What pick at #9 makes you vomit?

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I am talking legitimate possibility, like guys in the top 15. Picks that grade out but personally do nothing for you.

-Christian Gonzalez. I just don't want a corner. It would also solidify that Kyler Gordon is a bust.

-JSN. Will get a ton of hate here but you can't take a slow (but yet agreed he is quick) slot WR at 9.

Flame on my draft brothers.

I, like you, have no idea what is going to happen with these players but I think the two you named are my favorite players in the draft. I came to this analysis based on nothing in particular but wanted you to know how wrong you are.

With that said

Van Ness and the Quentin Johnston

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
JALEN CARTER
giphy.webp

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't know about vomit, but I'd rather not take certain players/positions.

I think BPA is a great philosophy when you already have a solid team. I don't love it when you have huge glaring holes in some of the arguably most important places on your football team. IE 3tech, Edge, OT. So yeah, I would not love a corner, but I would understand it. But I would much rather we do BPA in a position of need.

I also think that we're not really in a position to gamble, or draft a project. Again, I think those moves should be reserved for established teams.

I'd love to see us trade down and still pickup someone like Calijah Kancey and an early-ish 2nd rounder. That would be a huge win for me.

So don't really want a corner, no QB, no Van Ness, no Skoronski, no Myles Murphy, no Nolan Smith, no WR not named Jaxon Smith-Njigba, as much as I think Bijan Robinson will be a star, no to him, too. I also don't think we're a good enough team to draft a RB that early.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Understandable he grew up near me in Barrington, IL so I'm going to root for him regardless.
I graduated Barrington HS Class of 1965. The school was a lot smaller then.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching the games. Quantifying doesnt really work with football.
You should stop watching games then. Overall had about a 110 passer rating against him, ~108 while in slot coverage. PFF ranked #127 overall amongst all CBs w/qualifying number of snaps. Yeah, he's a keeper.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You should stop watching games then. Overall had about a 110 passer rating against him, ~108 while in slot coverage. PFF ranked #127 overall amongst all CBs w/qualifying number of snaps. Yeah, he's a keeper.
Didn't say he's a keeper. He was way better on the outside later in the season though, by a lot. Anyone paying attention could see that.

He was beyond brutal through the first 6 or 8 weeks for sure.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At 9, I won’t mind most picks projected in the top 15 but I definitely have position preferences based on the strength of the draft. Wait on corner and get better value in round 2-3.

I like Van Ness and Skoronski more later, and I feel like we’re trading down.

Guys who I don’t like there are falling anyway (Q Johnston, M Murphy) but I still don’t want them after trade down.

I’m nervous about Carter after his shit show pro day, so that pick will probably strain my trust in Poles the most. We can’t afford to miss on the pick.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't say he's a keeper. He was way better on the outside later in the season though, by a lot. Anyone paying attention could see that.

He was beyond brutal through the first 6 or 8 weeks for sure.
No, had about 3 almost decent games, 2 of those were games in which he was mostly in slot coverage.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
an UDFA Kicker at 9, because he grew up in or around Chicago and loves the Bears

dennehy

Liked Posts:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shortarmski.

He will probably work out fine on a different team, but if the Bears draft him, he will go from having a few setbacks, to a move inside and after 4 years… a failure. Just because that’s what our luck is. lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which ones? Here's a list with stats.

I speak of coverage rating from PFF. He's in the bottom 5 of the NFL

CBcov.PNG

Just don't see why people would be upset to see Bears take one of the top CBs with their first pick as if they have anything decent at the position.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shortarmski.

He will probably work out fine on a different team, but if the Bears draft him, he will go from having a few setbacks, to a move inside and after 4 years… a failure. Just because that’s what our luck is. lol
He'll excel at G if not OT so wouldn't hate that pick.