling them elite? lmao

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I don't see Fields turning into a Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck or Burrow level of talent who went through a similar struggle as Fields. It's just highly improbable.

Justin Fields ceiling is probably Matt Ryan or Andy Dalton level QB.

How low is your ceiling as a poster? I'd say a more Special person version of Biff is your ceiling.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How low is your ceiling as a poster? I'd say a more Special person version of Biff is your ceiling.

I love how it's insults and you don't even try to prove me factually wrong.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
please tell me howme saying that Hurts and Tua are progressing and moving up the list of QB's in terms of how good they are is calling them elite? lmao

Sorry I wasn't implying you were saying that.