What player is top 15

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What player on this offense is not in the bottom half of the league at their respective position? I was going to say top 10 initially but in hind sight maybe I should say top 20. Is there a single player on this team that could move to another and would immediately be a better player, without question?

A rob is pretty clearly the best WR on this team and imo the only difference maker on offense that I would put as a fringe top 15 player. Is there anyone else? I’d also co wider Cohen a top tier back up RB or gadget player but you can’t build a team around that. The entire offensive line has regressed but maybe whitehair is top 15?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
ARob probably like you said is a top 15, but barely. It's really difficult to separate individual interior OL play from the whole, I think Whitehare is easily the best of the Bears bunch but its hard to tell how good he is relative to the rest of the NFL because the other 2 IOL have been dreadful. So i'll pass on Whitehare but he gets an asterisk as "possibly better but TBD".

So just #12, and no one else is even all that close.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What player on this offense is not in the bottom half of the league at their respective position? I was going to say top 10 initially but in hind sight maybe I should say top 20. Is there a single player on this team that could move to another and would immediately be a better player, without question?

A rob is pretty clearly the best WR on this team and imo the only difference maker on offense that I would put as a fringe top 15 player. Is there anyone else? I’d also co wider Cohen a top tier back up RB or gadget player but you can’t build a team around that. The entire offensive line has regressed but maybe whitehair is top 15?

A bunch of them are paid like they are in the top 10.

#firepace

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARob probably like you said is a top 15, but barely. It's really difficult to separate individual interior OL play from the whole, I think Whitehare is easily the best of the Bears bunch but its hard to tell how good he is relative to the rest of the NFL because the other 2 IOL have been dreadful. So i'll pass on Whitehare but he gets an asterisk as "possibly better but TBD".

So just #12, and no one else is even all that close.
Think Arob is too and have to imagine he'd only be better with more competent QB play. The line is pretty bad so can we really gauge how good he is? Then, again, he's only had 1 good game and Bears have no other RB I'd want to give the ball to 20 times a game. Zero depth at that position. Need, QB, some better linemen, rbs (plural) and no getting around that.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
A bunch of them are paid like they are in the top 10.

#firepace

Whitehair and Daniels should be top 15 players. Leno was a mediocre player last year but serviceable. The coaching staff should be helping players to improve. We have seen ENTIRE UNITS regress. Regression across the board. Is it talent? Partly. We can look at the TE unit and obviously that is a talent issue. Many of the issues are coaching issues.

Go re-watch last years week 17 victory against the Vikings and ask yourself what has changed from last year to right now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whitehair and Daniels should be top 15 players. Leno was a mediocre player last year but serviceable. The coaching staff should be helping players to improve. We have seen ENTIRE UNITS regress. Regression across the board. Is it talent? Partly. We can look at the TE unit and obviously that is a talent issue. Many of the issues are coaching issues.

Go re-watch last years week 17 victory against the Vikings and ask yourself what has changed from last year to right now.

Sometimes guys have good years and then regress back to their actual talent level.

Massie and Leno have regressed back to their actual talent levels after playing well last season.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Sometimes guys have good years and then regress back to their actual talent level.

Massie and Leno have regressed back to their actual talent levels after playing well last season.

So you’re suggesting that pace should have pulled out his crystal ball and saw that Leno would regress and then let him walk? And then do what? LT’s aren’t just walking around the market for cheap.
Is it pace’s fault that the head coach and HC have devised a scheme that leads OL to collide with blocking TE’a because they want to run a convicted system that has shown time and time again to fail?
Is it paces fault that Daniels and whitehair have been just mediocre to bad?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

I think Massie is a mauler built to run the ball. Leno shouldn't be in pass pro 50 times a game. But Nagy insists.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hard to evaluate your players on offense when you have a top 35 QB and play caller.