What the Bears really need to do.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's face it, there are no "quick fixes" to the Bears struggles. We are light on young talent, have a few aging vets that still have value, and need to tear this thing down and build from the ground up.

all this moronic talk of pipe dreams of signing Harbaugh, the "second coming" of (insert favorite coach here) is ludicrous. For the 8-9 mill a year, wouldn't you rather see that money spent signing a player (Suh anyone)? Can we really afford to lose a draft pick for a coach? Do we want to get stuck in a bidding war that very well could last months, into a coach we have but virtually no chance of landing, while other coaches get gobbled up by teams with more vision?

Build in the trenches first, dump Jay, get a young coachable QB that doesn't demand a SC gobbling salary, and then get our QB of the future. Don't be afraid of making the hard trades either. Yes, trading people like Jeffery might suck at first, but bears fan need to focus on long term.

A name has come up that I think could actually end up (long term) being a better coach than Harbaugh- Mark Dantonio. This is a coach we can land. Trade JC for Cousins, and get out from under that contract. NO, I don't see Cousins as being the QB of the future, nor do I think that should be the bears first step, but he has a small chance, and if he doesn't pan out, he just serves as the stop-gap that this team needs right now.

BearForceOne

Liked Posts:
With all of this talk of trading for Harbaugh, I seem to recall the league making it against the rules to trade for a coach after the Gruden trade - am I remembering that wrong, or did they do away with that rule?

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With all of this talk of trading for Harbaugh, I seem to recall the league making it against the rules to trade for a coach after the Gruden trade - am I remembering that wrong, or did they do away with that rule?

Had to have never been one or then did away with it. As last year Harbaugh was linked to trade rumors wi th the Browns. It was on NFL and ESPN. Just as this year rumors of trade to Oakland or Chicago. Otherwise I think someone would have caught that.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone think we should give Gary Kubiak a promotion?? He is a capable coach, at least he can control the locker room.

I'm iffy about giving him the job, has made playoffs a couple times but overall he has a losing record. Of course this was with the Texans who were bad for years. Idk..

Nick80

Let's face it, there are no "quick fixes" to the Bears struggles. We are light on young talent, have a few aging vets that still have value, and need to tear this thing down and build from the ground up.

all this moronic talk of pipe dreams of signing Harbaugh, the "second coming" of (insert favorite coach here) is ludicrous. For the 8-9 mill a year, wouldn't you rather see that money spent signing a player (Suh anyone)? Can we really afford to lose a draft pick for a coach? Do we want to get stuck in a bidding war that very well could last months, into a coach we have but virtually no chance of landing, while other coaches get gobbled up by teams with more vision?

Build in the trenches first, dump Jay, get a young coachable QB that doesn't demand a SC gobbling salary, and then get our QB of the future. Don't be afraid of making the hard trades either. Yes, trading people like Jeffery might suck at first, but bears fan need to focus on long term.

A name has come up that I think could actually end up (long term) being a better coach than Harbaugh- Mark Dantonio. This is a coach we can land. Trade JC for Cousins, and get out from under that contract. NO, I don't see Cousins as being the QB of the future, nor do I think that should be the bears first step, but he has a small chance, and if he doesn't pan out, he just serves as the stop-gap that this team needs right now.

Why would you trade a 25 year old WR if you are trying to develop a young QB?

People, think before you post.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just saw that part. Why the hell would we trade our best WR we have draftd in years. There are blowing up teams and then theirs just idiocy.

You guys dont see the big picture. alshon and long and fuller all need to go. Get rid of everything related to the incompetent regime and start fresh. Only way to go at this point.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guess we have to get rid of Long to? :( Don't do this to me HHM.

Nick80

You guys dont see the big picture. alshon and long and fuller all need to go. Get rid of everything related to the incompetent regime and start fresh. Only way to go at this point.

If this is the case, then we need 5th round picks. Aslong as we get 5th round picks. They all deserve a shot at a ring, so maybe to the Pats?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just saw that part. Why the hell would we trade our best WR we have draftd in years. There are blowing up teams and then theirs just idiocy.

Mostly because he is the one that has the most value, trade wise. Growing pains..........

What good is a great 25 year old WR when you don't have an offense that can get him the ball on a consistent level? You just don't get it. My plan didn't have the Bears drafting or acquiring their franchise QB this year, what part of that did you not understand? If you can parlay Jefferey into a Starting O-lineman, your much better off in the long haul. As of right now, his talent is mainly wasted.

He signed a four year contract in 2012, he becomes a free agent in 2016. Is it wise to hold him through 2015, when you know the Bears Offense will suck donkey balls, and then have him leave without getting squat?

Now that my friend is what I call idiocy........

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mostly because he is the one that has the most value, trade wise. Growing pains..........

What good is a great 25 year old WR when you don't have an offense that can get him the ball on a consistent level? YOu just don't get it. My plan didn't have the Bears drafting or acquiring their franchise QB this year, what part of that did you not understand? If you can parlay Jefferey into a Starting O-lineman, your much better off in the long haul. As of right now, his talent is mainly wasted.

He signed a four year contract in 2012, he becomes a free agent in 2016. Is it wise to hold him through 2015, when you know the Bears Offense will suck donkey balls, and then have him leave without getting squat?

Now that my friend is what I call idiocy........

Queston how long have you been watching football, or been a Bears fan. So your telling me you trade someone who had a better sophomore year in the NFL than many of the best WR in the NFL. When you get your hands on someone like Jeffrey you don't let that go. That's a player you build offense around. Jeffrey loves chicago he will resign.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes no sense at all to trade Jeffery. He's young and he's already one of the best WRs in the league. Trade him for what? To get a young extremely good QB? Great. Now we have a problem at receiver. The way to rebuild this team is through the draft. Period.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao let's trade one of the best WR in the game for a pick, to possibly get an average player. The logic just adds up so well, you win the Internet to congratulations.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Queston how long have you been watching football, or been a Bears fan. So your telling me you trade someone who had a better sophomore year in the NFL than many of the best WR in the NFL. When you get your hands on someone like Jeffrey you don't let that go. That's a player you build offense around. Jeffrey loves chicago he will resign.

Why do you want to horde an elite player while sacrificing the chance to win a championship in the next ten years? Firesale all the good players now and stockpile a shitload of picks for the awesome new gm to hit on, and lose out for a couple of years to get better picks. Thats how you win a superbowl. We need to be patient.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you want to horde an elite player while sacrificing the chance to win a championship in the next ten years? Firesale all the good players now and stockpile a shitload of picks for the awesome new gm to hit on, and lose out for a couple of years to get better picks. Thats how you win a superbowl. We need to be patient.

Lmao.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes no sense at all to trade Jeffery. He's young and he's already one of the best WRs in the league. Trade him for what? To get a young extremely good QB? Great. Now we have a problem at receiver. The way to rebuild this team is through the draft. Period.

Winning teams build in the trenches. 8-8 teams hold onto their star offense of talent at the expense of thier Offense and defensive lines, and as a result get stuck in mediocrity. Pay attention.

Who is the star Offensive WR on Seattle's team? They have a great D. There is no one player in this years free agency of draft that can transform the quality of the Defense than Suh.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/12/detroit_lions_ndamukong_suh_ky.html

Focus on D this year. Patch together a Bufflao like offense, work on that in the future. Enough of these second string cast-offs and aging vets past their glory years.

Do you want to build a team or be stuck in mediocrity forever?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For the 8-9 mill a year, wouldn't you rather see that money spent signing a player (Suh anyone)?

¿Que? This is what we call a non sequitur. Coaches' salaries have absolutely nothing to do with player spending. It's not as though staff's salaries count against the cap or anything, and the vast majority of teams (Bears included) spend right up to the cap pretty much every year regardless of how much their coaching staff is getting paid.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Okay lets think about this for a second.

1) Why would the Redskins want Cutler? They are already having problems with RG3 and Cutler has a huge contract on him.

2) Why would we want cousins, period? Cousins has already proven he sucks and besides we could just cut Cutler and draft our own damn QB.

3) Seriously what do we benefit from trading Alshon? Brandon is more likely to be traded and even that sounds silly

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Winning teams build in the trenches. 8-8 teams hold onto their star offense of talent at the expense of thier Offense and defensive lines, and as a result get stuck in mediocrity. Pay attention.

Who is the star Offensive WR on Seattle's team? They have a great D. There is no one player in this years free agency of draft that can transform the quality of the Defense than Suh.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/12/detroit_lions_ndamukong_suh_ky.html

Focus on D this year. Patch together a Bufflao like offense, work on that in the future. Enough of these second string cast-offs and aging vets past their glory years.

Do you want to build a team or be stuck in mediocrity forever?

So Seattle has won one superbowl in the last couple years? Look at every other team in recent history most of them while having a great defense had a Pro bowl/HoF WR. You can keep Jeffrey and still build through the draft. If you want to build through the draft why trade one of the best players we have drafted in the last 20 years? The offensive line played every game last year we need 2 new lineman Center and Right Tackle.

The defensive line. We have Ratliff, Ego and Sutton and hopefully they resign Paea. Defensive ends we have Houston, Allen and Young. While I think they should draft another Defensive end. We have more pressing needs such as Linebackers and members of the secondary.