What talking heads do you trust and distrust?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was thinking about this today watching Joel Klatt talk about the draft on Colin Cowherd's show. The stark contrast between Joel Klatt's knowledge and understanding of football, and how much of a fucking mongo Colin Cowherd is with his dumbshit hot takes.

So what talking heads and analysts do you trust, and why? And which ones do you think are fucking morons that should just shut the fuck up? Include the bloggers, podcasters, YouTubers, etc. This might be a good opportunity to find out about good sources to watch, learn, and get good insight into the game we all love. :D

Smart guys:
Joel Klatt
- I feel like he's correct more often than not when it comes to assessing players. I'd love for us to throw a ton of money at him and have him come work for the Bears in literally any capacity.
Brett Kollmann - I love his videos, and his tape breakdown. I trust this guy. He's very detail oriented. Kollmann's YouTube
Draft Doctor Phil - A bit of a meatball and he needs to stop rapping, but he does good tape breakdown, and knows his shit. He seems to really know the offensive line. He wanted Mac Jones, but I can forgive him for that. Tape Never Lies

Dipshit fuckstains that need to be fired yesterday:
Colin Cowherd
- I know it's probably more about ratings than anything else, but god damn does he say some stupid shit. And people eat it up. Fucking obnoxious.
Jason LaCanfora - I meannnnnn, the dude is just wrong so often. How do people keep paying him? He also hates the Bears, which is super funny.
Trent Dilfer - I seem to fundamentally disagree with everything he has to say. He was a total dipshit on ESPN. Even though that's a bit of the status quo...
All of ESPN - Need I say more?

For the lulz:
I just started watching some videos from a channel on YouTube called ThatsGoodSports. Dude's name is Brandon Perna. He's actually super funny. He's weird as fuck looking, but I really like his videos so far. He's a Broncos homer, but he's miserable, and that's funny.

Bonus Justin Fields picture:

4HIO1Gj.jpg

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It seems like the idiots have taken over. I hate pretty much every announcer right now.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dipshits

Dan Orlovsky
Trent Dilfer
Rex Ryan
Jason La Canfora
I don't hate Rex Ryan. I think he's right some of the time. The other guys though... Jesus...

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, ESPN is a cesspool. Mina Kimes is wonderful, and some of the NBA announcers are good, but the rest of TV personalities are all pretty much bad.

I like a lot of the guys at Draft Network, especially Jordan Reid. JT O'Sullivan is phenomenal. Matt Bowen knows his stuff. There's a couple up and coming guys I follow on Twitter that I really value their opinions.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yeah, ESPN is a cesspool. Mina Kimes is wonderful, and some of the NBA announcers are good, but the rest of TV personalities are all pretty much bad.

I like a lot of the guys at Draft Network, especially Jordan Reid. JT O'Sullivan is phenomenal. Matt Bowen knows his stuff. There's a couple up and coming guys I follow on Twitter that I really value their opinions.
I really think nfl network has some pretty good guys. Kurt Warner and I think Daniel Jeremiah is decent. I liked mayock as an analyst, I also like that he's the Raiders gm his picks are awful.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I really think nfl network has some pretty good guys. Kurt Warner and I think Daniel Jeremiah is decent. I liked mayock as a analyst, I also like that he's the Raiders gm his picks are awful.
Mayock was really good on the NFL Network, then goes to the Raiders and drafts like Al Davis. Clearly, the Raiders are cursed.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mina Kimes is pretty much the only person on ESPN I find myself agreeing with the majority of the time. The others like Dan Orlovsky and Ryan Clark have days where I can kinda agree with them. If I find myself agreeing with Stephen A on anything not basketball, I automatically assume I'm wrong about it. lol

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

I rarely watch BSPN nowadays. In fact i dont really watch much sports talk at all outside of some stuff here and there on YT. I usually just watch tape on guys and catch any breaking news about signings and whatever news about the bears to stay in the know. Other than that not much.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i haven’t really watched national sports shows in years. I usually just stick to Chicago media. There’s so much out of town stupid in sports, it’s tough to take in. Especially since ESPN and FS1 are more concerned about performance art, rather than smart sports conversations. Just a lot of yelling and wwe personas clashing about dumb topics.

I do love Matt Bowen at ESPN though.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't trust certain Family members, let alone "talking heads"...