What realistic move would you need the Bears to make to get you excited about this season?

mbison

Liked Posts:
For me it would be drafting another QB high in the draft. We already know what Mitch is and I don’t want to waste anymore time hoping he develops into a top 15 QB.

Thoughts

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Regardless of position, Pace has to find day 1 impact starters on the O side of the ball in the draft.

Hard to sugarcoat 11 of 16 games without a first half TD. Bears also lead the NFL in punts (a byproduct of the offense)

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me it would be drafting another QB high in the draft. We already know what Mitch is and I don’t want to waste anymore time hoping he develops into a top 15 QB.

Thoughts
Using one of the 2nd rounders on a QB this year seems like a waste of a pick to me.

Signing a big name O lineman at a good price would get me excited. In the draft I want to see them invest in O line early and often.

Last edited:

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
An actual starting player at RG or TE.
What do you think is the most likely outcome of the TE situation...
1. Stay w/ Burton and Draft one hoping Burton returns close to 2018 form
2. Pay in FA and have two high price TE
3. Actually cut Burton

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There isn't one for me cause i see 3 positions that need to be taken care of the most to have any chance at a playoff run next season at RG, TE and OLB.

Need a legit starting RG and i want him in free agency and not the draft so i already know he can play in the NFL.

Burton isn't going anywhere this year because we'd have to pay him almost all of his salary anyway so i don't care if we draft one or get one that we can depend on if Burton can't stay healthy again. However it's done we just need to make sure we have someone who can actually start at TE next year.

Have no idea what will happen with Floyd but if we keep him then get a legit 3rd guy in and if we cut Floyd then get a legit guy that can start opposite Mack.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Signing one stud OG and mid-tier OT in FA. Getting Ebron or an equivalent tight end. Drafting a speed WR with one of the 2nd round selections.

Those are the moves that will put the pieces in place to give Trubs and his vet competition a chance to succeed this year as well as preparing for the future if we end up drafting a QB high next year.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A significant upgrading of the OL that involves somebody like Conklin or Scherff. Preferably Scherff. And one of the 2nd rounders on a tackle to pressure either Leno or Massie.

Now you said “realistic” so I’m going to avoid saying shit like bench Leno or Massie.

So what I’d want is:

Leno
Scherff
Whitehair
Daniels
Massie

msadows

Liked Posts:
A significant upgrading of the OL that involves somebody like Conklin or Scherff. Preferably Scherff. And one of the 2nd rounders on a tackle to pressure either Leno or Massie.

Now you said “realistic” so I’m going to avoid saying shit like bench Leno or Massie.

So what I’d want is:

Leno
Scherff
Whitehair
Daniels
Massie

This. Beef block. Line play is one thing all winning teams have in common.

Line play is the biggest weakness on this team.

IDK how drafting a qb in the 2nd round is going to make you excited for 2020. If that qb plays we'll prob be drafting a new qb in 2021 cause this team gonna have a top 10 pick.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Signing one stud OG and mid-tier OT in FA. Getting Ebron or an equivalent tight end. Drafting a speed WR with one of the 2nd round selections.

Those are the moves that will put the pieces in place to give Trubs and his vet competition a chance to succeed this year as well as preparing for the future if we end up drafting a QB high next year.

Thats a lot of cap space we don't have. The stud OG takes up all the current cap. No idea where we get the money to sign a mid tier OT and ebron also, much less the savior backup QB all bears fans want, or a starting ILB/SS/WR2.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Revamping the OL and getting a TE would do it. If MT can at least be average or slightly below average as far as a passing QB goes, combined that with his elite scrambling ability, a better run game and our D, we could be a pretty good team..

Or draft another QB would get me excited as well

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gonna take a lot more than one move. Need a starting safety, TE, RG just to start.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Actually, some of the coaching changes have me excited to see what is possible.

Lazor is a guy that likes to run the ball, so he may be more run game coordinator....but it would be nice to see some balance.

Deflip has had some success getting the most out of a QB.

Castillo - We don't have enough money or draft picks to completely overhaul the o-line so Leno and Massie both need to return to 2018 form, and they need to find the RG that can give us average play. Additionally, keep Whitehair at Center and hope to see Daniel take a step forward after taking one back in 2019.

A TE that can take over the role that Burton is supposed to be filling - because this offense is reliant on a catching TE.

Draft or FA Edge Rusher that will take advantage of the Mack Triple team.

I guess you could say I am easily excited.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Using one of the 2nd rounders on a QB this year seems like a waste of a pick to me.

Signing a big name O lineman at a good price would get me excited. In the draft I want to see them invest in O line early and often.

Why? What if we can find ourselves in a similar situation that Seattle did when they had Flynn and drafted Wilson?? The only way to do that is to find a QB in the draft.