What job would you never have done without the internet?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We were chatting about this at work.
One of my coworkers was never a car guy, never really turned a wrench on one.
He had a bad brake squeal and we told him to fix that shit himself.
He borrowed some of my tools, hit you tube and knocked the job out no sweat. Never would have tried it himself without the internet.

It is highly doubtful I would have tried doing my shower without the internet. I picked up tips on cutting the tile, running the plumbing, grout techniques, methodology and placement, undercoating and sealing.... basically referenced every step.

How about you guys? What task have you done yourself that you never would have attempted without knowing the internet was there for you?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Replaced the ice-cube-maker panel on our fridge, but ended up doing it backwards so that the water selection gave you cubes and the ice cube selection gave you water

Getting the right part for that particular job is another great thing the internet enables... finding parts.
I cant imagine finding a replacement panel would have been worth doing without the web.

one of the most obscure and worthwhile parts I ever found on the net was a little plastic piece for the shifter on my old charger- 3.99 for the piece, easy install.

Without that, the car would not shift out of park. It would have required a tow and several hours of labor for such a cheap little item.

The internet pointed me to it via a charger forum.

...I should rename this the internet appreciation thread.

edit- it was this little pink piece of shit. the tab holding the spring snapped and left me stuck in park.

1shift.jpg

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread made me realize something strange.

I had to rely a lot on the internet to teach me the editing software that is 98% of the job I do, but in no way rely on the internet to do said job.