What players do you wish would have stayed a Cub for their career

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Greg Maddux is #1 by a mile. I love Mark Grace but that didn't bother me too much because he was on the decline. It's not like losing a guy and watching him win 3 more Cy Youngs.

I wish the Cubs would have kept Mark Grudzielanek. I hated Todd Walker and I thought Grudzielanek was a far better 2nd baseman. He was big for the Cubs in 2003 while Walker was a bum in 2004 in the clutch. But Cubs fans, and the media, has some strangle love affair with the guy. I guess because he gave good interviews.

Grudzielanek actually went on to win a gold glove with K.C. in 2006. Todd Walker was one of the worst defensive 2nd baseman I've ever seen.

If there was a thread about who I wish NEVER was a Cub at any point in their career, Todd Walker would rank in between Milton Bradley and LaToya Hawkins.

LouCrew Paul

Liked Posts:
I am not going to read everyones posts because i am too lazy... however, I would have loved to see Wood in a Cubs uniform for his entire career. I have always loved him and hope they resign him after this year when his contract runs out! He needs to retire a Cub!