What is the fascination on this board with Mahomes?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It was an egregiously bad take that was formed without doing much of any homework on him. Mahomes was mostly viewed as a late 1st to mid 2nd rd pick for most of the lead up to the draft. We had the #3 overall pick and more of my focus was on Watson.

I will say though I thought Mahomes was erratic with the ball and a bit if a reckless gunslinger. But I admittingly didn't watch much tape on him. I was wrong and will eat crow for it.

In the end, we would have been alright if we just made the easy selection and drafted Watson.
I was just messing with ya, but I will say that most around here would not post what you just did.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
watson is an inaccurate 1 read college qb. hes the one qb prospect i know i for sure that i dont want the bears to have anything to do with. he isnt asked to look at more than one half of the field and its either throw here or run. its bad enough that most the other guys run some kind of college spread o, but at least the others are actually asked to be a qb on a regular basis.

hell if youre willing to go watson early, whether thats somewhere in the first or in the second, id rather just take the chance with kizer at 3. but i still like mahomes and itll be interesting to see where hes projected to go as the draft gets closer.

I keep hearing the "inaccurate", "1 read" narrative about DWat. So my question is how is almost a 70% completion rate "inaccurate" and why can't the best "D" in college stop this "1 read" Qb from passing for 400 yards++

It's always interesting, revisiting these old threads. Note: ole' Monsieur Tirets never came back with an answer. :smug2:

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
The real lesson from this thread is talent evaluation is very difficult even for people who get paid lots of money to do it. Let alone a bunch of dickheads on an Internet forum.

Having opinions is what a place like this is all about, but it makes me cringe when I see that know it all attitude from someone who thinks they are a professional scout.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Mahomes is already an all-time great at 25. 38-8 with 114/24 ratio along with KC's first ever MVP award and a comeback super bowl victory. He's like the Michael Jordan of the Kansas City Chiefs and could be the MJ of football when his career is over.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. I've been wondering the same thing. This is his "highlight" video. I guess I can see the arm talent, but other than that, his footwork and mechanics are terrible. [video=youtube;CdlpfRRLGHY]
Lol...man...was I wrong on Mahomes.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Mahomes is already an all-time great at 25. 38-8 with 114/24 ratio along with KC's first ever MVP award and a comeback super bowl victory. He's like the Michael Jordan of the Kansas City Chiefs and could be the MJ of football when his career is over.

Absolutely. And again how hard is it to know just how high a player’s ceiling is?

Nobody said Jordan was going to be the greatest of all time when he came out of college. Nobody saw Mahomes as the number one pick.

There is something in certain players who go on to be true greats, that you just can’t evaluate or quantify at college level. I think it only comes out when they are in the right situation and are pitted against the best opponents, their own level rises and keeps rising.