What is the reason for literally only one starter from the defense being at the OATs?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agree because in my opinion shaming in general is literally for haters and nobody but haters and neighsayers but you also bring up as well another point whether or not an intentional one in that the "beloved" are being referred to as the "beloved" when literally nobody can help anyone understand why the Bears are even referred to as the beloved in the first place and still referred toward as such to this day in 2021 and nobody even knows why.
? ? ? ?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I will literally never understand why only roquan Smith Was the only bears defensive player from the bears starting defensive roster to show up to Is the bears OTA workouts workouts when there there are literally 10 plus other starters who should be at this event to show their own leadership and not lean on Roquan Smith to be the only leader of the defence leading the defence At OTA I mean are you kidding me?

This literally jogs my memory to back when Jesper got his promotion and was our team leader and literally ditched any sort of showing up at the trade shows and then the crew decided not to be of attendance which just left me to be there to take notes and bring home product samples and interface and engage with industry vendor reps while the whole rest of the crew went out for beers and such while I had to literally work my tail off and then we were behind the eightball trying to bring new roofing technology to our local markets which I'm sure played a roll in the layoffs due to being outbid by better informed outfits than business such as ourselfs. IT LITERALLY TAKES THE WHOLE TEAM WORKING TO MAKE THE DREAM KEEP ON WORKING!
It seems that Jesper and the crew just didn't like you. If you hadn't shown up, they all would have.

As for the Bears defense, they don't like you either.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I have to ask is this a napoleon dynamite sort of routine or is there something underlying?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree because in my opinion shaming in general is literally for haters and nobody but haters and neighsayers but you also bring up as well another point whether or not an intentional one in that the "beloved" are being referred to as the "beloved" when literally nobody can help anyone understand why the Bears are even referred to as the beloved in the first place and still referred toward as such to this day in 2021 and nobody even knows why.

Probably because they're the favorite team in the city

There's nothing like when the Bears are "good"

No other team in the city can take that cake. Imo

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

jive

Liked Posts:
The defense is more developed than our offense, and guys on that side don't have as much to prove. There are some starters that had nagging injuries last year, and not worth an injury risk during voluntary OTAs. The guys on the defense are also older, and it's not uncommon for older vets to take a day off during OTAs.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe they were
I will literally never understand why only roquan Smith Was the only bears defensive player from the bears starting defensive roster to show up to Is the bears OTA workouts workouts when there there are literally 10 plus other starters who should be at this event to show their own leadership and not lean on Roquan Smith to be the only leader of the defence leading the defence At OTA I mean are you kidding me?

This literally jogs my memory to back when Jesper got his promotion and was our team leader and literally ditched any sort of showing up at the trade shows and then the crew decided not to be of attendance which just left me to be there to take notes and bring home product samples and interface and engage with industry vendor reps while the whole rest of the crew went out for beers and such while I had to literally work my tail off and then we were behind the eightball trying to bring new roofing technology to our local markets which I'm sure played a roll in the layoffs due to being outbid by better informed outfits than business such as ourselfs. IT LITERALLY TAKES THE WHOLE TEAM WORKING TO MAKE THE DREAM KEEP ON WORKING!
Maybe they got stuck in a traffic jam that happened too me one time and i just got mad and turned around and went home

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
None of them are competing for jobs. None of them really need to be there.

Roquan is there because he is hunting an extension.

I am okay with it. I want the young guys to get the extra reps. We need Travis, Vildor, Graham, maybe even an ILB to step up and grab a job, and extra reps will help that.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys kill me

Bear Down

Liked Posts:
Acurally Vash, these are voluntary workouts. Don't get your panties in a bunch to much. It's a long season and these sort of practices are very vanilla. You're fooling yourself if you think OTA workouts are going to make someone like Khalil Mack a better football player.
Kings think voluntary workouts are so important they hand out bonuses for attending them to some players. New first time defensive coordinator you would think the leadership on the defense would want as many reps as possible perhaps their goal isn't to win a championship

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The D isnt really changing. What is changing is the playcalling. Desai will run the same D with the same playbook. The difference hopefully is he will be more aggressive in his play calling.

So the Vets skipping OTAs isnt a big deal especially since they all know Desai.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
oh god damnit.. @VashalasX had no clue.. very sorry.
It's literally just fine really because 1. If you could have walked in my two shoes for the life I have walked in them then you would be experienced in being called "annoying" "Special person" and all sorts and types of variations of these terms so it literally becomes background noise at a certain point and plus 2. Autism comes with a blessing of not really caring like most types of people care about what other people care about them or don't care so it's literally water off a ducks back-side when people call me a annoying Special person because I couldn't literally care less at this point in life plus 3. I am well-skilled in various martial art forms so if someone wants to literally press my buttons they're pressing their luck that they can go beyond hurtful hateful resentful disrespectful words and acturally get worked ?.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

giphy.gif

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's literally just fine really because 1. If you could have walked in my two shoes for the life I have walked in them then you would be experienced in being called "annoying" "Special person" and all sorts and types of variations of these terms so it literally becomes background noise at a certain point and plus 2. Autism comes with a blessing of not really caring like most types of people care about what other people care about them or don't care so it's literally water off a ducks back-side when people call me a annoying Special person because I couldn't literally care less at this point in life plus 3. I am well-skilled in various martial art forms so if someone wants to literally press my buttons they're pressing their luck that they can go beyond hurtful hateful resentful disrespectful words and acturally get worked ?.
Awesome man