What things through the years have made you a Bears fan

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At this point I'm not sure lol. I'm a huge fan of Cutler, Forte, Urlacher, Briggs and Tillman but lately ?‍♂️ Mack I guess? Ill just say Stockholm syndrome

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
When I was a kid growing up my whole family would get together to watch the games and eat good food. Then I raised 5 kids and we get together for Bears games. So it's more about family then football as why I always liked Bears games. What made me a real fan of football was the 76 SB. Pitt over Dal with a last minute TD. Great game. Win or lose I love the Bears and will watch till i'm dead.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Doug Buffone, Wally Chambers, Jim Osborne, Waymond Bryant, and then they drafted a guy named Payton...

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
Here are my favorite Bears things of all time.
1) A Walter Payton highstep
2) A Walter Payton goal line leap
3) A Walter Payton stiff arm
4) A Jim McMahon headband
5) A Wilbur Marshall sledgehammer hit
6) A Dent/McMichael/Hampton meeting at the QB
7) A Neal Anderson one cut and go.( great RB with the unenviable task of unseating and following the GOAT)
8) A Peanut punch
9) A Mike Brown hit
10) An Urlacher what did I just see.
11)A Hester punt return
12) A Forte wheel route
13) yet to be determined. (hopefully something involving the play of a QB sometime in my lifetime)
Back when I was 8-9 years old I sent out letters to 30+ different professional athletes like mark McGwire Jose canseco etc. stating I was a fan etc etc. one responded with an autographed picture. Sweetness. That’s what made me a fan. Super bowl was most memorable event for me.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Born in 96 I was 10 years old when the bears went to the Super Bowl I got to see the greatness of It Urlacher Briggs Tillman Mike Brown Tommie Harris Nathan Vasher Thomas Jones when I first started actually getting into watching football.

06 was also when YouTube came out. It all started out great as a bears fan then it went downhill from there. All my family members were also fans.

This video and YouTube came out the same time was also one of the best pump up YouTube videos I still have ever seen.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Grew up in Chicago in the 80's and 90's. You were either a Bears fan, or a CFB fan. This was before the Favre (and later AAron) inspired rash of "Packers" "fans" in the North burbs.
nah, they just a bunch of heathens that someone let them cross the state line.

twetz

Liked Posts:
Pretty simple answer here. I grew up in east central Wisconsin. My uncle was a huge Packers fan and my dad was a huge Bears fan. Sibling rivalry, right, but things really became clear when I was in Middle School. Packer fans were way too arrogant and always quick to gloat when they won and quick to make excuses when they lost. It was pretty sickening and, of course still is today.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
7) A Neal Anderson one cut and go.( great RB with the unenviable task of unseating and following the GOAT)
8) A Peanut punch
9) A Mike Brown hit
11)A Hester punt return
12) A Forte wheel route
13) yet to be determined. (hopefully something involving the play of a QB sometime in my lifetime)

The constant pain of getting kicked in the teeth over and over and over and over again.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was the 2006 defense and then the high of finally getting a QB, Cutler, that had me really hooked.

That went to shit and it has mostly been shit since.

What really hooked me was actually going to games and tailgating. The city, the people, the atmosphere is addicting.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Pretty simple answer here. I grew up in east central Wisconsin. My uncle was a huge Packers fan and my dad was a huge Bears fan. Sibling rivalry, right, but things really became clear when I was in Middle School. Packer fans were way too arrogant and always quick to gloat when they won and quick to make excuses when they lost. It was pretty sickening and, of course still is today.
Dang... a child's decision made in middle school probably shaved at least a couple years of your life in stress.

Jk. Go bears.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
It was the 2006 defense and then the high of finally getting a QB, Cutler, that had me really hooked.

That went to shit and it has mostly been shit since.

What really hooked me was actually going to games and tailgating. The city, the people, the atmosphere is addicting.
The biggest bait and switch of all time...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now my kids are into it. Not that they watch the game, but they like that people come over and there are snacks and they wear their jerseys. It is part of our family routine.

At least every Sunday I ask myself whether I did something wrong tying them to this franchise, Would they be happier sports fans if we had become Ravens or Saints fans?

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Grew up in TN. No pro sports teams. Only 4 over-the-air TV stations. For some reason, we got WGN as a partnership with one of our local broadcasting companies. So I saw lots of Bears highlights and watched nearly every Cubs game from the age of 6 to 15. I was 6 when the Bears won the SB, and I was mesmerized watching Sweetness on the TV. Never wavered since.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
I hate for this to be true, but it might have been Cade McNown, but not because I liked him or anything. Other than the Bulls , I wasn't interested in professional sports as a kid. The Bears drafting McNown, the stupid plan to insert him into a series or two a game, etc. made it onto my radar and I decided to watch some games. McNown sucked, but my interest in the NFL grew. Then came the 2001 season with Urlacher and Mike Brown and I was hooked.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
Became a fan during the Devin Hester hype and a couple years before we traded for Jay Cutler.
Can remember my dad saying “we finally have a franchise quarter back!l -_-

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
8) A Peanut punch
9) A Mike Brown hit
11)A Hester punt return
12) A Forte wheel route

Doug Plank the Hit Man!!!!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My wife leaves when I start talking to the tv
I do that a lot especially when i drink liquor and sit the hell down for a while, or when watching the Bears and especially when watching Trump talk on tv, I mock the shit outta him.