What is our best offensive personnel grouping, in your opinion?

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind, this is obviously prior to roster cuts. However, I think that Zach Miller will make this team, which means that we will (Shaheen should be good), have 3 good TEs. No one obviously knows if Kevin White will be anything worthwhile, but if we assume he's not, I'd have to say going with Merideth, Sims, Shaheen, Miller, and Howard will allow the offense to keep Defenses in a base formation. I am hopeful that our TEs are fast enough to get away from LBs, and big enough to have a serious size advantage over DBs.

I'd love to see some sets with both Howard and Cohen on the field at the same time. I'm really hopeful that White turns out to be good though. I'd love to have 2 of those TEs, with White and Merideth on the field at the same time. I think we could really do some damage with them, assuming White can come close to my hopeful expectations.

I feel like there is a very good blend of size/speed/athleticism on offense, at each position group, and I believe Loggains can be a better than average OC. We have a good O-line, and I know Glennon is a BUM, but I think Trubisky will be playing sooner rather than later. (hopefully)...

I am very optimistic here, but I think that when Trubisky plays, we can actually be an offense that gives opposing defenses fits. Surely I'm not the only one who is excited about the possibilities, right?

greg23

Liked Posts:
1 wr
1 rb
3 te
???

Welcome to 11 defenders in the box

That's basically a goal line offense and will never happen as a base offense.

Trubisky
Howard
Simms/Miller/Shaheen
Merideth
Wright
White

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
I know it's a goaline formation. And no, there won't be 11 defenders in the box, that's ridiculous. Eight, yes. Eleven, no. I'm not saying line them up in a tight goaline formation. I'm not even saying to run it more than a few times a game. But I really feel like you could run that grouping out there a few times, split Miller or Shaheen out wide, and give a defense fits, because of the defensive mismatches it would cause.

With our TE talent, this could easily be a passing formation for us as well. Play-action is a real thing, ya know...

Also, Trubisky, in my opinion, was the best QB at selling Play Action in the draft. I remember watching his tapes, and that was one of the first things that stood out to me.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1:
Trubisky
Howard
Sims
Meridith
White
Wright/Cruz

2:
Trubisky
Howard
Sims
Shaheen
Meridith
White

3:
Trubisky
Cohen
Sims
Shaheen
Meridith
Wheaton

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Please God...let Trubisky be the best QB in Chicago I've ever seen (by A LOT). After dealing with Ass-hat QBs for my entire lifetime, we deserve this....

Reactions: DC

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Two TE sets where you can use both TEs to block or catch passes like receivers. One second you're lined up in a jumbo package the next second you're motioning out to a four wide set. Could you imagine having two balanced TEs that you can run the ball behind or go play action with?

Match up problems galore.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Any one that makes Glennon look serviceable.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Two TE sets where you can use both TEs to block or catch passes like receivers. One second you're lined up in a jumbo package the next second you're motioning out to a four wide set. Could you imagine having two balanced TEs that you can run the ball behind or go play action with?

I think they're built for a lot of 2TE sets. Look forward to seeing it.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
I'm not crazy. I know we're not gonna be the Patriots offense from a few years ago with Hernandez and Gronk, but I think that with our Oline and running game, assuming Trubisky is playing, along with our TEs, a 2 TE set would be the best option. 3 TEs comment earlier was regarding matchups. But, 2 TEs, 2 WR, and 1 RB is certainly intriguing! It would be a huge boost to the offense if Kevin White played fast, played well, and stays healthy.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
This is EASY.

POUND THE ROCK!

AND PLAY ACTION!

So 2 tight ends (Sims and Miller....Shaheen for Miller in the red zone)

2 backs (Howard and Carey...Cohen for Carey between the 20s)

1 WR (Gentry...because he's the only good WR we got)

Qb- Trubisky obviously

5 OL:
LT- LENO
LG: SITTON
C- GRASU
RG: WHITEHAIR
RT: MASSIE

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:

Agreed. I can't wait for Trubisky to play, and to see what Shaheen can actually do...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Keep in mind, this is obviously prior to roster cuts. However, I think that Zach Miller will make this team, which means that we will (Shaheen should be good), have 3 good TEs. No one obviously knows if Kevin White will be anything worthwhile, but if we assume he's not, I'd have to say going with Merideth, Sims, Shaheen, Miller, and Howard will allow the offense to keep Defenses in a base formation. I am hopeful that our TEs are fast enough to get away from LBs, and big enough to have a serious size advantage over DBs.

I'd love to see some sets with both Howard and Cohen on the field at the same time. I'm really hopeful that White turns out to be good though. I'd love to have 2 of those TEs, with White and Merideth on the field at the same time. I think we could really do some damage with them, assuming White can come close to my hopeful expectations.

I feel like there is a very good blend of size/speed/athleticism on offense, at each position group, and I believe Loggains can be a better than average OC. We have a good O-line, and I know Glennon is a BUM, but I think Trubisky will be playing sooner rather than later. (hopefully)...

I am very optimistic here, but I think that when Trubisky plays, we can actually be an offense that gives opposing defenses fits. Surely I'm not the only one who is excited about the possibilities, right?

I'm one of the very few optimistic people on here and catch shit from certain people all the time for it but i love what Pace is doing with this team building it the right way through the draft and with the right free agent additions. It sucks waiting for the rebuild to be closer to being done but i truly think Pace will get it right and in two years we could have something special.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Trubisky
Howard
Merideth
Wright
Cruz
Sims

I know Wright will mostly be used in the slot but White has done nothing to say he belongs with the 1s or in the NFL for that matter.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is EASY.

POUND THE ROCK!

AND PLAY ACTION!

So 2 tight ends (Sims and Miller....Shaheen for Miller in the red zone)

2 backs (Howard and Carey...Cohen for Carey between the 20s)

1 WR (Gentry...because he's the only good WR we got)

Qb- Trubisky obviously

5 OL:
LT- LENO
LG: SITTON
C- GRASU
RG: WHITEHAIR
RT: MASSIE

Did you miss the K.Carey surgery on his wrist and that he's out 4 to 6 weeks??

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Base:

Trub
Howard (3rd dwn Cohen)
Meredith
Miller

Rotate till you find the hot hands:

TE: Shaheen, Sims, Brown
WR2: White, Wheaten, (Wright)
WR3: Gentry, Wright, Cruz

Washington

Liked Posts:
Trubisky
Howard
Merideth
Wright
Cruz
Sims

I know Wright will mostly be used in the slot but White has done nothing to say he belongs with the 1s or in the NFL for that matter.

I agree with this but would like Wheaton instead of Cruz when he's healthy as he's our only speed WR. White needs to earn a spot versus just being given one based on his draft position.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Don't know what our best will be but assuming we're not backed up against our own endzone I think the base will be from left to right ......Merrideth, Sims, Leno, Sitton/Compton, Whitehead, Compton/Sitton, Massie, Wright, White, then Glennon, Howard.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe have a better idea after this game. Starters haven't played enough and Glennon hasn't helped with any evaluation of the the hands guys.