What is the origin of bear fans calling the bears team the "beloved" and why do people still refer to the team as such even in 2021?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I am not understanding the term and why it is used or even started being used in the first place but moreso why it Is still being used because most of the people I see referring to the team as "the beloved" are meat-ball fans that literally have so much hate in their hearts for people on the team or staff and in general that I highly doubt they even refer to Jesus as "beloved" and if they do are they equating the bears with Jesus but that's a whole another topic not meant for this forum so ignore that aspect of this post bug seriously, the "beloved?" Are you kidding me? Please explain because at this point I will never understand this "beloved" reference and until I do I think it is absolutely complete udder garbage because it makes zero sense to me.

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
Are your formatting choices some kind of shtick?
Can you please provide an example of what formatting issues you are perceiving to be uniquely novel?

Edited 6/2/2021 11:39 CST :

Please submit the above referenced matter to my private mailbox as I would like to keep this thread on the topic of the bears and "beloved" nomenclature.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What is the origin of using the thread title for your entire post?

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
What is the origin of using the thread title for your entire post?
I think you're confused because they are two separate things from what I see and typed but if you want to focus your posts in this thread to technical difficulties you're experiencing I am fine with addressing your concerns however illegitimate inside a private message setting.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@VashalasX I don't think anyone here is going to give you the answers you're looking for but don't give up hope lol

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think, and this is just a guess, but I think, just a guess mind you, but what I think/guess, is that those who call them "the beloved" are the guys in their 50s who still wear game jerseys and cuss at the TV in front of families.

jmo jmo

TBH that's all I could come up with. I actually googled it and found nothing except some blog that said the official name after "the Staleys" was "the Beloved Bears" but who even knows if that's accurate.

Maybe someone who uses the term here can actually explain where it comes from...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
TBH that's all I could come up with. I actually googled it and found nothing except some blog that said the official name after "the Staleys" was "the Beloved Bears" but who even knows if that's accurate.

Maybe someone who uses the term here can actually explain where it comes from...
Might be fake news. One can never tell in these days.

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
I think, and this is just a guess, but I think, just a guess mind you, but what I think/guess, is that those who call them "the beloved" are the guys in their 50s who still wear game jerseys and cuss at the TV in front of families.

jmo jmo
Thank you so much for the weighing in with the first actural attempt to explain what this is acturally about but I will need more than hunches and guesses if I'm going to be pod-casting about this topic because in that business it's literally definitive informative proof-positive actural factural evidenced from authoritative perspective that I'm after because I literally would hate to give my listeners speculative takes on a subject I'm literally putting my voice and brand behind.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thank you so much for the weighing in with the first actural attempt to explain what this is acturally about but I will need more than hunches and guesses if I'm going to be pod-casting about this topic because in that business it's literally definitive informative proof-positive actural factural evidenced from authoritative perspective that I'm after because I literally would hate to give my listeners speculative takes on a subject I'm literally putting my voice and brand behind.
omg you have a bears podcast?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I am not understanding the term and why it is used or even started being used in the first place but moreso why it Is still being used because most of the people I see referring to the team as "the beloved" are meat-ball fans that literally have so much hate in their hearts for people on the team or staff and in general that I highly doubt they even refer to Jesus as "beloved" and if they do are they equating the bears with Jesus but that's a whole another topic not meant for this forum so ignore that aspect of this post bug seriously, the "beloved?" Are you kidding me? Please explain because at this point I will never understand this "beloved" reference and until I do I think it is absolutely complete udder garbage because it makes zero sense to me.
I'm pretty sure no one in here that only talk negative about the bears say beloved I think you're referring to those who have stayed away from this toxic forum and are boomers that use the referenced term "beloved".

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not a licensed actuary actually.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is the origin of people who do not play for, coach or own a professional sports team referring to it as "we" or "our?"

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What in the holiests of hecks does this post even mean and how in the world does it have anything to do with the "beloved" that is the actural topic of this thread please?
Dont mind captain boregan over there. He posts like he's never watched football before but we still allow it.