What offensive tackle do you want at twenty?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My fear is that the mock drafts that I have seen recently, where everyone but Mayfield is gone by 20, actually come true and the Bears can't get one of the top 5 QBs or one of the top 6 Tackles

Irrational fear. No F'n way 11 of the first 19 picks are QB + OT. Maaaybe 5 Qbs. Too much 1st Rd. talent to fill the first Rd. There will be many 1st Rounders dropping into the 2nd. Day 2 will be interesting from the start.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Surprised no one chose Vera-Tucker...

greg23

Liked Posts:
This seems to be a stacked tackle draft.

LT
Christian Darrisaw
Rashard Slater (played both right & left)
Sam Cosmi
Alex Leatherwood
Teven Jenkins (played both right & left)
Alijah Vera-Tucker

RT
Jalen Mayfield

Slater won't be there
Too early for cosmi
Leatherwood isn't a LT and 20 is at.least 20 too early
Jenkins isn't a LT
Tucker is a guard
Mayfield is meh

Darrisaw / CB at 20 or a slight trade back

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Darrisaw. I think positional value makes Cosmi viable there because he does project as a possible LT starter but there's likely a better value at another position if Darrisaw is gone.

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Darrisaw would be great, but will likely require a trade up. More likely is a trade down and Cosmi. Like Jenkins, but he's best suited as a RT per the pundits. That said, in the current NFL, defenses will line up their best edge rusher in different places, so both RT and LT need to be agile enough to pass protect well. With a pocket statue like Dalton, we need good ones. More importantly, getting two well above average OTs should be a priority (probably should only get one with a high pick this year).

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Irrational fear. No F'n way 11 of the first 19 picks are QB + OT. Maaaybe 5 Qbs. Too much 1st Rd. talent to fill the first Rd. There will be many 1st Rounders dropping into the 2nd. Day 2 will be interesting from the start.
You are probably right, but all it takes is a run of offensive tackles and it can happen.

I am of the hope of getting a top 6 OT in round one and a solid OT in round 2 with an ok QB in round three where the Bears don't risk too much if that QB fails. It would be nice if years in the future someone makes a "there were X amount of QBs taken before [insert Bears 3rd round QB here]" type of video.

It is sad that the Bears have so many needs.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I guess I would be happiest with Jenkins, but the reality is I think all of them have first round grades, so any of the LTs would be great.

With as deep as the class is, Mayfield should be available in the second round and would be a reach at 20, and with little to no experience at LT.

True, Mayfield has no left side experience but its his athleticism that people rave about. He shut down Chase Young in the Ohio State game and he very well maybe the steal of the draft at Tackle.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
True, Mayfield has no left side experience but its his athleticism that people rave about. He shut down Chase Young in the Ohio State game and he very well maybe the steal of the draft at Tackle.
Still seems like a bit of a reach at 20

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
If Cosmi is a Day 1 starter at LT he will go higher than projected. They always do.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If Cosmi is a Day 1 starter at LT he will go higher than projected. They always do.
Yup. Andrew Thomas went fourth overall just last year because the Giants wanted to plug him in at left tackle. Big overdraft, Jedrick Wills, Mekhi Beckton and Tristan Wirfs all look like good long-term starters at right tackle. Wirfs has Hall of Fame potential, I've never seen a rookie offensive tackle as good as he was.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Still seems like a bit of a reach at 20

I don't disagree that as it stands today, Mayfield is a reach at 20. I am just saying that I believe of all the Tackles, he could be the steal of the draft for whomever takes him.

I am a firm believer that Chicago has to take a Tackle with either their 1st or 2nd pick. I would prefer that tackle be a pure LT (like Sewell but we know he won't drop that far) or someone that has the ability to play either side (Mayfield being one of them, the other being the kid out of NDSU). I think the interior of the line showed a lot of promise the last 5 games and Daniels is coming back which means more than likely, Bars gets kicked out to RT to compete with Ifedi.

My dream scenario (baring a trade to move to 4 to take either fields or lance) would be that the Jets/Broncos/Eagles/Bengals fall in love with someone that drops to 20 and we trade out of 20 for both their second and third rounder (which per the charts is a fair trade) which would then give us Two 2nd rounds and Two 3rd Rounders. Then we could walk away with 2 linemen, a WR and potentially a QB and fill a lot of holes with potential long term starters. This is a very deep draft for several of the positions the Bears need. They need to capitalize on it.

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
I like Teven Jenkens too, and definitely don't want to see him fall to GB, but 20 is a bit high for him. We could trade down 3-4 spots and probably still get him. Would prefer to do something like offer Miami Anthony Miller to swap 18 and 20, and then take Darrishaw if he's on the board at 18, strongly suspecting that Darrishaw won't make it past Washington. Of course, if Washington has traded up/down, that will change.

And taking Jenkins at 17 (Raiders) is even more of a stretch than at 20. If he could handle speed rushes better, then I'm good trading up for him at 13, but that guy is Darrishaw, so, ....

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Teven Jenkens too, and definitely don't want to see him fall to GB, but 20 is a bit high for him. We could trade down 3-4 spots and probably still get him. Would prefer to do something like offer Miami Anthony Miller to swap 18 and 20, and then take Darrishaw if he's on the board at 18, strongly suspecting that Darrishaw won't make it past Washington. Of course, if Washington has traded up/down, that will change.

And taking Jenkins at 17 (Raiders) is even more of a stretch than at 20. If he could handle speed rushes better, then I'm good trading up for him at 13, but that guy is Darrishaw, so, ....

I prefer Jenkins > Darrisaw TBH after reading a few things.

Trading down also preferred if there's several great options available, but it takes a partner. Not at all concerned about a "reach" at 20, but not at 3-4 later? Just get the best talent, and at a position of need if there's several.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Jenkins in the first, Leatherwood in the 2nd. Make an investment in the OL and make a push for Wilson next year or sell the farm and trade up for one next year.
There are no QBs worth thinking about next year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Did I read that Jenkins had back issues?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
There are no QBs worth thinking about next year.
Howell and Rattler are pretty good. There are also guys that aren't on the radar before the season. Nobody was talking about Mac Jones as a top prospect before the college season last year.