What is your OL #called it for next season?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am #calling Larry Borom either gets injured or benched by mid season and Braxton Jones becomes the starting LT and plays to a level that makes the position a no longer an issue of great concern relegating Borom to swing tackle.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The starting o-line isn't as bad as ppl are thinking, however, there's a huge depth problem.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Just for shits and giggles ...

By 2024,
  1. Braxton Jones LT
  2. Ja'Tyre Carter LG
  3. Doug Kramer C
  4. Zachery Thomas RG
  5. Jenkins or Borom RT and the other one is swing tackle
Poles is all about eventually getting rid of the more expensive options that he did not draft.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I’m calling our OL doesn’t end up a weakness like everyone thinks. The new scheme, focus on the run game, and quick passes to keep defenses honest (basically, a NFL offense) show they weren’t even close to as bad as everyone thought. We go into next offseason focusing on bringing in more skill positions on offense because the OL is pretty much set.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think we see injuries at iOL and it makes the lack of depth there come to the forefront of team issues.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am #calling Larry Borom either gets injured or benched by mid season and Braxton Jones becomes the starting LT and plays to a level that makes the position a no longer an issue of great concern relegating Borom to swing tackle.
Why does there have to be an injury for Borom to be "replaced"? No chance Braxton Jones wins the spot out right?

greg23

Liked Posts:
The back guy has another back injury

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why does there have to be an injury for Borom to be "replaced"? No chance Braxton Jones wins the spot out right?
I said injured or benched.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably too early for a guy that raw but the potential is certainly there.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just for shits and giggles ...

By 2024,
  1. Braxton Jones LT
  2. Ja'Tyre Carter LG
  3. Doug Kramer C
  4. Zachery Thomas LG
  5. Jenkins or Borom LT and the other one is swing tackle
Poles is all about eventually getting rid of the more expensive options that he did not draft.
why do you have 2 left tackles and two left guards?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we see injuries at iOL and it makes the lack of depth there come to the forefront of team issues.
Here's a thought. If Braxton develops, they can move on of the current Ts inside.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bears add a starting RG before the season, who will be league average. LG and LT will be a mess all season. Larry Borom and Cody Whitehair will get benched, replaced by Jones and Carter who will also be bad. Jenkins will miss at least 4 games, but will be pro bowl caliber when he plays.

Opening day- Borom, Whitehair, Patrick, Vet RG, Jenkins
By November- Braxton Jones, JaTyre Carter, Patrick, Vet, Zachary Thomas (Jenkins takes job back when healthy)

2023- drafted LT (1st or 2nd round), Carter, Patrick, FA RG, Jenkins

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Jones taking the LT spot by mid season is highly possible. However I also think it unlikely he will "make the position no longer an issue of concern," at least not any more than Charles Leno did.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I’m calling that the offense looks marginally better as a whole due to getting rid of nagy. The entire line is going to be around the same as last year, despite some modest improvements due to scheme and coaching.

The games will get harder and harder to watch as they can’t run long developing plays because they can’t block long enough. Offense is forced to resort to dink and dunk, and teams stack the box to stop the run.

Posters around here get mad that the offense still sucks, and likely blame fields (the same people that were just ecstatic about not adding anything to the offense in the off season)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Jones taking the LT spot by mid season is highly possible. However I also think it unlikely he will "make the position no longer an issue of concern," at least not any more than Charles Leno did.
Young and hungry Charles Leno, or (over)paid, wifed and kided up Charles Leno?