My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Used to go clubbing at the speakeasys hoping to hook up with Virginia,huh?
I used to spend many, many nights at Walter Paytons 2 bars in Schaumburg: Studebakers and Club 34. Drinking with him and chasing chicks

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I used to spend many, many nights at Walter Paytons 2 bars in Schaumburg: Studebakers and Club 34. Drinking with him and chasing chicks
The translation from Omelet fantasy to reality is:
I used to spend many, many nights in my Schaumburg basement ,drinking bottles of Blue Nunn with him and leafing through a old crinkled up Hustler.

Sorta like this but with a 13" black and white TV way dingier and creepier, if that is possible.
1591826116577.png

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The translation from Omelet fantasy to reality is:
I used to spend many, many nights in my Schaumburg basement ,drinking bottles of Blue Nunn with him and leafing through a old crinkled up Hustler.

Sorta like this but with a 13" black and white TV way dingier and creepier, if that is possible.
View attachment 5860
That’s like the one at the shitty old houlihans on michigan that was a cutout of mcmahon telling you not to drink and drive

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I won’t say moments but people. Being a 85 bears mark I will start post championship. It’s easy not to have a lot of great memories of the 1990’s lol

Mike Brown
Brian Urlacher
Charles Tillman
Devin Hester
Robbie Gould
Jay Cutler
Akiem Hicks
Eddie Jackson

mecha

Liked Posts:
probably heredity.

the 2000s teams, good and bad, were lightyears above what the 90s offered where it was almost embarrassing to be a fan. like 1996 was the only noteworthy year, I still remember that MNF game against the Cowboys fresh off another Super Bowl win... how did they pull that one off?

obviously the 80s teams had tons of character. you can call it meatball, I genuinely enjoyed seeing those players as a unit. afk Pure Payton

Username

Liked Posts:
I started watching the Bears in the 80's when I still lived in Chicago. Radio jocks, Steve Dahl and Garry Mier did a lot to make that team more human. They'd have Thayer on at least once a week and talk to him about everything other that football and he was really open about things. I remember them doing the George Halas coffin phone. I remember them getting Otis Wilson to tell them who had the biggest dick on the Bears on the air. I remember them eviscerating Packer fans,, those were good times. Then Buddy left, QB's got hurt, and Wilbur got traded.. whole team went to shit. The team has been shit ever since, with occasional signs for hope, but nothing sustained. This team is a soap opera of mistakes and I only wait to see with morbid curiosity on what and how they'll fuck up next. Lovie gets them to the Superbowl, but can never get a Superbowl offense going, so they fire him on a 10-6 season, and Emery brings in worse coach of all time, they fire both and bring in some GM who just crawled out of his mom's vagina who hires the poster boy for mediocrity for a head coach who also can't get any Offense going but at least brings a good D coach. The GM fucks us for the foreseeable future by thinking he's smart and brings in Glennon and picks Justin Timberlake look a-like for our QB of the future, basically based on his looks. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out in later years that Pace asked his daughters to make the pick. To make sure all hope is lost, he brings in a coach with about as much experience as the QB. A coach who's O blew a 21-3 lead in the most important game of their season, but we were told not to worry about that. The new coach implements a O based on a Sonic drive up menu and of course does well his first year, as opposing D's don't know what to expect, but still in typical fashion, the most important game of his season comes down to a field goal which is missed twice. The next year, opposing D's figure out that the QB can't read D's and can barely throw to his left. For some reason the majority of the meat heads think the Bears are going to the SB, but the Realist expect no better than 8 - 8. The realist won. They'll win again next year too as the GM has failed to bring in bonified QB talent, and the HC is still blowing smoke and our D coach is as aggressive as cold oatmeal. To be a Bear's fan is like being a battered wife. It is to suspend belief and deny reality. I can't wait for the next fuck up.

Last edited:

melm

Liked Posts:
The main thing that made me a bears fan was the cardinals leaving Chicago. I want born yet, but my family was cards fans. Switched to bearss only by necessity.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to my first Bear game in November of 1957..Bears beat GB...I was hooked

Tradition!

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Want to know what made me a Bears fan?

Packers fans.

What a group of obnoxious assholes.

I didn't even like the NFL until high school but those bastards tend to be insufferable.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Uhhh, I assume most were born or raised in Chicago and/or parents were Bear fans and you followed along as a kid????

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
5beaba1b8f624cf388771591d32c4e2e.gif

you know you're full of shit, I know Payton did not possibly hang out with you, Walter was a friend of a man that i work for, whom is from North Carolina, Him and Walter were buddies cause the guy works for Nascar, I'm not sayin' any names related to the driver or my woman's family, but you're full of shit.
Kind of hurts when there's somebody around that actually hears true stories, right?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
5beaba1b8f624cf388771591d32c4e2e.gif

you know you're full of shit, I know Payton did not possibly hang out with you, Walter was a friend of a man that i work for, whom is from North Carolina, Him and Walter were buddies cause the guy works for Nascar, I'm not sayin' any names related to the driver or my woman's family, but you're full of shit.
Kind of hurts when there's somebody around that actually hears true stories, right?
Your story falls apart when you claim you have friends

Not saying Walter and I were best friends but the truth is we were together over 100 times: Party at his house, MNF at his "second house", Neighbors (4 houses away), workout partners, occasional drinks, times we sat in my driveway and talked, dinner at Houlihans with his kids after Christmas shopping, time he showed me his pistol and Cook County Deputy Sherrif's badge, tine I was riding my tractor cutting my lawn and he just missed hitting me in his Lexus, time he buzzed me in his Lamborghini on Higgens road in South Barrington

So, fuck off

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Your story falls apart when you claim you have friends

Not saying Walter and I were best friends but the truth is we were together over 100 times: Party at his house, MNF at his "second house", Neighbors (4 houses away), workout partners, occasional drinks, times we sat in my driveway and talked, dinner at Houlihans with his kids after Christmas shopping, time he showed me his pistol and Cook County Deputy Sherrif's badge, tine I was riding my tractor cutting my lawn and he just missed hitting me in his Lexus, time he buzzed me in his Lamborghini on Higgens road in South Barrington

So, fuck off
a man with no name.

that's you.

so ommy please tell me where did i exactly "claimed that i have friends" in that post?

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I just got into it as a kid, and love watching Bears' games.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
For me it has always been about having a defense to be proud of! It was a tough stretch for a few years with the trainwreck that Trestman and Mel Tucker put this franchise in and I almost lost it. During those years I couldn't take it. Those clowns made the Bears's defense the laughingstock of the league. I questioned my fandom the day Rodgers laughed at us while he scored 6TDs on the Bears in the 1st half. I seriously didn't know why I followed such a s*** team and was flat out embarrassed.

Vic Fangio single-handedly saved this franchise to me. So I guess, he may be the one that kept me a Bear's fan. Now we have a top tier defense with a future HOF playing. I'll be more than happy to watch a 10-6 Bears team whom's bad-ass defense carries their struggling offense.