What realistic move would you need the Bears to make to get you excited about this season?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Gonna take quite a few solid signings/draft picks to get me truly excited, i think. IE i'll be excited that football is back and that anything is possible, but if Pace doesn't have a good offseason, we're not going anywhere... again.

I'm interested to see how the QB situation will play out. Do we go hard after one that is available via free agency, a trade, or the draft? Or do we sit on Trubisky for one more year and try to upgrade his supporting cast?

We need a couple of linemen if possible(Draft a T, sign a G? Cool.). We need a TE, because I have 0 faith in Burton/Shaheen(and if signing Demetrius Harris is all we do... ugh). We should cut ties with NardFlo, and upgrade our pass rush, for sure. And it'll be interesting to see what we do with the ILB and SS situations.

Big offseason imo. Let's hope Pace doesn't shit his pants!

At the very least we draft a TE somewhere in this draft IMO. I can't see how Pace/Nagy can have enough confidence in Burton being able to give us a healthy season after everything that's gone on with him since the Philly playoff game. We'll see though cause we don't know what their plan is obviously.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
The Bears at least have to TRY. The franchise every year always puts other positions of need in front of the most important position and that’s why we have NEVER had a true franchise QB and NEVER had sustained success. Oh course there is a high percentage they may bust but what if they don’t? There is no guarantee a 1st round QB won’t bust either so by your logic the Bears should never draft any QB

And there are plenty of QB not drafted in 1st round that have turned out to be franchise QBs. Franchise QB came come from anywhere at any round of the draft.
Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees are a few I can think of

Just in the playoff this year there were 7 starting QBs that we’re 2nd rounders and higher

Dak
Jimmy G
Kirk Cousin
Tom Brady
Russel Wilson
Drew Brees
Ryan T

Late 1st round
Lamar Jackson
Aaron Rodgers

See my point?

Ryan was a first. Brees and Brady were more than 15 years ago. I throw them out because I think QB position is emphasized more than it used to be and therefore QBs are taken higher which waters down the lower rounds.

Of the remaining 4, I'd trade a 2nd for them, but would you trade a second to be put in a drawing with 100 other teams for Jimmy G or Dak?

I'm just saying take the much higher percentage shot at getting a starting OL and wait till next year to get a QB. Build the team so that when you have a shot at a good QB he had a chance. What would Mitchell look like on the 49ers? I would guess if you swapped QBs and not see a huge difference in the O.

I just want a good QB.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Ryan was a first. Brees and Brady were more than 15 years ago. I throw them out because I think QB position is emphasized more than it used to be and therefore QBs are taken higher which waters down the lower rounds.

Of the remaining 4, I'd trade a 2nd for them, but would you trade a second to be put in a drawing with 100 other teams for Jimmy G or Dak?

I'm just saying take the much higher percentage shot at getting a starting OL and wait till next year to get a QB. Build the team so that when you have a shot at a good QB he had a chance. What would Mitchell look like on the 49ers? I would guess if you swapped QBs and not see a huge difference in the O.

I just want a good QB.

Every QBS has a different background and story but the fact is NOBODY know where a good QB comes from. It could be the 1st or it could be the 7th or undrafted. But if the Bears continue this losers mentally like it seems you have we will never have a franchise QB. The only way to get one is to draft one every year until we get it right. People like you think about what we will lose if we draft a second round QB and they are a bust while winners think about what we could gain if that QB turns out to be elite.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
OL upgrade is a must. I think we have a couple of options here. I have not heard anyone talk about it, but we could bring in a FA guard OR center. Not sure there are any top tier Centers available in FA, but they typically come a bit cheaper I think. Daniels has proven he is not ready for C and will be at guard. Whitehair has shown he can play either position. BPA at C or OG in FA.

Draft 2 OL and a TE with your first 3 picks.

That leaves OLB and SS.

Either stick with Floyd or roll the dice with Vic Beasley. I think getting a healthy Hicks back will take some pressure off.

I did not like the fit with HaHa last season, I would like to see a SS who is better in run support allowing Jackson to play deeper where his instincts are second to none.

Bring in a FA QB to compete with Mitch, but I think Mitch should get one last opportunity to turn things around with no excuses. If he fails early, don't hesitate to pull the trigger on the backup.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Bears at least have to TRY. The franchise every year always puts other positions of need in front of the most important position and that’s why we have NEVER had a true franchise QB and NEVER had sustained success. Oh course there is a high percentage they may bust but what if they don’t? There is no guarantee a 1st round QB won’t bust either so by your logic the Bears should never draft any QB

And there are plenty of QB not drafted in 1st round that have turned out to be franchise QBs. Franchise QB came come from anywhere at any round of the draft.
Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees are a few I can think of

Just in the playoff this year there were 7 starting QBs that we’re 2nd rounders and higher

Dak
Jimmy G
Kirk Cousin
Tom Brady
Russel Wilson
Drew Brees
Ryan T

Late 1st round
Lamar Jackson
Aaron Rodgers

See my point?

Imagine living in a world where the Cowboys made the playoffs last season.....

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Every QBS has a different background and story but the fact is NOBODY know where a good QB comes from. It could be the 1st or it could be the 7th or undrafted. But if the Bears continue this losers mentally like it seems you have we will never have a franchise QB. The only way to get one is to draft one every year until we get it right. People like you think about what we will lose if we draft a second round QB and they are a bust while winners think about what we could gain if that QB turns out to be elite.

The ole keep throwing shit against the wall till something sticks philosophy. Good plan, let's do it.

to take your logic is step further we would be better off just using every single pick on a quarterback until we get one. Sound like a plan?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
For me it would be drafting another QB high in the draft. We already know what Mitch is and I don’t want to waste anymore time hoping he develops into a top 15 QB.

Thoughts
you said realistic. we are not drafting a QB with a high pick

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Why? What if we can find ourselves in a similar situation that Seattle did when they had Flynn and drafted Wilson?? The only way to do that is to find a QB in the draft.
that would be awesome if we still had some draft picks left that weren't used to trade up for your average and less than average bears

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bears fans over the decades have had all kinds of rationalizations about how, right now, thiisss position is a more important need than quarterback. And for generations, the Bears have not had a legitimate franchise quarterback. It's time to change that. It's time to take swings. You'll miss sometimes, but that's O.K.---It's time to join the rest of the league.

I agree with this. Problem is, most of this board doesn't. A QB doesn't work out like expected people want the GM fired.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Moving shaheen to tackle, drafting a fullback, switching back to 4-3 .

I think then we should run 4 wide, then put Cohen in motion. We would take the NFL by storm.

In reality how bout stock piling draft picks moving down the board for a change.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I would be excited if they traded a pick for a first in 21. Especially if it's from a mediocre team. That would set them up nicely to move up if they need to grab a top QB or if they don't need to move they could get a nice OT or something.

That's about all I can think of. Not much excitement to be had around here.

Edit-now that I reread the title I guess this move wouldn't get me excited about THIS year. There's literally nothing that will excite me about this year.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I’m excited about the new coaching hires too. The oline went from a strength to a weakness in one season with the only change being the coach. A new TE coach has got to help somewhat, and if they can get Nagy on board with what trubisky is capable of instead of what he wishes he was, maybe they could have an NFL representative offense...

mbison

Liked Posts:
you said realistic. we are not drafting a QB with a high pick

Its very realistic to draft a QB with one of our 2nds and let him sit and learn behind Mitch

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
And, start drafting replacements, not backups, at EVERY position. I know, I know, that a LOT easier said than done, but every swinging dick on that team needs to know his replacement could be sitting right next to him and every fucking play MATTERS...